DAN C4-SFX: A water & air cooled SFF case

dondan
Message added by LinusTech

Plz don't close this thread.

Front panel on the top side or rigth side?

This is the next big question!

I need your help once again for some design questions that will affect the outer look. Your choice will have a direct impact on the final product.

test.211_1200zxri8.jpg
(4K view)

Link to survey:
Google Forms Survey

Thank you for your help!

18 hours ago, dondan said:

Front panel on the top side or rigth side?

I personally voted right side, because you can just flip the case and have it on the left side as well! Even though the top version does look a lot cleaner...

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019--- Rainbow 馃 2020---Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---Blue Build Post---Blue Build Post 2018---Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k聽聽 聽MotherboardGigabyte Z97N-WIFI聽 聽聽RAMG.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz聽聽 聽GPUEVGA GTX1080Ti聽FTW3聽 聽聽CaseCorsair 380T聽 聽

StorageSamsung EVO 250GB,聽Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB,聽WD Black 5TB聽聽 聽PSUCorsair CX750M聽 聽聽CoolingCryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

I prefer the top, in looks and usability

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

Tomorrow I will restart the last poll with three options:

test2.214_1200ruo5g.jpg

test2.215_1200m6ju6.jpg

(click for 4K)

A special thank to AlMiDaX for the idea on the new option.

The new side I/O option is much more appealing now.聽:)

I have a cue聽light I can use to show you when I鈥檓 joking, if you like.

I'm not a small case fan but i do like the 3rd io option best with the top in 2nd.The old side the thick band of cooler looks kinda off to me some how.

Survey three reloaded!

Hi there,

this is the third survey for the C4-SFX again. I restarted the old one, because I included a new option and a new voting mechanism. In this survey you will be able to give every design a score. 3 points will be the highest score while 1 is the lowest. The advantage of this mechanism is, that I will also respect your opinion about the other options.

blan2kd3.jpg

Link to survey:
Google Forms Survey

Thank you for your help!

They all look amazing, but if newegg or amazon had all three for sale and I had my choice I would buy the case with the top IO for easiest access. But I'd still buy any of the three if only one was available when I go mini ITX on my next full build (probably not for 2-3 years though).

I'm definitely a fan of the right/left I/O with the larger uni-body panel that covers more of the frame.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

CPU i7-4790k聽聽 聽MotherboardGigabyte Z97N-WIFI聽 聽聽RAMG.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz聽聽 聽GPUEVGA GTX1080Ti聽FTW3聽 聽聽CaseCorsair 380T聽 聽

StorageSamsung EVO 250GB,聽Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB,聽WD Black 5TB聽聽 聽PSUCorsair CX750M聽 聽聽CoolingCryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

• 2 weeks later...

I wish you and your family a merry Christmas and good fortune, success and well-being in the New Year.

• 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, dondan said:

Here are the final renderings. Now I start with prototyping :)
82truk.jpg

TG version looks sharp!

I know I already commented on the sff net site, but hot diggity damn am I glad this is a thing. Can't wait to get rid of this Node 202. It was a nice stepping stone, but I'm ready for something much nicer.聽

When are you expecting first units to go out? I have cravings to upgrade my CAD box.

COMPUTER: Mobile Battlestation聽 | 聽CPU:聽INTEL I7-8700k | 聽Motherboard: Asus z370-i Strix Gaming聽 |聽GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0聽|聽Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev. b聽| 聽PSU: Corsair SF600聽| HDD: Samsung 860 evo 1tb

I like to introduce an easy way to install a watercooling solution for both CPU and GPU inside the C4:

Alphacool Eibaer LT

radih5qd3.png

Alphacool Eiswolf GPX
-available for nearly every GPU.
-if you have a last generate GPU and it isn't on the list send them your card and get a free GPU block.

gpu8hpwp.png

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to shift the GPU placement to聽the back of the mobo? This way it would allow taller聽waterblocks like the Kraken X52 to fit in

Will it be possible to fit at least one 3.5" HDD? I kinda want to have a 10TB HDD just for mass storage and don't want to rely on external drives. (i'm too lazy to do a nas)
Looking forward for that case since i want to down size and thinking on making a custom loop inside of it

On 10/13/2017 at 7:28 AM, dondan said:

The fan question!

I am thinking making a special edition of this case with two preinstalled 2x 120x120x25mm fans.聽
So there will be one version without fans and a second version with fans.
Do you have a prefered fan that I should consider?

gmx-fan-rgb12-08jeks4.jpg

Maglevs from corsair.聽 Worth the $$$.

18 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Not because Linus is in love with Noctua it means they are better at fans.聽 If you have used a maglev (and that is all I use since they came out) you know the much better performance and acoustics that it delivers.

On 10.3.2018 at 5:55 AM, nerdyboy98 said:

Is it possible to shift the GPU placement to聽the back of the mobo? This way it would allow taller聽waterblocks like the Kraken X52 to fit in

It will also fit in the current version. (X52 pump height = 52mm | Max height = 64mm)

On 12.3.2018 at 1:42 AM, mosin40 said:

Will it be possible to fit at least one 3.5" HDD? I kinda want to have a 10TB HDD just for mass storage and don't want to rely on external drives. (i'm too lazy to do a nas)
Looking forward for that case since i want to down size and thinking on making a custom loop inside of it

Sorry a 3.5" drive will not fit. You can fit 3 x 2.5" drives + M.2 SSD on board. So you can fit 3x 4TB = 12TB & 2TB M.2 = 14TB.

On 13.3.2018 at 9:41 AM, THE_maverick said:

Maglevs from corsair.聽 Worth the $$$.

Sorry this was an old survey, I made the decision to not include fans because every customer has a different opinion about what is the perfect fan.

5 hours ago, dondan said:

It will also fit in the current version. (X52 pump height = 52mm | Max height = 64mm)

Sorry a 3.5" drive will not fit. You can fit 3 x 2.5" drives + M.2 SSD on board. So you can fit 3x 4TB = 12TB & 2TB M.2 = 14TB.

Sorry this was an old survey, I made the decision to not include fans because every customer has a different opinion about what is the perfect fan.

Any idea when the kickstarter or pre-ordering will begin?聽 聽I want to make sure I get the super-ultra-mega-early bird pricing.聽 Thank you!

6 hours ago, dondan said:

Oh i see, still 4TB SSD are expensive af, unless i do three 2TB 2.5" HDDs and raid0 them.

hmmm looking for a case for when I move abroad to Japan from the US. want to be able to fit my 8700k + 1080 Ti. this is a tempting choice.聽