HP wants you to know that they're still going to produce their flagship Windows 10 Phone through 2019

AlTech
4 hours ago, LAwLz said:

If anything, the lack of new phones running WP makes it clearly the inferior platform when it comes to buying budget phones today.

Well of course, the lack of WP makes it inferior full stop.  Not only have I already explained that, but given many plausible reasons as to why.  However this does not change the fact that I did not find anything inherently wrong with the OS. 

The 2 WP phones I have had were the 530 dual sim ($99), the 550 ($199) and the Androids were HTC 510 ($140, ZTE buzz ($99), moto G4 play ($199) and alcatel mpop($50).  This is over 3 years.   I really don't care how much you want to convince me that wp is shit beyond shit, the fact is the 530 still didn't funk out on me like all the androids I have used (except the G4),  and the 550 performed equally as well as the similarly priced androids without needing to be restarted.  

I don't think it would matter though how qualified my opinions are, it seems you're more interested in announcing how shit the phone is than accepting some people actually prefer it and have had better experiences with it.   I can't think of any other reason why you would keep posting reasons why it is inferior when the only discussion here is almost purely subjective.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

22 minutes ago, mr moose said:

However this does not change the fact that I did not find anything inherently wrong with the OS. 

And I have never tried to argue against that. If you think it is good then good for you. I even said that while it has drawbacks, how severe those drawbacks are is entirely subjective. Some people might not care.

25 minutes ago, mr moose said:

The 2 WP phones I have had were the 530 dual sim ($99), the 550 ($199) and the Androids were HTC 510 ($140, ZTE buzz ($99), moto G4 play ($199) and alcatel mpop($50).  This is over 3 years.   I really don't care how much you want to convince me that wp is shit beyond shit, the fact is the 530 still didn't funk out on me like all the androids I have used (except the G4),  and the 550 performed equally as well as the similarly priced androids without needing to be restarted.  

Well that's the thing. There are a ton of bad Android phones out there, especially at the low end. But to generalize Android based on low end phones from ~3 years ago is not really a good idea. That's what I am objecting to.

Also, all of a sudden you changed from "Windows Phone performs better" to "it performed equally well to similarly priced Android phones". That's a pretty big difference.

28 minutes ago, mr moose said:

I don't think it would matter though how qualified my opinions are, it seems you're more interested in announcing how shit the phone is than accepting some people actually prefer it and have had better experiences with it.   I can't think of any other reason why you would keep posting reasons why it is inferior when the only discussion here is almost purely subjective.

If you go back and look at this thread I think you will find that I have never rejected the idea that you have had a better experience with WP than with Android. I fully believe that, and I completely understand it. What I disagree with is your rational for it. If you like WP then fine, I can't really argue against that. What I can argue against are the (false) ideas that WP is somehow more optimized than Android, or that Android performs worse at similar price ranges, or other things you have said.

It is OK to like something without justifying it. What is not OK is to start telling others how much better the thing you like is and then come up with inaccurate reasons for why it is better.

You started this entire conversation by saying that WP performs like an iPhone at half the price, and that the only problem with WP was a lack of app support.

As soon as I replied (in a calm and civilized manner) saying that it didn't perform like an iPhone, and that it used to have a very long list of missing OS features you got extremely defensive and tried to spin it into me saying nobody is allowed to like WP. You are allowed to like it, just don't make bullshit excuses for why it is better than Android or iOS.

5 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

snip...

It is OK to like something without justifying it. What is not OK is to start telling others how much better the thing you like is and then come up with inaccurate reasons for why it is better.

Personally I believe all opinions should be qualified, even if that qualification is simply insubstantial preference, however I don't think my reasoning is inaccurate.

My very first post actually qualifies my reasoning:

Not only is the GUI to my personal preference but on a dollar per clunk graph Android quickly becomes expensive while WP starts performing like an iphone at half the price.

I have taken the liberty of highlighting the qualifiers.  Just in case you missed them. I in no way said they were equals on any other score.  Speed being something I don't really care about where as a crash or restart is.

5 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

You are allowed to like it, just don't make bullshit excuses for why it is better than Android or iOS

Yes I found the cheaper WP to perform more like the iphones and the androids to be more clunky.  This concept simply grinds you the wrong way however it doesn't make it Bullshit.   I find it quite I ironic that you are the one claiming to be calm whilst also being the only one accusing me of being "extremely defensive" and giving "bullshit excuses".  Especially since I have qualified everything as my experience not some inarguable fact.    

I really don't know what else to say, you just seem to be angry that I have a different  experience.  Either way I will not lose sleep over it.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

@AluminiumTechYou might want to add this to the post.

HP has decided to abandon Windows 10 Mobile. The X3 will be their last phone running Windows.

HP are saying that they are abandoning (not committed like you said) because Microsoft's support and development of the platform and ecosystem is lacking, and HP doesn't feel like it is either responsibility.

1 hour ago, LAwLz said:

@AluminiumTechYou might want to add this to the post.

HP has decided to abandon Windows 10 Mobile. The X3 will be their last phone running Windows.

HP are saying that they are abandoning (not committed like you said) because Microsoft's support and development of the platform and ecosystem is lacking, and HP doesn't feel like it is either responsibility.

HP simply can't stop getting burnt onthe smortphone business, i mean first it was WebOS, now this. Welp... hopefully they'll jump on the PureOS bandwagon next

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

1 minute ago, suicidalfranco said:

Welp... hopefully they'll jump on the PureOS bandwagon next

Only to be burned again? Would be neat to have more adoption of that OS but I don't expect much. I mean if PureOS did take off, then HP would be an early adopter so some bonus points there.