Does throwing my phone on the bed/couch hurt it?

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Oh, I hadn't considered that you were throwing it to somewhere far from you.  I would have thought most people would w

ant to keep it within arm's reach.  If you did, it really wouldn't save any time at all.

ur coming in the room , after a day to what ever , and u want to undress ur self up , and u just throw the phone from barely a meter away to the bed... anyway it wont hurt according to fellas in this post so have a good one !

14 minutes ago, GirvanaWantsBinnieBalls said:

Saves time... duh! 

Walking apprx 1-1.5 meters (3-5 feet) and letting ur phone ( not throwing it from 10 cm height) to the bed/couch can save u atleast 3 seconds of ur life and also answear to the question , why bother when i can just throw it ... i mean , its a bed! pillows matresses and stuff...

just remember, dont forget the bad throw factor :D , if u miss it once it gonna hit whatever is next to it, if that harms it i might not wanna throw it in that case D: unless u have a good aim like me, i can hit phones on a chair from like 4-5meter(like a frisbee) Dx however if u dont exactly hit it in the corner then it gonna be send flying atleast 1meter into the air ( any direction )

short said from all my answers

it depends on how much u value ur phone, and wether u trust its build quality ect , just dont forget if u throw it on ur bed daily ... theres always that one day u gonna miss :D

(◑‿◐)

3 minutes ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

just remember, dont forget the bad throw factor :D , if u miss it once it gonna hit whatever is next to it, if that harms it i might not wanna throw it in that case D: unless u have a good aim like me, i can hit phones on a chair from like 4-5meter(like a frisbee) Dx however if u dont exactly hit it in the corner then it gonna be send flying atleast 1meter into the air ( any direction )

short said from all my answers

it depends on how much u value ur phone, and wether u trust its build quality ect , just dont forget if u throw it on ur bed daily ... theres always that one day u gonna miss :D

Doesnt ur heart break whenever u throw ur phone to a table? i dont care how broken the glass is but doesnt it just make u sad?

Appart from the fact that u paid that son of a korean manufacturer , technology over all no matter the price , hurting it makes me go nuts... im thinking how that metal or harddrive could be used for something and u just break it... we dont have infinite resources for our phones ya know...

2 minutes ago, GirvanaWantsBinnieBalls said:

Doesnt ur heart break whenever u throw ur phone to a table? i dont care how broken the glass is but doesnt it just make u sad?

Appart from the fact that u paid that son of a korean manufacturer , technology over all no matter the price , hurting it makes me go nuts... im thinking how that metal or harddrive could be used for something and u just break it... we dont have infinite resources for our phones ya know...

short said, no because i use my phone only as a flashlight and browsing some shit when im on the bed ( got a tablet too for that )

once again i would rage as shit if id break a galaxy s8 for exampl xD

also to me if a phone cracks its screen it just reduced its value ALOT, because i dont wanna spendm oney to repair it and even 1 dead pixel can drive me nuts :P

a metal hdd is actually 20x more fragile then a phone :v drop that thing once and its usually toast due to all the moving mechanics inside

on teh other hand i wouldnt mind throwing my ssds like my old phone :D

to me technology is worthless, my girlfriend and the ppl i love are wht makes me happy and not technology, id still be happy with a friggen skateboard or smt :)

(◑‿◐)

No.

A couch and a bed are soft surfaces. Unless the phone bounces off it and lands straight on the floor, no damage will be inflicted at all. 

I tossed my old phones on beds and couches once they're retired as my daily drivers. They still work perfectly fine today.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1