Mic for headphones.

Austin Powers

Anyway, I need a good mic for headphone that can get someone's voice ranging 13 to 15ft. Something like my ear can hear them in the same distance as my mic. Also, is there any way I can get them as output audio through my speaker? I would like to hear the outside sounds since I'm using closed headphones. People will think I'm deaf or something because they never heard of opened and closed headphones before. Reason why I'm doing this is because sometimes someone shout at the back at the kitchen, they think I'm deaf. I also like to tell them one day and explain how closed headphones works so they can talk behind me but didn't realize my mic is helping me to play their voice while recording.

EDIT : Budget I'll keep below $40. Removed my story.

I'm not really sure what you're getting at, you should probably leave your personal issues out of it though.

Your brain has the ability to drown out all the noise around you when listening to far-away sound. Microphones do not, especially not $40 microphones. Buy some open headphones instead of this jury rigging you're attempting.