Microsoft Edge arrives (in beta) to Android and iOS devices - Sync between PC and Phone, "Continue on PC" feature, and more.

GoodBytes
Just now, LAwLz said:

I am 99% sure that Microsoft doesn't allow third party browser engines on Windows mobile, which would explain why it ID itself as Edge.

The speed difference you might feel is probably caching, or placebo.

So then why the different HTML5 score?

Also I just ran pacekeeper. Different scores again.

Edge: 576

This browser: 762

Screenshots of scores can be made available

5 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Why doesn't Edge on Android use a port of EdgeHTML?

I can't imagine it would have been difficult to do.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

12 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Ehm... Not sure what HTML5 test you did but the one at html5test.com tops out at 555 points.

Also, are you testing the Windows Mobile versions or desktop versions?

6 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

I can only think of two reasons.

1) Microsoft don't feel like putting in the time and effort necessary to port it to Android.

2) Microsoft thinks that Blink is better.

Maybe it's a combination of both.

3 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

I explained already.. well.. based on my analysis... take it for what is worth, why I think that is the case.

It is probably because they wanted to release something as soon as possible and reduce cost. The other components are prop. from Microsoft.

6 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Ehm... Not sure what HTML5 test you did but the one at html5test.com tops out at 555 points.

Huh? Scores from benchmark is from here:

http://peacekeeper.futuremark.com/

HTML5 scores mentioned on my other post are measured here:

https://html5test.com/

Again:

HTML 5 Test

• Edge: 463
  • CoqCoq Browser: 452

Furmark Peacekeeper:

• Edge: 576
  • CoqCoq Browser: 762

All I can think is that CoqCoq Browser did things to by pass Microsoft quick check on that policy. They probably figured that they only look at the returned user agent. Or simply they used Edge for website compatibility, or both. That.. or Microsoft made a different "Edge" that applications can use that doesn't have the latest HTML5 support, but better performance, and kept it hidden from everyone.

Also, are you testing the Windows Mobile versions or desktop versions?

Mobile version of both web browser. CoqCoq Browser and Edge.

Using Windows 10 Mobile Build 15252 on Lumia 950 XL

25 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Oh I see. That's not a HTML5 test. That's just a HTML based benchmark (which I think uses HTML5 in some tests but not all).

The same engine can get different scores for various reasons, so I wouldn't say that's evidence that one is based on Chromium and the other is Edge.

25 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

All I can think is that CoqCoq Browser did things to by pass Microsoft quick check on that policy. They probably figured that they only look at the returned user agent. Or simply they used Edge for website compatibility, or both. That.. or Microsoft made a different "Edge" that applications can use that doesn't have the latest HTML5 support, but better performance, and kept it hidden from everyone.

If that HTML5 test is anything to go by, CoqCoq is not based on Chromium. Chromium should get a significantly higher score than that (somewhere around 520).

Not sure why you get different scores, but it does not seem like CoqCoq is based on Chromium.

Edit:

Just realized something. Those Peacekeeper scores are really low.

My LG G4 got a score of 1351, and that's with half the big cores as your Lumia.

33 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Oh I see. That's not a HTML5 test. That's just a HTML based benchmark (which I think uses HTML5 in some tests but not all).

The same engine can get different scores for various reasons, so I wouldn't say that's evidence that one is based on Chromium and the other is Edge.

If that HTML5 test is anything to go by, CoqCoq is not based on Chromium. Chromium should get a significantly higher score than that (somewhere around 520).

Not sure why you get different scores, but it does not seem like CoqCoq is based on Chromium.

Edit:

Just realized something. Those Peacekeeper scores are really low.

My LG G4 got a score of 1351, and that's with half the big cores as your Lumia.

I think you are actually correct. The forum has a bug with Edge mobile, and I can replicate with CoqCoq Browser. I was fooled.

As for the performance scores.. you are correct. No idea why. Must be Edge on mobile doing some power saving stuff, as performance is fine in normal browsing. With those low scores, it should be quite slow.

Excellent, Edge is probably the best browser atm.

WS: 13900K - 128GB - 6.5TB SSD - RTX 3090 24GB - 42" LG OLED C2  - W11 Pro
LAPTOP: Lenovo Gaming 3 - 8GB - 512GB SSD - GTX 1650

NAS 1: HP MicroServer Gen8 - 32TB - FreeNAS

NAS 2: 10400F - 44TB - FreeNAS