Sleeving non-modular PSU cable

mopishcross17

Hello im looking for solutions to sleeving my deepcool DE-580 PSU cables (like how the atx connecter has been). im looking for something that wont cost to much and dosent take to long e.g sleeving each individual cable. i am asking because im using the masterbox lite 3 micro atx case and there isnt any room behind the mobo tray for hidng cables and im trying to make it look neat thank you. Thank you

IMG_2979.JPG

Just now, mopishcross17 said:

Hello im looking for solutions to sleeving my deepcool DE-580 PSU cables (like how the atx connecter has been). im looking for something that wont cost to much and dosent take to long e.g sleeving each individual cable. i am asking because im using the masterbox lite 3 micro atx case and there isnt any room behind the mobo tray for hidng cables and im trying to make it look neat thank you. Thank you

Getting sleeved extensions would be your next best solution other than getting a new PSU. 

so what would sleeved extrensions look like? askiung since i havent next to no clue about sleeving since i have alwyas hid them behind the mobo

3 minutes ago, mopishcross17 said:

so what would sleeved extrensions look like? askiung since i havent next to no clue about sleeving since i have alwyas hid them behind the mobo

They would just be as their name entails extensions to the existing cables, you have a fairly small case so it's not ideal for cable management but would be the cheapest solution next to a modular PSU with sleeved replacement cables. 

24pin.jpg

you can cover them in a mesh sleeve but that is it. 

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

CPU-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X / CPU Cooler-Noctua NH-D15S / Motherboard-MSI MPG X570S CARBON MAX WIFI / Memory-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-WD WDBSLA0040HNC-NRSN 4TB 3.5" 7200 RPM / Storage-WD Red 6 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM--Crucial P3 4TB 3.0X4 NVME--Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB 4.0X4 NVME--Corsair MP600 CORE 2TB 4.0X4 NVME / Video Card-XFX Radeon RX 6900 XT / Case-Lian Li O11 Air Mini / PSU-SeaSonic PRIME 1000 W 80+ Gold / Sound Card-Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z w/Shield / Monitor-BenQ GW2765HT 27.0" 2560 x 1440 60 Hz / Monitor-Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27.0" 2560 x 1440 170 Hz / Keyboard-Logitech G Pro / Mouse-Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless / UPS-CyberPower GX1325U / Fan Controller-Corsair Commander Pro

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / CPU Cooler-Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX / Motherboard-Asus TUF GAMING X570-PRO (WI-FI) / MemoryG.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-Western Digital Black SN750 SE 1TB 4.0X4 NVME--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB 3.0X4 NVME--Seagate Barracuda Compute 3 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM / Video Card-Asus KO Gaming OC GeForce RTX 3070 / Case-Lian Li O11 Air Mini / Case-LIAN LI PCI-E 16 X 4.0 Black Riser / PSU-EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ Gold / Monitor-LG 22BK430H-B 21.5" 1920 x 1080 60 Hz / Monitor-MSI Optix 271CQP 27.0" 2560 x 1440 165 Hz Curved / Keyboard-Logitech G413 TKL SE / Mouse-Logitech G502 HERO Wired / UPS-CyberPower CP1350PFCLCD / Fan Controller-Corsair  Commander Pro / Sony HT-S200F Soundbar

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5700X / CPU Cooler-Scythe Mugen 5 Black Edition / Motherboard-MSI MPG B550I GAMING EDGE MAX WIFI / Memory-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB 3.0X4 NVME--PNY CS900 1TB 2.5" SSD--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB NVME/ Video Card-EVGA XC GAMING GeForce RTX 3060 / Case-Cooler NR200P / PSU-Cooler Master V750 SFX GOLD / Keyboard-HyperX Alloy Origins Core / Mouse-Logitech G502 HERO Wired / UPS-CyberPower LE1000DG-FC / Fan Controller-NZXT RGB & Fan Controller

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5700G / CPU Cooler-Scythe Shuriken 2 / Motherboard-Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI / Memory-Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3800 CL18 / Storage-WD Blue 1TB 2.5" SSD--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB 3.0X4 NVME--Patriot P310 1.92TB 3.0X4 NVME / Case-InWin B1 Mesh / Keyboard-Logitech K380 / Mouse-Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless / Monitor-ViewSonic VX1755 17" 1080p Portable IPS Gaming Monitor 144Hz / Speakers-Creative Muvo Go (Black)

If you're in US, this would be a good place to get sleeve of various diameters : https://www.digikey.com/short/qtqr75

May not be the cheapest but it's quality stuff.

In Europe, check Farnell  ( making url shorter because Farnell likes to use miles long links that can break in forum post)  : http://goo.gl/PxjrGn

Cablemod and other such companies may have stuff cheaper.

ps. I've used the sleeving made by HellermannTyton and like it.

Thanks for all the help but one more thing would pccg or mwave offer theses by anychance? cause i am living in australia

Farnell has an Australian warehouse and an Australian version of their website : http://au.element14.com/

Go to Connectors & Cable > Cable Management > Sleeving and Tubing ...  and then pick Braided and  Nylon and other flexible materials to filter out what you don't need (like steel mesh sleeve for example)

(Element14, Farnell , Newark.com are all owned by the same company, it's same store but they use these different domains for different territories) 

3 minutes ago, mopishcross17 said:

Thanks for all the help but one more thing would pccg or mwave offer theses by anychance? cause i am living in australia

For a plug and go solution lots out there, they come in different colors also:

https://www.pccasegear.com/products/40242/cablemod-basic-modflex-cable-extension-kit-black-6-2pin

12 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

why replace it? it has been running well for the past year

Just now, mopishcross17 said:

Because it's a cheap peice of shit, a piece of shit that didn't even bother getting the RCM Mark (or C-Tick if it's older, which it isn't), which is required for a product to be sold in Australia.

No, you cannot determine the quality or goodness of a PSU by if you computer works or not. Certifications, safety features, quality of components used, voltage regulation, design, ripple voltage... are all what determines what is a good PSU

9 minutes ago, mopishcross17 said:

It's not considered to be a good quality PSU, as Comic Sans has suggested those units would be a good option over the current one. Personally the CX450M would be my choice for the modular option in a small case. 

is it that bad of quality that i should imediantly order another psu now? cause im planning on buying someother stuff atm

1 hour ago, mopishcross17 said:

is it that bad of quality that i should imediantly order another psu now? cause im planning on buying someother stuff atm

I would

• 2 months later...

what you can do is buy some paracord the colour that you want the cables to be. once you have the paracord, pull out the core of it. you can get two staples and put them into the connector and take out the cables (only do this one at a time as putting the cables into the wrong socket can destroy your computer) but you can feed the parcord over the cables and the burn the ends a bit so that they don't fray, then put the cable back into the connector. that way you don't have to take apart the psu.

(in the image i provided, if you stick two staples into the ends of on of the sockets, you can take out the cable)

ONLY  DO ONE CABLE AT A TIME

24 pin connector.jpg