NEW Cablemod Addresible RGB Strips. Indivdually adjustable LED's

TVwazhere
Go to solution Solved by CableMod,

@TVwazhere the addressable LED's are only for newer X299/X399 boards with the addressable headers in order to utilize these. So these are not compatible with ZX70 boards or AM4 boards. They do just run through the Aura or RGB Fusion software for the respective motherboard used.

@CableMod

These look super interesting. The sites I've seen say it's compatible with Asus Aura and Gigabyte RGB Fusion.... How do these integrate with these software (specifically Aura, I know there's an adapter for the various pin types)

In other words, how does one go about controlling the LED's individually, assuming you're using an intel z2xx or a ryzen mobo that supports Aura?

https://www.amazon.com/CableMod-Addressable-LED-Strip-60cm/dp/B074HH33JK

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

I can only get it to do the rainbow effect. Anything else and it just shuts off.

I'll be investigating a lot more this weekend to see what's up.

I've already tried flashing new Aura firmware and updating the software.

I do see "gradient" options but Aura crashes when I select it.

In short... idk yet and I have a headache lol.

Forgot to mention my board has a native addressable header (3-pin) so idk what it would take to work with existing setup or if it even would.

1 minute ago, Legendarypoet said:

I can only get it to do the rainbow effect. Anything else and it just shuts off.

I'll be investigating a lot more this weekend to see what's up.

I've already tried flashing new Aura firmware and updating the software.

I do see "gradient" options but Aura crashes when I select it.

In short... idk yet and I have a headache lol.

I've seen this done with NZXT controllers/LED strips I believe, so if Cablemod can do the same but not be "proprietary" then that's just another reason to love this company!

Just now, Legendarypoet said:

Forgot to mention my board has a native addressable header (3-pin) so idk what it would take to work with existing setup or if it even would.

I'm not sure either, it would have to be some sort of usb controller

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

@TVwazhere the addressable LED's are only for newer X299/X399 boards with the addressable headers in order to utilize these. So these are not compatible with ZX70 boards or AM4 boards. They do just run through the Aura or RGB Fusion software for the respective motherboard used.

You can make an arduino based controller to interface aura to individually addressable LEDs (strips or corsair RGB fans). I have done that with my crosshair vi hero.

Sync RGB fans with motherboard RGB header.

Main rig:

Ryzen 7 1700x (4.05GHz)

EVGA GTX 1070 FTW ACX 3.0

16GB G. Skill Flare X 3466MHz CL14

Crosshair VI Hero

EK Supremacy Evo

EVGA SuperNova 850 G2

Intel 540s 240GB, Intel 520 240GB + WD Black 500GB

Corsair Crystal Series 460x

Asus Strix Soar

Laptop:

Dell E6430s