Does throwing my phone on the bed/couch hurt it?

Prob every1 does this , but i'll ask anyway , does my phone get hurt (internally) when i throw it on my bed or couch? overall to soft things?

No. My iPhone 6 Plus works fine. thrown it on bass, couches, got mad and tossed to across the lounge carpet, etc. Even dropped in on concrete multiple times. I use a DBrand skin and glass screen protector, and so far it's a good combo (did have to bend the corner back with pliers to get the screen to sit flush when I accidentally drop kicked it on a parking lot). And iPhone 6s are famous for bending and not being very durable. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Just now, Zando Bob said:

No. My iPhone 6 Plus works fine. thrown it on bass, couches, got mad and tossed to across the lounge carpet, etc. Even dropped in on concrete multiple times. I use a DBrand skin and glass screen protector, and so far it's a good combo (did have to bend the corner back with pliers to get the screen to sit flush when I accidentally drop kicked it on a parking lot). And iPhone 6s are famous for bending and not being very durable. 

is that an outright YES? 

1 minute ago, Zando Bob said:

(Yes , it doesnt hurt it ;) )

Just now, GirvanaWantsBinnieBalls said:

is that an outright YES? 

? It's a yes to no, it will not hurt it. Or a no to will it hurt it, which is the same as the aforementioned yes. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

If it's moving towards it with enough velocity to where it penetrates the bed or couch and goes into the wall or floor behind/below it then yes.

Otherwise no.

5 minutes ago, GirvanaWantsBinnieBalls said:

(Yes , it doesnt hurt it ;) )

i throw my phone on the table, 2meters away from the couch ( throwing at it ) it smashes against the wall ect, never had a scratch

however it depends on the buildquality of a phone and if u have a screenprotector ect ( hardened glass is best, but if the protector is harder then ur actual phone screen the phonescreen will break instead, u want the protector to break :v )

simple said if the buildquality is poor and the thing is fragile af u can still throw it on soft stuff but i wouldnt recommend throwing it at hard stuff :v

some phones are built for this stuff tho and u can throw em against brikcs and they wont scratch :D

(◑‿◐)

Just now, Windows7ge said:

If it's moving towards it with enough velocity to where it penetrates the bed or couch and goes into the wall or floor behind/below it then yes.

Otherwise no.

Well i usually extinuish it with a rocket bec u know... beds are too far from doors , and it usually bounces off and hits my window... and the glass breaks :/ (the windows ... which is the reason i turned into mac )

3 minutes ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

i throw my phone on the table, 2meters away from the couch ( throwing at it ) it smashes against the wall ect, never had a scratch

however it depends on the buildquality of a phone and if u have a screenprotector ect ( hardened glass is best, but if the protector is harder then ur actual phone screen the phonescreen will break instead, u want the protector to break :v )

simple said if the buildquality is poor and the thing is fragile af u can still throw it on soft stuff but i wouldnt recommend throwing it at hard stuff :v

some phones are built for this stuff tho and u can throw em against brikcs and they wont scratch :D

what kind of animal throws his phone to a table?

Why would you ever do that though?  What reason could there possibly be?  Are you saving time?  I doubt it.  Is it something I haven't thought of?  Taking out rage perhaps?  Just get a stress ball.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

3 minutes ago, GirvanaWantsBinnieBalls said:

what kind of animal throws his phone to a table?

well some ppl dont have their lives on their phones and dont give a damn about a friggen phone :P its just a stupid device to call and text a lil bit man i can do that on my pc aswell and i rarely have to call :D lol

pst i take care of my psvita like itsa baby for example, but the phone can fly against the wall :D haha

(◑‿◐)

Just now, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

well some ppl dont have their lives on their phones and dont give a damn about a friggen phone :P its just a stupid device to call and text a lil bit man i can do that on my pc aswell and i rarely have to call :D lol

no matter how u use the phone , its a freakin device... would u throw ur television or fridge 2 meters away on a table? prob not...

Just now, GirvanaWantsBinnieBalls said:

no matter how u use the phone , its a freakin device... would u throw ur television or fridge 2 meters away on a table? prob not...

Rather expensive one at that. $1k for my 6s 128 gb a couple years ago still makes me refrain from any damage whatsoever xD

Ryzen 9 3950x - 64 GB DDR4 - NVME 980 pro SSD - EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Ultra - FAD CASE

Full custom loop / links below out of date

LTT Build Log | PCPP Build Log

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry if I stop responding, I've probably gotten busy as I mostly am only on here while working.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

2 minutes ago, GirvanaWantsBinnieBalls said:

i do that to my headset too, if buildquality is fine and i know it wont really break i just throw it around when i get home after a heavy day :D , u know those days when udont wanna do shit anymore right :D thatts when i do it

besides its one of those impossible to break phones

remember what they did with the 3310? :D they threw them on purpose

(◑‿◐)

The productivity of people in this post drives me nuts in a very amusing way... Im seeking for an answear ( surely a stupid one for most) and they just make fun of it... i mean yeah ok i laugh at these posts but what if it did dmg the damn phone???

Im not saying u shouldnt make fun of me/this post but dont get away from the question ... atleast not too much away 

2 minutes ago, GirvanaWantsBinnieBalls said:

The productivity of people in this post drives me nuts in a very amusing way... Im seeking for an answear ( surely a stupid one for most) and they just make fun of it... i mean yeah ok i laugh at these posts but what if it did dmg the damn phone???

Im not saying u shouldnt make fun of me/this post but dont get away from the question ... atleast not too much away 

am actually serious it isnt to laugh at u, what im saying is if u have one of these phones that wont break or get a dent/scratch if u smash it ect, u shouldnt worry even hitting a wall

however with an extreme fragile phone i would worry throwing it only on hard stuff ( soft stuff is never really an issue )

(◑‿◐)

1 minute ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

i do that to my headset too, if buildquality is fine and i know it wont really break i just throw it around when i get home after a heavy day :D , u know those days when udont wanna do shit anymore right :D thatts when i do it

besides its one of those impossible to break phones

remember what they did with the 3310? :D they threw them on purpose

ur comparing nokias to smartphones ... a pile of sht to oranges ... u know math ;) 

1 minute ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

am actually serious it isnt to laugh at u, what im saying is if u have one of these phones that wont break or get a dent/scratch if u smash it ect, u shouldnt worry even hitting a wall

however with an extreme fragile phone i would worry throwing it only on hard stuff ( soft stuff is never really an issue )

no man im just asking for beds and dem couches ... i got my answear thnx pal

8 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Why would you ever do that though?  What reason could there possibly be?  Are you saving time?  I doubt it.  Is it something I haven't thought of?  Taking out rage perhaps?  Just get a stress ball.

Saves time... duh! 

Walking apprx 1-1.5 meters (3-5 feet) and letting ur phone ( not throwing it from 10 cm height) to the bed/couch can save u atleast 3 seconds of ur life and also answear to the question , why bother when i can just throw it ... i mean , its a bed! pillows matresses and stuff...

5 minutes ago, GirvanaWantsBinnieBalls said:

ur comparing nokias to smartphones ... a pile of sht to oranges ... u know math ;) 

google around, theres plenty of smartphones based on build quality :o

tbh i also think the price is an factor... i wouldnt throw an 600buck phone lol :D with a 100buck phone why not

(◑‿◐)

Just now, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

google around, theres plenty of smartphones based on build quality :o

tbh i also think the price is an factor... i wouldnt throw an 600buck phone lol :D with a 100buck phone why not

100 dollars/eur phone is still not worth throwing to a wall... i can find u some pretty damn good phones at the 100-150 range of prices that rock grass

1 minute ago, GirvanaWantsBinnieBalls said:

100 dollars/eur phone is still not worth throwing to a wall... i can find u some pretty damn good phones at the 100-150 range of prices that rock grass

ahh ya , another example

got a huawei p8 phone... had to use it for work too... been taking care of it like a baby the entire time, fell a few times and no damage due to the protector then sadly one day it make a slam so hard it broke the phone screen and a protector... after that i just been throwing around the phone coz  who cares the whole screen is cracked, 10% of the screen chipped off and i gonna replace my phone in like 4-5month anyway :)  if it fully breaks im covered by my work so yeah xD if i wouldnt get a new one in 4-5 month ( like 2years or smt ) i would just buy insurance and throw it against the wall to get a new one :D

i would never throw a extreme new phone tbh , if that 100dollar/eur phone becomes 1-2years old is when i start throwing :D

(◑‿◐)

7 minutes ago, GirvanaWantsBinnieBalls said:

Saves time... duh! 

Walking apprx 1-1.5 meters (3-5 feet) and letting ur phone ( not throwing it from 10 cm height) to the bed/couch can save u atleast 3 seconds of ur life and also answear to the question , why bother when i can just throw it ... i mean , its a bed! pillows matresses and stuff...

Oh, I hadn't considered that you were throwing it to somewhere far from you.  I would have thought most people would want to keep it within arm's reach.  If you did, it really wouldn't save any time at all.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.