what abient air temperature in the case is acceptable?

Ashleyyyy

i have one of those fancy fan controllers, with a thermal probe on it. that thermal probe is attached to another cable that's hanging just below the cpu cooler. so it's a good monitor of the air temperature in the case. 

if i keep my fans at 800rpm, and then start gaming, the temperature in the case reaches 35 degrees celcius sometimees. is this too hot? should i ramp up the fans sooner?

She/Her

3 minutes ago, hv0k said:

its totally fine. 

what temperature "isn't fine" ? just so i know if i'm near that...

She/Her

Regarding to CPUs i think kabylake is fine until 100c 

for the GPU 85c 

so you're good so far.

Just now, hv0k said:

Regarding to CPUs i think kabylake is fine until 100c 

for the GPU 85c 

so you're good so far.

well yeah but this is about the air temperature. so if that temp gets to about 40 degrees it will try to cool the components wiht that hot air...

She/Her

as long as your room temp is cool, then I dont see how the case will get hot if the air is exhausted well. 

Just now, hv0k said:

as long as your room temp is cool, then I dont see how the case will get hot if the air is exhausted well. 

that's what the question was about. i want my pc to stay quiet, and i was wondering at what point i need to ramp up the fans...

She/Her

I'm sure that they ramp up automatically you don't have to worry as much about this. 

Just now, hv0k said:

I'm sure that they ramp up automatically you don't have to worry as much about this. 

i use a manual fan controller... that was in my original post

She/Her

Keep the RPM low when your doing normal usage, like browsing or watching videos, and ramp it up to 2000 RPM maybe or 2500 RPM when gaming

I think having them on 1200 should yield good combination between quietness and performance. 

I hope that answered your inquiry. 

21 hours ago, firelighter487 said:

that's what the question was about. i want my pc to stay quiet, and i was wondering at what point i need to ramp up the fans...

What temp is inside the case doesn't matter a thing. In optimal situation, air is constantly moving from outside the case, through hot components and outside of case. You can use thermal probes to "have fun" with readings. Only temps which do matter are CPU and GPU, maybe drives a bit, but they are usually under 60C anyway.

So way to setup case fans. Set intakes to follow GPU temp and exhaust to follow CPU temp.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

What temp is inside the case doesn't matter a thing. In optimal situation, air is constantly moving from outside the case, through hot components and outside of case. You can use thermal probes to "have fun" with readings. Only temps which do matter are CPU and GPU, maybe drives a bit, but they are usually under 60C anyway.

So way to setup case fans. Set intakes to follow GPU temp and exhaust to follow CPU temp.

but do the components on the mobo get enough cool air when the temperature in the case is high?

She/Her

22 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

but do the components on the mobo get enough cool air when the temperature in the case is high?

I see you didn't understand the concept. Let me explain again.

In optimal situation there's no "hot air" in case at any point. So fans are constantly moving air in and out. Since this is impossible with normal ATX case, fans are used to keep hottest components as cool as possible. Things without their own fans rely on passive airflow other fans provide. These would be drives and mobo components. If you grab good software like HWiNFO64, you will how mobo components and drives are in terms of temps. Hottest I've seen my HDD is 53C, mobo components have been up to 75C (as they are fine up to 110C, its quite low temps).

So for drives and mobo components temp inside the case is quite irrelevant as its CPU and GPU which would overheat first. And this is why no one measures temps inside the case.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

9 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

I see you didn't understand the concept. Let me explain again.

In optimal situation there's no "hot air" in case at any point. So fans are constantly moving air in and out. Since this is impossible with normal ATX case, fans are used to keep hottest components as cool as possible. Things without their own fans rely on passive airflow other fans provide. These would be drives and mobo components. If you grab good software like HWiNFO64, you will how mobo components and drives are in terms of temps. Hottest I've seen my HDD is 53C, mobo components have been up to 75C (as they are fine up to 110C, its quite low temps).

So for drives and mobo components temp inside the case is quite irrelevant as its CPU and GPU which would overheat first. And this is why no one measures temps inside the case.

oh okay. i get it. 

She/Her