Google's Pixel 2

I've seen the Pixel 2 and honestly it looks a bit ugly, like the edges are a bit too fat, the design is not that improved. But before you grab your pitchforks and start chasing me I would like to say that its missing a few features people could use.
1. The most beloved by all, Jack.
2. The new kid, Dual cam.
3. The damn train.
Alright, the third is a joke (if you couldn't tell) but I would like to hear what everyone thinks of the Pixel 2, I'd really appreciate multiple views on this new phones.
Thank you!

9 minutes ago, AbleRyder said:

I've seen the Pixel 2 and honestly it looks a bit ugly, like the edges are a bit too fat, the design is not that improved. But before you grab your pitchforks and start chasing me I would like to say that its missing a few features people could use.
1. The most beloved by all, Jack.
2. The new kid, Dual cam.
3. The damn train.
Alright, the third is a joke (if you couldn't tell) but I would like to hear what everyone thinks of the Pixel 2, I'd really appreciate multiple views on this new phones.
Thank you!

dual cam isnt even needed considering how good the camera is already... and it comes with a usb-c to 3.5mm jack... but still, i HATE how you have to connect additional wire just to get wired earphones/headphones. its stupid... but hey, its 2017.

i would've pulled the trigger on the launch the day if it had the headphone jack... seems like i'll be sticking to my 6 Plus for a little longer.

but overall, its a great phone. im not too bothered about the sides like what other people say about it.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Just now, Zomicron said:

To me the hardware for the pixel 2 seems like it was a prototype for the LG V30 before they gave the V30 a headphone jack, wireless charging, and SD card expansion.  (both are made by LG BTW) 

It did feel a bit like it, I had no idea it was made by LG thanks for that info I really appreciate it.

1 minute ago, SeanAngelo said:

dual cam isnt even needed considering how good the camera is already...

i would've pulled the trigger on the launch the day if it had the headphone jack... seems like i'll be sticking to my 6 Plus for a little longer.

but overall, its a great phone. im not too bothered about the sides like what other people say about it.

I agree with you on the point that dual cam isn't needed as the camera itself is pretty good but its still a nice touch, gives the phone more of a DSLR-ish feel in its pictures. Its become more of a standard even on budget phones of 2017.

and I pointed out its sides because they look too ugly as compared to other flagships released in the same year.

To me the pixel 2 is too boring, the XL is the phone to get.

The XL is kind of expensive though. If it was $749 I'd say it seems like a good phone to get but at $849 it's a tough call between other flagships.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

1 minute ago, DocSwag said:

The XL is kind of expensive though. If it was $749 I'd say it seems like a good phone to get but at $849 it's a tough call between other flagships.

I've heard the XL is just as powerful as the original size but I could be wrong. Do you know if its the same in performance? or is there a difference?

Just now, Aytex said:

The more I look at the more I grow fonder of the XL 2. Even without the jack. I NEVER charge while using a port so doesn't really matter for me.

But isn't a phone with more features better than less features? I don't mean that the Pixel is mediocre Apple level but still, they didn't really HAD to remove that jack.

26 minutes ago, AbleRyder said:

But isn't a phone with more features better than less features? I don't mean that the Pixel is mediocre Apple level but still, they didn't really HAD to remove that jack.

It's cause the pixel XL 2 is pretty much a phone I've been wanting a company to design for a while. A curved screen with stock Android and quite a while of software support

1 hour ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Meh. With the removal of the headphone jack, there's not much reason to get a Pixel 2 or 2 XL over an iPhone 8/Plus to me.

True, true 

1 hour ago, Aytex said:

It's cause the pixel XL 2 is pretty much a phone I've been wanting a company to design for a while. A curved screen with stock Android and quite a while of software support

I agree with you, its nice to have a flexible phone with stock Android. It opens up more possibilities. And since you can root it too its much better.

I'd like if it was glass backed because then you could charge your phone wireless, also removing the audio jack was unnecessary I really don't care about dual camera due to it being a really good camera maybe even the best on a smart phone. like wall bluetooth is fine for headphones wired is still better and I don't want to buy wireless Jbird no matter how good they are I think next year iteration needs to have these things and also a full infinty edge display or front firing speakers maybe both, I am still stick with the S7 edge for my future phone.

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

1 minute ago, Eduard the weeb said:

I'd like if it was glass backed because then you could charge your phone wireless, also removing the audio jack was unnecessary I really don't care about dual camera due to it being a really good camera maybe even the best on a smart phone. like wall bluetooth is fine for headphones wired is still better and I don't want to buy wireless Jbird no matter how good they are I think next year iteration needs to have these things and also a full infinty edge display or front firing speakers maybe both, I am still stick with the S7 edge for my future phone.

A glass back would look sick + the wireless charging.
To dual cam, or not to dual cam, that is the question.
And your decision feels right to stick with your S7 edge instead of going for the Pixel, I'd wait for new phones that are better and have more features than less tbh.

1 minute ago, AbleRyder said:

A glass back would look sick + the wireless charging.
To dual cam, or not to dual cam, that is the question.
And your decision feels right to stick with your S7 edge instead of going for the Pixel, I'd wait for new phones that are better and have more features than less tbh.

yeah I personally screen shot maybe 10 times the number of memes then I take photos so dual camera kinda look awkward other then apple or one plus 5s implantation. 

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

I have to say, I couldn't care less about the lack of dual cameras. If you look at a side by side comparison of an image with digital zoom vs an image shot with the second camera, you really can't tell much of a difference.

Although, the lack of the headphone jack does irk me. I have however come to terms with it as Pixel 2 XL will be my next smartphone

4 minutes ago, JohnMarkHutch said:

I have to say, I couldn't care less about the lack of dual cameras. If you look at a side by side comparison of an image with digital zoom vs an image shot with the second camera, you really can't tell much of a difference.

Although, the lack of the headphone jack does irk me. I have however come to terms with it as Pixel 2 XL will be my next smartphone

There's a slightly noticeable difference

Here's one with the dual lens turned offIMG_20171014_101934.thumb.jpg.fece343274a8b6d128e39366b5f4c758.jpg

And
Here's one with the dual lens turned on.IMG_20171014_101926.thumb.jpg.6f67688ca9c4c16eb69bba2cab3d25a0.jpg

But its very subtle. So I agree with you.

1 minute ago, AbleRyder said:

There's a slightly noticeable difference

Here's one with the dual lens turned offIMG_20171014_101934.thumb.jpg.fece343274a8b6d128e39366b5f4c758.jpg

And
Here's one with the dual lens turned on.IMG_20171014_101926.thumb.jpg.6f67688ca9c4c16eb69bba2cab3d25a0.jpg

But its very subtle. So I agree with you.

Yeah, I have seen phones with a regular lens and a wide angle lens. That, I believe is a good use.

Just now, JohnMarkHutch said:

Yeah, I have seen phones with a regular lens and a wide angle lens. That, I believe is a good use.

They fall short though, on budget devices their optimal range is 2 metres or around that area. On flagships its higher but not as good as a full fledged DSLR ofc.

Just now, AbleRyder said:

They fall short though, on budget devices their optimal range is 2 metres or around that area. On flagships its higher but not as good as a full fledged DSLR ofc

Right, overall I have decided for myself that I will not use a dual camera as a reason to buy but it could be considered icing on the cake.

Just now, JohnMarkHutch said:

Right, overall I have decided for myself that I will not use a dual camera as a reason to buy but it could be considered icing on the cake.

You're right, a dual camera is more like icing on the cake.
But what use do we have for it anyway? I mean all we do is download memes so eh, I couldn't care less xD.

On 10/13/2017 at 2:09 PM, DocSwag said:

The XL is the one with the disgustingly crappy screen though

2 hours ago, Radioactive Snowman said:

The XL is the one with the disgustingly crappy screen though

It doesn't seem horrible, really. As far as I can tell the ones with the super bad viewing angle issues are on the pre production stuff.

It's still an issue, but not a dealbreaker one.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Spoiler

15 hours ago, DocSwag said:

It doesn't seem horrible, really. As far as I can tell the ones with the super bad viewing angle issues are on the pre production stuff.

It's still an issue, but not a dealbreaker one.

Every reviewer that got their retail version said the display is awful and the worst display they've seen on a flagship phone. Couple even said it looks like it should be on a $300 phone not $850.

It's not something that can be fixed with updates either

3 hours ago, Radioactive Snowman said:

Every reviewer that got their retail version said the display is awful and the worst display they've seen on a flagship phone. Couple even said it looks like it should be on a $300 phone not $850.

It's not something that can be fixed with updates either

Yeah after looking some more... it doesn't seem too good...

I was planning on buying a 2 XL too :/. I kinda want to go and see one in person now, so I can know for sure how good or bad it is.

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler