Google to push employees to use Macs

Kirihuna

If anything, it's probably for developer reasons (or because they don't want people gaming on the computers :lol: ).... like making chrome work better on OSX?

[rant]

OSX is great isn't it... lousy windows re-sizing, improper folder syncing, task dock that can't handle more than a few running apps and can't return minimized items without mouse clicking, needs another drive just to recover anything... Bad hardware experience? Overheated hard drives? Just get the latest model with SSD and more efficient processors. How can you feel bad with all the sexy aluminum, I'm sure you can forgive apple for the lack of engineering of vibration and heat dissipation. Oh yeah, forget about real buttons plus use the high latency track pads... will feel like flying through the air. :rolleyes:

People buy super cheap "PC's" and then then complain about build quality. This compounded by Dell and HP bloating up the computers. If people spent $1K-2K on high end laptops or business versions (with no bloatware), it blows the doors off the macs.

[/rant]

Another thing to remember is for the high price of mac books only the top two models I believe even have dedicated GPUs. A huge point many forget to mention when comparing to another slim, high quality laptop (Razer blade)

I'd rather buy a Thinkpad over a Mac. Those are outstanding.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

If anything, it's probably for developer reasons (or because they don't want people gaming on the computers :lol: ).... like making chrome work better on OSX?  

[rant]

OSX is great isn't it... lousy windows re-sizing, improper folder syncing, task dock that can't handle more than a few running apps and can't return minimized items without mouse clicking, needs another drive just to recover anything...  Bad hardware experience?  Overheated hard drives?  Just get the latest model with SSD and more efficient processors.  How can you feel bad with all the sexy aluminum, I'm sure you can forgive apple for the lack of engineering of vibration and heat dissipation.  Oh yeah, forget about real buttons plus use the high latency track pads... will feel like flying through the air.  :rolleyes:

People buy super cheap "PC's" and then then complain about build quality. This compounded by Dell and HP bloating up the computers.  If people spent $1K-2K on high end laptops or business versions (with no bloatware), it blows the doors off the macs.  

[/rant]

Yes! Finally someone who agrees. I use a mac at school for one of my classes and even if you didn't care about all of the other things that you said, just this reason would be enough for me not to buy a mac. I remember when I used to use Windows XP and it would take for ever to resize the windows, when I switched to seven this is the main feature that I can a actually tell makes a difference day to day. I really don't see OSX to be any more efficient to use than a modern windows operating system (7/8). Also all the animations for doing anything are completely unnecessary. TL;DR Aero snap (I think that is what it is called) is awesome.

Also the darn thing keeps freezing randomly, though I guess that I can not blame that on OSX. btw, these computers are the top of the line new macs.

Never mind that mouse acceleration can't be disabled, using a 2560x1440 screen with mouse acceleration is terrible, almost unusable in my opinion.

"No signature"

Aero snap (I think that is what it is called) is awesome.

I think most people don't realize that's even possible.   Then there's also the win+arrow keys, or win+shift+arrow key (multiple screens) for the keyboard  power users... every millisecond counts!  :D   

My Rigs (past and present)

This seems like an obvious, and childish return to the scroogled campaign. Nevertheless I have not been impressed with Google's decisions lately. 

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|