Windows installed on hdd and sdd :( (closed)

So yesterday I was trying to fix my optical drive and messed up some registry setting soo I got blue screen soo I decided to reinstall Windows, the computer now works but installed the old and new Windows on hdd and ssd I know weird it does boot from the hdd it also changed the hdd to c and ssd to d now I have program files on hdd and add and Windows on hdd and ssd. I want to remove the Windows on hdd and make it work on the sdd and delete the program files and Windows from the hdd and the old Windows from the sdd thank you 

here are some pictures so you understand better 

https://m.imgur.com/a/9xaCS

btw its a laptop 

Don't care about the files? Boot from a windows bootable USB drive and nuke both drives, and install windows on the SSD.

Current LTT F@H Rank: 90    Score: 2,503,680,659    Stats

Yes, I have 9 monitors.

My main PC (Hybrid Windows 10/Arch Linux):

OS: Arch Linux w/ XFCE DE (VFIO-Patched Kernel) as host OS, windows 10 as guest

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X w/PBO on (6c 12t for host, 6c 12t for guest)

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

Mobo: Asus X470-F Gaming

RAM: 32GB G-Skill Ripjaws V @ 3200MHz (12GB for host, 20GB for guest)

GPU: Guest: EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ULTRA Host: 2x Radeon HD 8470

PSU: EVGA G2 650W

SSDs: Guest: Samsung 850 evo 120 GB, Samsung 860 evo 1TB Host: Samsung 970 evo 500GB NVME

HDD: Guest: WD Caviar Blue 1 TB

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Black w/ Tempered Glass Side Panel Upgrade

Other: White LED strip to illuminate the interior. Extra fractal intake fan for positive pressure.

unRAID server (Plex, Windows 10 VM, NAS, Duplicati, game servers):

CPU: Ryzen R7 2700x @ Stock

Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S

Mobo: Asus Prime X470-Pro

RAM: 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V + 16GB Hyperx Fury Black @ stock

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA G3 850W

SSD: Samsung 970 evo NVME 250GB, Samsung 860 evo SATA 1TB 

HDDs: 4x HGST Dekstar NAS 4TB @ 7200RPM (3 data, 1 parity)

Case: Sillverstone GD08B

Other: Added 3x Noctua NF-F12 intake, 2x Noctua NF-A8 exhaust, Inatek 5 port USB 3.0 expansion card with usb 3.0 front panel header

Details: 12GB ram, GTX 1080, USB card passed through to windows 10 VM. VM's OS drive is the SATA SSD. Rest of resources are for Plex, Duplicati, Spaghettidetective, Nextcloud, and game servers.

1) move everything you want to keep onto HDD

2) unplug everything except SSD

3) clean install windows, make sure to delete all the partitions https://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/

4) after installing windows and all your programs and updates, turn the PC off and plug in the HDD.

5) go to your BIOS and make sure your SSD is the only thing on the boot priority list

6) boot into windows, it should be booted to your SSD which you just clean installed

7) move the files+documents you want to keep from the HDD to the SSD

8) go to disk management and delete all the partitions on the HDD, then right click and create a "new simple volume"

9) now you can move any files you want back to the clean HDD

10) you're done.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

5 minutes ago, sazrocks said:

Don't care about the files? Boot from a windows bootable USB drive and nuke both drives, and install windows on the SSD.

5 minutes ago, sazrocks said:

Well that last resort as installing everything back would take days I do have a question can I back up my games to my portable hdd or do I have to  just redwoods them I'll probably nuke my folders later as my pc is full of trash files 

8 minutes ago, Enderman said:

3) clean install windows, make sure to delete all the partitions https://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/

4) after installing windows and all your programs and updates, turn the PC off and plug in the HDD.

5) go to your BIOS and make sure your SSD is the only thing on the boot priority list

6) boot into windows, it should be booted to your SSD which you just clean installed

8) go to disk management and delete all the partitions on the HDD, then right click and create a "new simple volume"

10) you're done.

Laptop can't remove them :( 

2 minutes ago, gabrielvis8 said:

Well that last resort as installing everything back would take days I do have a question can I back up my games to my portable hdd or do I have to  just redwoods them I'll probably nuke my folders later as my pc is full of trash files 

Btw when I was reinstalling Windows it never let me choose where to install it soo it's probably gonna install it on the ssd and hdd again

3 minutes ago, gabrielvis8 said:

Laptop can't remove them

i mean you could 

14 minutes ago, gabrielvis8 said:

Btw when I was reinstalling Windows it never let me choose where to install it soo it's probably gonna install it on the ssd and hdd again

It should

Current LTT F@H Rank: 90    Score: 2,503,680,659    Stats

Yes, I have 9 monitors.

My main PC (Hybrid Windows 10/Arch Linux):

OS: Arch Linux w/ XFCE DE (VFIO-Patched Kernel) as host OS, windows 10 as guest

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X w/PBO on (6c 12t for host, 6c 12t for guest)

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

Mobo: Asus X470-F Gaming

RAM: 32GB G-Skill Ripjaws V @ 3200MHz (12GB for host, 20GB for guest)

GPU: Guest: EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ULTRA Host: 2x Radeon HD 8470

PSU: EVGA G2 650W

SSDs: Guest: Samsung 850 evo 120 GB, Samsung 860 evo 1TB Host: Samsung 970 evo 500GB NVME

HDD: Guest: WD Caviar Blue 1 TB

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Black w/ Tempered Glass Side Panel Upgrade

Other: White LED strip to illuminate the interior. Extra fractal intake fan for positive pressure.

unRAID server (Plex, Windows 10 VM, NAS, Duplicati, game servers):

CPU: Ryzen R7 2700x @ Stock

Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S

Mobo: Asus Prime X470-Pro

RAM: 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V + 16GB Hyperx Fury Black @ stock

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA G3 850W

SSD: Samsung 970 evo NVME 250GB, Samsung 860 evo SATA 1TB 

HDDs: 4x HGST Dekstar NAS 4TB @ 7200RPM (3 data, 1 parity)

Case: Sillverstone GD08B

Other: Added 3x Noctua NF-F12 intake, 2x Noctua NF-A8 exhaust, Inatek 5 port USB 3.0 expansion card with usb 3.0 front panel header

Details: 12GB ram, GTX 1080, USB card passed through to windows 10 VM. VM's OS drive is the SATA SSD. Rest of resources are for Plex, Duplicati, Spaghettidetective, Nextcloud, and game servers.

17 minutes ago, gabrielvis8 said:

Laptop can't remove them :( 

Yes you can, look up a guide for how to open your laptop on google.

16 minutes ago, gabrielvis8 said:

Yes it does, at this screen.

Image result for windows partitions

It's still better to remove all other drives except the OS drive when installing.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Can you restart and select SSD as your boot device?

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

35 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Yes you can, look up a guide for how to open your laptop on google.

Yes it does, at this screen.

Image result for windows partitions

It's still better to remove all other drives except the OS drive when installing.

It's. Hassle but I'll remove my hdd wish i didn't have to open my laptop don't want to break anymore stuff 

8 hours ago, Enderman said:

10) you're done.

Can you truly back up games ?

2 hours ago, gabrielvis8 said:

Can you truly back up games ?

Depends on the game.

If it was installed through a launcher such as steam or battlenet or something then you can move the game, just not the launcher.

Spoiler

11 hours ago, Enderman said:

Depends on the game.

If it was installed through a launcher such as steam or battlenet or something then you can move the game, just not the launcher.

omg nice since the only game i play is overwatch 

Update I reset my pc removed all the field soo everything is ok now