Bug with Poll Functionality

Found a bug and inconvenience with the poll functionality on the forum.

If you submit multiple questions into the poll, all of them need to be answered for you to submit your response. There should be an option  to make a person only need to fill out one.

As for the bug, if you have the maximum number of questions and you delete one  and try adding one back - it gives you the message "you have hit the maximum number", even though you were one higher before you deleted a question

Edit: This Originally was a poll post regarding GPUs, but it didn't work. This is why it is in the GPU section. I would delete it if I could.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

Poll is quite broken, i have to select one from every generation :/

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Just now, samcool55 said:

Oh. That's broken. Sorry man. I'm going to have to "wipe it".

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

2 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

I chose gtx 560 ti and gtx 760 because I got those in use...  worked well

Main System:

Anghammarad : Asrock Taichi x570, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @4900 MHz. 32 GB DDR4 3600, some NVME SSDs, Gainward Phoenix RTX 3070TI

System 2 "Igluna" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

System 3 "Inskah" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

On the Road: Acer Aspire 5 Model A515-51G-54FD, Intel Core i5 7200U, 8 GB DDR4 Ram, 120 GB SSD, 1 TB SSD, Intel CPU GFX and Nvidia MX 150, Full HD IPS display

Media System "Vio": Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5700X, 64 GB Ram DDR4 3200 Mushkin, 1 275 GB Crucial MX SSD, 1 tb Crucial MX500 SSD. IBM 5015 Megaraid, 4 Seagate Ironwolf 4TB HDD in raid 5, 4 WD RED 4 tb in another Raid 5, Gainward Phoenix GTX 1060

(Abit Fatal1ty FP9 IN SLI, C2Duo E8400, 6 GB Ram DDR2 800, far too less diskspace, Gainward Phantom 560 GTX broken need fixing)

Nostalgia: Amiga 1200, Tower Build, CPU/FPU/MMU 68EC020, 68030, 68882 @50 Mhz, 10 MByte ram (2 MB Chip, 8 MB Fast), Fast SCSI II, 2 CDRoms, 2 1 GB SCSI II IBM Harddrives, 512 MB Quantum Lightning HDD, self soldered Sync changer to attach VGA displays, WLAN

1 minute ago, samcool55 said:

Not only that, I also miss the option to select the 8600 GT I have lying around :P

Someone once said: "Having a rollercoaster on a PC would be epic"

So threw a rollercoaster on my K'nex PC: Project Dragon Khan- K'nex rollercoaster PC build

2 minutes ago, hammer3339 said:

bugged and and has now disappeared for me even after a few refreshes lol

Yeah, I deleted it because it wouldn't work - and replaced with a bug/request for a feature.

8 minutes ago, Imbellis said:

Found a bug and inconvenience with the poll functionality on the forum.

If you submit multiple questions into the poll, all of them need to be answered for you to submit your response. There should be an option  to make a person only need to fill out one.

As for the bug, if you have the maximum number of questions and you delete one  and try adding one back - it gives you the message "you have hit the maximum number", even though you were one higher before you deleted a question

Edit: This Originally was a poll post regarding GPUs, but it didn't work. This is why it is in the GPU section. I would delete it if I could.

make a gogle fourm

Just now, _Dr_Eye_ said:

make a gogle fourm

Yeah, I'll do that. Thanks for the idea.

17 minutes ago, Imbellis said:

That's not a bug, simply add an answer like "none" or "not applicable" to every questions.

17 minutes ago, Imbellis said:

That's an actual problem ...

@colonel_mortis

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

1 minute ago, wkdpaul said:

That's not a bug, simply add an answer like "none" or "not applicable" to every questions.

Yeah, that's why I included the "and inconvenience" to that sentence - though I was unclear.

1 minute ago, Imbellis said:

Yeah, that's why I included the "and inconvenience" to that sentence - though I was unclear.

Got it. Misunderstood

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Here's a screen-shot of what it can look like - an extreme case of me repeating the glitch until I only have 2 questions.

I can give steps if you want to re-create it.

Bug.png

• 3 weeks later...

@Imbellis you said that this was still occurring after the latest update, but I can't reproduce it. If you're sure that it still occurs, can you give me the steps required to reproduce it?

HTTP/2 203

1 hour ago, colonel_mortis said:

@Imbellis you said that this was still occurring after the latest update, but I can't reproduce it. If you're sure that it still occurs, can you give me the steps required to reproduce it?

Sure.

1) Fill up to the maximum number of polls (10 total)

2) Remove any question that isn't the last. (Q2-9)

I think this "bug" was caused by checking for the questions being assigned a value (1-10) and the script checking for "#10 question slot" being filled rather than actually testing for the number of questions.

Really, I may be one of the few to push the poll functionality to limits - so it isn't forum-breaking - just something that eventually should be fixed.

8 minutes ago, Imbellis said:

Sure.

1) Fill up to the maximum number of polls (10 total)

2) Remove any question that isn't the last. (Q2-9)

I think this "bug" was caused by checking for the questions being assigned a value (1-10) and the script checking for "#10 question slot" being filled rather than actually testing for the number of questions.

Really, I may be one of the few to push the poll functionality to limits - so it isn't forum-breaking - just something that eventually should be fixed.

Perfect, thanks. I've reported the issue to the developers.

HTTP/2 203