Should this range considered too hot for my GPU/CPU?

MindUnited
Go to solution Solved by Aelita Sophie,
12 minutes ago, MindUnited said:

Thanks , also I check on the GALAX Website for my GTX 1060 3GB , it says "High Demanding Game" with 65~ C

http://www.galax.com/en/graphics-card/galax-geforce-gtx-1060-oc-3gb.html

does this means if it reach somewhere or exact 65 or more = should stop or just not that much?

Nah. The website states that 65C with demanding games is normal and to be expected. Anything lower is even better. Quick rule of thumb. A CPU should not reach higher then 90C on a hot day. Most people use a max temp of 80C, which is perfectly reasonable. Same goes somewhat for Graphic cards. Not higher then 90C and you are fine. The lower the better. I generally set my fan curve so it can never reach higher then 75C. (I tend to keep my GPU's cooler then my CPU's)

Anyhow, those are perfectly normal temps. Nothing to worry about. 

Since I dont know which topic section to go ,this maybe the place

CPU : AMD FX8320E 3.2GHZ (With a Seidon 120v v3+ Push/Pull AIO in Silent Mode)

MB : 970A-D3P REV 2.0

GPU : GALAX 1060 3GB - rpm around 800-1000 , it's two fans

CPU Temps : 19-35c during Idle and Browsing , No Lower than 30 and stays around 41-50c during gaming (Games in test are RB6,Fortnite and Dota2 with most V-Sync on and 60FPS Cap , settings are mixed mid-low)

More Specific on browsing : Chrome , maximum of 5-6 tabs , watching 1-3 twitch streams at 480-360p

If room is very cool , browsing could go 13-16 sometime

GPU Temps : 31-33c during Idle and Browsing , Around 44-53c during gaming (same games)

for CSGO would be 56c at Mirage with low graphics and no FPS CAP

Programs that I open background : HWMonitor , Discord , Steam , sometime Spotify

I turn on air conditioner in my room too , so my room is kinda cool (when I lay my hand to touch on the case. it very cool)

just want to know , many friends tells me that 50c should not considered. it's just my worried and OCD about Temps and things such

12 minutes ago, MindUnited said:

Thanks , also I check on the GALAX Website for my GTX 1060 3GB , it says "High Demanding Game" with 65~ C

http://www.galax.com/en/graphics-card/galax-geforce-gtx-1060-oc-3gb.html

does this means if it reach somewhere or exact 65 or more = should stop or just not that much?

Nah. The website states that 65C with demanding games is normal and to be expected. Anything lower is even better. Quick rule of thumb. A CPU should not reach higher then 90C on a hot day. Most people use a max temp of 80C, which is perfectly reasonable. Same goes somewhat for Graphic cards. Not higher then 90C and you are fine. The lower the better. I generally set my fan curve so it can never reach higher then 75C. (I tend to keep my GPU's cooler then my CPU's)

Anyhow, those are perfectly normal temps. Nothing to worry about. 

Main RIG: i7 4770k ~ 4.8Ghz | Intel HD Onboard (enough for my LoL gaming) | Samsung 960 Pro 256GB NVMe | 32GB (4x 8GB) Kingston Savage 2133Mhz DDR3 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | ThermalTake FrioOCK | MS-Tech (puke) 700W | Windows 10 64Bit

Mining RIG: AMD A6-9500 | ASRock AB350 Pro | 4GB DDR4 | 500GB 2.5 Inch HDD | 2x MSI AERO GTX 1060 6GB (Core/Memory/TDP/Avg Temp +160/+800/120%/45c) | 1x Asus Strix GTX 970 (+195/+400/125%/55c) | 1x KFA2 GTX 960 (+220/+500/120%/70c) | Corsair GS800 800W | HP HSTNS-PD05 1000W | (Modded) Inter-Tech IPC 4U-4129-N Rackmount Case

Guest RIG: FX6300 | AMD HD7870 | Kingston HyperX 128GB SSD | 16GB (2x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws 1600Mhz DDR3 | Some ASRock 970 Mobo | Stock Heatsink | some left over PSU  | Windows 10 64Bit

VM Server: HP Proliant DL160 G6 | 2x Intel Xeon E5620 @ 2.4Ghz 4c/8t (8c/16t total) | 16GB (8x 2GB) HP 1066Mhz ECC DDR3 | 2x Western Digital Black 250GB HDD | VMWare ESXI

Storage Node: 2x Intel Xeon E5520 @ 2.27Ghz 4c/8t (8c/16t total) | Intel ServerBoard S5500HCV | 36GB (9x 4GB) 1333Mhz ECC DDR3 | 3x Seagate 2TB 7200RPM | 4x Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB

When I game my GPU reach 85-90 c and it is fine.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

we have the same cpu there, turning of turbo mode will lower that 50 deg C... turbo mode of FX cpu is crazy injecting very high voltage just to reach 4.0GHz on turbo mode.. 

but on top of that no worries on your cpu temp it is still normal. 

1 hour ago, rheyL said:

we have the same cpu there, turning of turbo mode will lower that 50 deg C... turbo mode of FX cpu is crazy injecting very high voltage just to reach 4.0GHz on turbo mode.. 

but on top of that no worries on your cpu temp it is still normal. 

I see , hwmonitor will go to 4.0ghz during gaming , the powers package said in "W" with maximum of sometimes 60w - is this a too much and danger W or not? 60W is just rarely on gaming. Elsewhere during small gaming or watch streaming will be 34-36 to 51w , mainly stays around 41-47w 

Also , If I let this go. I mean I never touch the bios nor the turbo mode settings (I dont know what they're set to , maybe auto) - just let the options be that way I'm still fine right? my CPU is about 2yrs old 

oops , forgot about voltage - on HWMonitor's "CPU VCORE"

will range at lowest 0.864V to Max of 1.404V - I assume it's going up and down from my usage , I search somewhere saying its safe range

I know a little that CPU will last very long

2 hours ago, MindUnited said:

oops , forgot about voltage - on HWMonitor's "CPU VCORE"

will range at lowest 0.864V to Max of 1.404V - I assume it's going up and down from my usage , I search somewhere saying its safe range

I know a little that CPU will last very long

see that? 1.404v for 4.0GHz turbo... hahaha too much voltage... and yes you are still safe on that range and yes FX cpu are built for that. 

1.225v for 4.0GHz is enough if you manually overclock it. And that voltage 1.404v is for 4.5GHz

you are still good, safe and sound. 

no worries. game on!