what am i missing or not understanding. make a pre-configured linux boot image

hello, so first and foremost, i dont use linux much on the reg. but i like messing with it. that said, im attempting to make an 'image' at least as im used to calling it with OSX/windows. i have a laptop that i have setup the way i want, and i want to know if theres a way to make that into an install itself, and just have all the programs/ setting be there once its finished installing. is there a way to do that?

main/gaming system: intel core i7 5930K, 16GB Gskill ddr4, asus X99 deluxe, 2 titan X's in SLI, corsair AX860 PSU, noctua NH-d15, samsung 512 PRO SSD, 2+3 seagate HDD's, blu-ray ODD, corsair graphite 780t.   game capture system: AMD FX 8350 BE, 16GB ram (left over parts from torn down system), asus ROG crosshair V formula-z, GTX 770 SC, avermedia live gamer HG capture card, elgato HD60 s external usb3 capture device, OCZ 700w, cryorig M9a, kingston 250GB SSD(left over part from torn down system), seagate 1TB internat HDD, seagate backup plus 5TB USB 3 extrenal drive, corsair carbide 200R.    

yes there is. This will take you some time and you have to re-do it for every new version https://help.ubuntu.com/community/InstallCDCustomization

I think what is faster for you is to ask apt to list all installed apps, and then copy this list to a new install; then copy your home folder. Your home folder has hidden files & folders that hold all your customisations.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_