Recommended Computer Parts for Bitcoin

I was wondering, what would be the recommend parts for bitcoin mining and will generate enough revenue so that you can make a living despite the amount of money you have to pay for your electricity. My build is a intel i5 CPU, Gtx 970 Gpu and so on. 

ASIC miners are the only viable way to mine bitcoin

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Bitcoin is pretty dead

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

BitCoin mining is ded

Ethereum somewhat works but it's almost ded

wait for next round of mining

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

i think hes someone whos been drscribed ethereum as "its sort of like bitcoin" and who doesnt know bitcoin

i wouldnt mine anything with the 970 as its power hungry and isnt too great in general

1 minute ago, ImNotThere said:

i think hes someone whos been drscribed ethereum as "its sort of like bitcoin" and who doesnt know bitcoin

i wouldnt mine anything with the 970 as its power hungry and isnt too great in general

and also the fact that it isn't Pascal or AMD

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

Just now, JDE said:

and also the fact that it isn't Pascal or AMD

i know people who used to mine with maxwell as they bought them when maxwell came out but its just stupid now :P

Unless you have access to infinite free power and about 10,000 GTX 1080Ti's that you got for free, you won't make any money.

The GTX 1080Ti can pump out maybe 1GH/s

You need 10,000GH/s at 0 power consumption to make ~$370/month

A single GTX 1080Ti will net you about $0.03 per month at no power draw, so in essence you will lose money :) 

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

28 minutes ago, maqfaun said:

I was wondering, what would be the recommend parts for bitcoin mining and will generate enough revenue so that you can make a living despite the amount of money you have to pay for your electricity. 

no.

no because mining bitcoin with computer hardware died years ago. it's all about asics now. 

no because you can't make a living off of mining bicoin unless you buy a warehouse and stuff it with asics. 

bitcoin is dead to the average small time miner. look for a different cryptocurrency or find a better use for your hardware alltogether. try 3d rendering or folding or anything. 

6 minutes ago, KenjiUmino said:

no.

no because mining bitcoin with computer hardware died years ago. it's all about asics now. 

no because you can't make a living off of mining bicoin unless you buy a warehouse and stuff it with asics. 

bitcoin is dead to the average small time miner. look for a different cryptocurrency or find a better use for your hardware alltogether. try 3d rendering or folding or anything. 

Agreed.

At this point it would probably be more profitable to record yourself setting a pile of $100 bills on fire and dancing around it like a madman and uploading it to YouTube, than mining bitcoin on a GPU :) 

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

3 hours ago, maqfaun said:

I was wondering, what would be the recommend parts for bitcoin mining and will generate enough revenue so that you can make a living despite the amount of money you have to pay for your electricity. My build is a intel i5 CPU, Gtx 970 Gpu and so on. 

Get an ASIC miner and call it a day. Although you can use regular hardware to mine things, it's not as effective, and it's driving up hardware prices for the rest of us, so please don't.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

11 hours ago, kirashi said:

Although you can use regular hardware to mine things, it's not as effective, and it's driving up hardware prices for the rest of us, so please don't.

I dont really understand this argument and people have been making it all over the place. How is people buying up all the cards to mine any different than people buying up all the cards to game on? Supply and demand is a thing and it is standard in business. Yes it sucks some times but its not a new concept and not unique at all.

Sorry rant over.

14 hours ago, lieder1987 said:

I dont really understand this argument and people have been making it all over the place. How is people buying up all the cards to mine any different than people buying up all the cards to game on? Supply and demand is a thing and it is standard in business. Yes it sucks some times but its not a new concept and not unique at all.

Sorry rant over.

You've got a point - it certainly isn't any different than buying all the cards for regular reasons. However, take advantage of the market because certain cards are being bought for bitcoin mining to make money for the end user. Thus the manufacturers raise the prices to make more profits because they know the end users are profiting from these cards. Realistically, us consumers have no control over this since there aren't any fair pricing laws that regulate the sale of goods, so the point is still moot, but very unfair.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)