VGA to HDMI help and questions

SneakingPillow

So, i have a Xbone (Sadly not part of the PC master race) And I have a DELL U2312HM with a 1920x1080 Pixel Resolution 23" LCD Display. I am wondering if i can get a VGA to HDMI cable and if it would work better than my 4 or 5 year old Plasma screen TV. As it is i'm pretty competitive with Battlefield 1, and relying on Destiny 2 to de-stress myself. Would this be an acceptable way to play on a monitor? would it be better than my TV with a 720P HD resolution with a screen size of 42"?

On another note, with both my local Source and Phoenix computers it would cost about anywhere from $44 to around $90. If this is over priced or about the average, it would be good to know. 

Thank you for any response about this.

It would be better to use an HDMI to DVI-D cable, since converting to analog from digital (VGA is analog, HDMI is digital) is sometimes not beneficial to the quality.

Also, don't get cables from big box stores. Cables, adapters and that sort of stuff is what they make the most money on. Just get an adapter/cable from eBay or Amazon.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Okay, the problem is most places don't accept Debit (Unless it's American, which I'm Canadian) so I may need to get ripped off. Also from your post DVI-D is Digital?

Like Minibois suggests go for a HDMI to DVI cable but keep in mind that you lose audio if you plan to connect your headphones/speakers to your monitor since DVI does only provide video. If your screen has a Display Port input like a quick google search told me,  you shouldd maybe get a  HDMI to Display port cable if you need to get sound also and your not using some wireless headset for the Xbox.

Your monitor has DVI and VGA connectors.

VGA is analogue.

HDMI is digital, and very similar to DVI, so you can simply buy cheap adapters which have no loss of quality, think of them like just re-arranging the wires in the way the new connector expects them to be, without any processing, conversion etc

You can also buy cables that have one DVI connector on one end and HDMI on the other end.

You'll get the best quality if you keep everything digital, so you should really aim for using the HDMI connector on your XBOX and your DVI connector on your monitor.

Here's an example : https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882021060

You plug this in the back of your monitor and it changes your DVI connector to a HDMI female connector, so you can use a simple HDMI cable between your Xbox and your monitor.

Or you can have something like this : https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA98C4MY4446

You plug this in the back of your Xbox and it converts your HDMI to DVI and then you can use a DVI cable between the two.

Or you can go directly for a HDMI - DVI cable : https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882422118

Check newegg.CA and see their prices, check Amazon Canada, or check Canadian online stores or stores that sell computer components (not supermarket / mall shops that charge a lot for them)

Okay, so here is what i have for audio: I have 2 headsets; a Turtle Beach X12 using a 3.5mm  Audio and Microphone (Separate because its use was 360) with a usb to power it,

My other headset sadly needs a new TRRS jack on it, but no one sells them around here so i would need to order one online sometime.

Is there a way to get A sound and microphone jack connected to my Xbox one either through the jack on my controller or the Xbox itself? If it is possible to get to the Xbox itself then it would save on awkwardness from trying to keep the USB connected to a power source and it connected to my controller. 

Also, does a display port keep the same quality (or around) as a DVI port would, but has audio going to my monitor if i have a USB powered stereo connected to my monitor?