Ideas on How to get a Machine not running MacOS to have iMessage?

Note: I know people are going to say this is against the community standards because hackintosh and stuff. Read the bottom, I'll have an explanation of why, even though this is close to the rule boundaries, doesn't actually violate the community standards.

I'm currently attempting to be able to send iMessage messages over android. I've already tested and made sure I can actually do this by setting it up on a Mac, and it works. However, the server basically works by taking messages my phone sends and re sending them in the server, which requires an always on machine running macos.

Say I have an Apple machine but for some super weird reason I don't have macos on it but Linux instead. How could I potentially be able to run iMessage on it, inside macos? I know obviously this requires a virtual machine, so really my question is how could I get s macos virtual machine on this definitely Apple made machine inside Linux that can still send and receive iMessages?

It seems like VMware supports iMessage stuff, but I've been having trouble setting it up. I'm currently trying virtual box but I'm getting issues just having macos even boot up. Does anyone have any ideas?

this doesn't go against the community standards because it is legal to run macos inside a vm on Apple hardware, so assuming this computer is from Apple this is perfectly fine.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

does PushBullet work on iphones? with imessage?
give that a try

i use pushbullet for my android phone and from my pc im able to text and reply to hangouts with no issues

https://www.pushbullet.com/

Photography / Finance / Gaming

4 minutes ago, mok said:

does PushBullet work on iphones? with imessage?
give that a try

i use pushbullet for my android phone and from my pc im able to text and reply to hangouts with no issues

https://www.pushbullet.com/

Problem is that that's only for android and SMS, but iOS and iMessage :/ 

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Spoiler

21 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

Problem is that that's only for android and SMS, but iOS and iMessage :/ 

have you tried it?

pushbullet is on the app store 

or did you mean that on iOS its only working for regular sms

Photography / Finance / Gaming

1 hour ago, mok said:

have you tried it?

pushbullet is on the app store 

or did you mean that on iOS its only working for regular sms

The iOS version doesn't work for sending SMS and stuff, the iOS pushbullet is only for sharing links, files, etc.

This is understandable as iOS doesn't allow for changing default apps and stuff, so it's not really possible to have a third party SMS app without jail breaking iirc.

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

• 4 weeks later...

I would say that just running a virtual machine with low RAM and CPU usage would be your best bet. Even if you could get PushBullet working, the issue with it is that there is a message limit before you have to pay for a pro edition.

You might want to consider doing it the other way around. Get your Linux as a Parallels VM in macOS.

The issue is, that a virtualised instance of macOS is not guaranteed to even get iMessage working. It's not something that always works as long as you have the OS installed. The technology behind is is a tad more complicated. Apple's servers can't see that your VM is on a Mac since the hardware profile (SMBIOS) is different.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

4 hours ago, NelizMastr said:

You might want to consider doing it the other way around. Get your Linux as a Parallels VM in macOS.

The issue is, that a virtualised instance of macOS is not guaranteed to even get iMessage working. It's not something that always works as long as you have the OS installed. The technology behind is is a tad more complicated. Apple's servers can't see that your VM is on a Mac since the hardware profile (SMBIOS) is different.

The thing is, that's not exactly the thing I'm trying to accomplish.

Reread what I said, and see if you can understand what my goal is, keeping in mind that this is a rule on the forum.

Talking about piracy in general, broad details, is acceptable however the posting or discussing pirated/hacked/cracked or otherwise nefariously obtained content is not. This includes Windows content, games, hackintosh, etc. Also discussions regarding ways to avoid or block legitimately installed monitoring/tracking software or the like is also not allowed.

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

You can get macOS working in a VMWare virtual machine with unofficial patches. As far as I know, those patches are legal although not supported by VMWare - all they do is enable macOS guest compatibility, which is usually switched off outside of their macOS specific hypervisor software. If I recall correctly they also work with the free version.

To install the OS from scratch you need to follow a process similar to a hackintosh, which is pretty tedious, so I would recommend looking for existing images online (which as far as I know is legal if you'll use them on a mac).

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 hour ago, Sauron said:

You can get macOS working in a VMWare virtual machine with unofficial patches. As far as I know, those patches are legal although not supported by VMWare - all they do is enable macOS guest compatibility, which is usually switched off outside of their macOS specific hypervisor software. If I recall correctly they also work with the free version.

To install the OS from scratch you need to follow a process similar to a hackintosh, which is pretty tedious, so I would recommend looking for existing images online (which as far as I know is legal if you'll use them on a mac).

Yeah that's what I'm doing.

The thing is, I'm having this weird thing where it'll work if the base OS is Windows but it just stops working if the base OS is linux.

Maybe I have to update to Debian 9, I'll probably try doing that soon.

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

1 minute ago, DocSwag said:

Yeah that's what I'm doing.

The thing is, I'm having this weird thing where it'll work if the base OS is Windows but it just stops working if the base OS is linux.

Maybe I have to update to Debian 9, I'll probably try doing that soon.

Check for any errors the patch might give you in the command line, sometimes it's something really stupid ruining the process.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*