Get off the UltraWide hype train already

sotiris.bos
4 minutes ago, gbergeron said:

Oh yeah, low settings 30 fps it does run 4k

Dude im talking about games form 2015. NO shit a 1050 can run every thing on ultra settings 60FPS.

Also your correct i made  a typo and mend TI not the non TI

"i reject your reality and substitute my own"

--- Workstion --- GamePc ---   

"College great Dropout Engineering"

Just now, Swealteek said:

Dude im talking about games form 2015. NO shit a 1050 can run every thing on ultra settings 60FPS.

Also your correct i made  a typo and mend TI not the non TI

Even the TI can't do it. Unless you turn everything  down to lowest setting which result probably in less good quality visuals. Whats the point to go in 4k and put evertything to LOWEST ? you will have less looking good game.

CPU: Intel i7 6700K 4.5 ghz / CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 / Board: Asus Z170-A / GPU: Asus Rog Strix GTX 1070 8GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000 mhz / SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB / PSU: Corsair RMx 850w / Case: Fractal Design Define S / Keyboard: Corsair MX Silent / Mouse: Logitech G403 / Monitor: Dell 27" TN 1ms 1440p/144hz Gsync

4 minutes ago, gbergeron said:

I've seen people buying it for larger view of the field on left and right

Yes, but you can literally do the exact same thing with a larger 16:9 screen and changing the resolution and you get the same size 21:9 image (or even larger, depending on how large you go)

As I said, the majority of stuff is 16:9, so it is objectively better to have 99% large 16:9 with 1% normal size 21:9 rather than 99% small 16:9 with the other 1% the normal size 21:9.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, gbergeron said:

Even the TI can't do it

https://www.futuremark.com/hardware/gpu

DX11     AMD Radeon R9 280X    8830 (and mine is OC )

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti      7740

Just now, Enderman said:

Yes, but you can literally do the exact same thing with a larger 16:9 screen and you get the same size 21:9 image (or even larger, depending on how large you go)

As I said, the majority of stuff is 16:9, so it is objectively better to have 99% large 16:9 with the same size 21:9 rather than 99% small 16:9 with the same size 21:9.

Ya no worries I am not a fan of wide screens.

CPU: Intel i7 6700K 4.5 ghz / CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 / Board: Asus Z170-A / GPU: Asus Rog Strix GTX 1070 8GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000 mhz / SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB / PSU: Corsair RMx 850w / Case: Fractal Design Define S / Keyboard: Corsair MX Silent / Mouse: Logitech G403 / Monitor: Dell 27" TN 1ms 1440p/144hz Gsync

1 minute ago, Swealteek said:

That is the lowest settings or almost with everything turned OFF. At that point just play lower resolution with high details.... game will look better.

Also, it drops below 60 fps in many places in the video

On a game that released it wut... 2013 :S  it's not so bad tho :) 

Just now, gbergeron said:

That is the lowest settings or almost with everything turned OFF. At that point just play lower resolution with high details.... game will look better.

Also, it drops below 60 fps in many places in the video

Again your missing the point. You're talking about it being expensive but it's really not the hardware is here. if it want for the FFing miners you can get a RX580 and 4K screen for 600USD and play and decent frame rate and settings

Just now, Swealteek said:

Again your missing the point. You're talking about it being expensive but it's really not the hardware is here. if it want for the FFing miners you can get a RX580 and 4K screen for 600USD and play and decent frame rate and settings

I have a 4k screen and I don't even use it with my 1070 cuz it can't run games smoothly 

So yeah.... I know people that play at shitty frame rate and are quite happy with it...

I always turn down settings to achieve smooth frame rates and for 4K, I can only play like Smite, rainbow six siege.

the 1070 won't run 4K in most games due to not enough FPS ( under 60 )

Per example, in PUBG I run it 1440p, in doom I run in close to 3K

I would not match a rx 580 with a 4k screen.....

This is a 100%  " have to drop down settings in every games I play " scenario 

But again, if your cool with that and you only focus on the resolution, thats fine

Just now, gbergeron said:

in PUBG I run it 1440p, in doom I run in close to 3K

PUBG is a really acces game that is known for having problems.

16 minutes ago, gbergeron said:

I have a 4k screen and I don't even use it with my 1070 cuz it can't run games smoothly 

So yeah.... I know people that play at shitty frame rate and are quite happy with it...

I always turn down settings to achieve smooth frame rates and for 4K, I can only play like Smite, rainbow six siege.

the 1070 won't run 4K in most games due to not enough FPS ( under 60 )

Per example, in PUBG I run it 1440p, in doom I run in close to 3K

What kind of GPU did you have previously? Could your older GPUs run games at 60 fps or higher? Mine sure as hell never could. I have never gamed at over 60 fps, even when I bought a brand spanking new AMD 7950. Who has the hardware to run games at more than 60 fps and why should they?? Most of these people are guys who can spend 700$ on a GPU every year. The rest 90% of the people can't even afford a 1440p UW and try to buy a 1080p one, just because it happens to be the current hype. Get your sht together and stop trying to defend companies that want to sell an overstretched-what-would-be-27 inches at 16:9 1440p monitor for more than a 43, let me say that again, 43 INCH FUCKING 4K MONITOR.

Why do i always get blue screens? Why not a red one for a change?

Spoiler

CPU: 2920x  GPU: Sapphire HD 7950 Vapor X  MOBO: X399 Taichi  RAM: 4x 8GB Trident Z RGN 3200/14  CASE: 900D  OS SSD: Samsung 960 Evo 512GB  Storage: 20TB NAS  PSU: Corsair RM1000i  CPU COOLER: NH-U14S TR4 OS: Arch Linux Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 TKL  Mouse: MX Master 2S Headphones: BD DT 770 PRO 250 Ohm

6 minutes ago, sotiris.bos said:

What kind of GPU did you have previously? Could your older GPUs run games at 60 fps or higher? Mine sure as hell never could. I have never gamed at over 60 fps, even when I bought a brand spanking new AMD 7950. Who has the hardware to run games at more than 60 fps and why should they?? Most of these people are guys who can spend 700$ on a GPU every year. The rest 90% of the people can't even afford a 1440p UW and try to buy a 1080p one, just because it happens to be the current hype. Get your sht together and stop trying to defend companies that want to sell an overstretched-what-would-be-27 inches at 16:9 1440p monitor for more than a 43, let me say that again, 43 INCH FUCKING 4K MONITOR.

Make some place in your shorts. You act like a frustrated kid.

I never defended these companies. I don't care.

I had mostly all top tier GPU since 2004. Cheers

3 minutes ago, gbergeron said:

Make some place in your shorts. You act like a frustrated kid.

I never defended these companies. I don't care.

I had mostly all top tier GPU since 2004. Cheers

I am not acting like a frustrated kid, I am acting like a logical kid.
There is really no excuse in buying an UltraWide. Buy a 43 inch instead.

Gaming:
Want a larger FOV? Change the FOV settings.
Want higher framerates? Reduce resolution, detail or buy another GPU from the money you save. Or don't buy a GPU and buy a very high refresh rate 1080p monitor just for games that need it. You will end up paying the same.

Productivity:
I want to fucking laugh my ass off. There is no argument for the UltraWides here.

Movies:
Is the only reason to buy a 21:9. If you are insane and can't live with 2 fairly black bars on top and bottom of a breathtakingly huge awesome display at a distance of half to one meter in front of you.

Why do i always get blue screens? Why not a red one for a change?

Spoiler

CPU: 2920x  GPU: Sapphire HD 7950 Vapor X  MOBO: X399 Taichi  RAM: 4x 8GB Trident Z RGN 3200/14  CASE: 900D  OS SSD: Samsung 960 Evo 512GB  Storage: 20TB NAS  PSU: Corsair RM1000i  CPU COOLER: NH-U14S TR4 OS: Arch Linux Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 TKL  Mouse: MX Master 2S Headphones: BD DT 770 PRO 250 Ohm

Locked.

There's a way to argue a point, being agressive toward others isn't a way we allow or tolerate on the forum.

Antagonizing others that way will only lead to fights and warnings being issued.

Also, the Community Standards is clear;

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members.
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
  • "Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton.
  • "Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted.
  • Remember your audience; both present and future.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !