My Custom build will not boot up it will turn on but nothing pops up on the screen

NsCG.The Cook

My newly custom build will not turn on at all there is a red light that turns on showing there is something wrong with the CPU but I've tried so many things. Anyone know how to deal with this?

specs: 

ryzen 1700x

Msi b350 tomahawk 

16gb of G.Skill trident 

Msi Duke 1080ti 

EVGA fully modular PSU 

Cooler master Hyper T4

IMG_2327.JPG

IMG_2329.JPG

Check that the ramsticks are fully in, check that all psu cables are fully in both the psu and whatever they lead to, try reseting cmos

Omega-  I5 6600k | Gigabyte GTX 1060 | Cougar Panzer | DDR4 16GB 3000MHz | MSI Z170 Gaming M5

EVGA 650 GQ | AOC 60Hz Freesync Panels x2 | AOC 144hz Freesync Panel x1

Epsilon- I7 2700k | Asus GTX 970 | Corsair 780t | DDR3 8GB 1600MHz | EVGA Z68 FTW Mobo

Corsair 750W G2 | Acer R240HY x2

Upsilon- i7 5500u | 6GB DDR3 | 720p 60Hz panel

ram needs to be in slot closest to 24 pin psu cable 

My Personal Computer

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz (OC 3.8) 6-Core Processor

Cpu cooler DEEPCOOL Gamer Storm CAPTAIN 240EX WHITE 
Motherboard: MSI - B350 TOMAHAWK ARCTIC ATX AM4 Motherboard 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz RAM 8x3

Storage: SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 256GB SATA III

Storage:SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 500GB SATA III
Video Card: RTX 2060
Case: NZXT - S340 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: EVGA 550 B3 550W

Peripherals

Monitor: Acer XF240H 24" TN Free-Sync ,144 Hz 

Keyboard: Corsair k95 RGB platinum

Mouse: Razer basilisk

Headset: Hyperx cloud alpha pro

From what i can tell the 8 pin cpu in the top left isnt plugged in 

Edit: also first boot on ryzen can take a few minutes

Let's agree to disagree

You plugged in the CPU power from the PSU? it's a separate cable to the mobo power, usually 4-pin for Intel and 8-pin for AMD. I've forgotten before and freaked out when my PC didn't boot. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

1 minute ago, MrTiC said:

From what i can tell the 8 pin cpu in the top left isnt plugged in 

yep that'll do it lol

8 minutes ago, NsCG.The Cook said:

-snip-

I'll just say it now, dead motherboard. My friend had the exact same motherboard and it would not function whatsoever. Unless, what @Zando Bobsaid is true. I'd re-seat the RAM, make sure it's in the proper slots and such.

The Louvre

Lian-Li PC-O11 DW   |   ZOTAC RTX 2080   |   Core i5 9600k   |   SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 650W Platinum   |   MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon  |  2x16Gb TRIDENT Z ROYAL  |   2xSX8200 240Gb NVME SSD's  |   1x Seagate Firecuda 1TB   |   EVGA Closed Loop Cooler 280mm   |   1x MSI MPG27C Monitor

16 minutes ago, CharminUltraStrong said:

I'll just say it now, dead motherboard. My friend had the exact same motherboard and it would not function whatsoever. Unless, what @Zando Bobsaid is true. I'd re-seat the RAM, make sure it's in the proper slots and such.

Many people think that their motherboards are dead. From my experience, only about  1/3 of the time people are right. The following time they try with another motherboard - they put a bit more umph into putting the ram on or remember to plug the CPU power in. This makes people think their past motherboard was dead.

So it could be the motherboard - but I'd really doubt it. Check out this. I think it'll help a lot. http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

14 minutes ago, CharminUltraStrong said:

Could be that ^^, but could be other things.

Also, you should always test outside the case first before assembling, it's easier to troubleshoot if something's wrong and if you have a DOA part you haven't wasted your time building and then disassembling again to RMA the parts.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

1 hour ago, Imbellis said:

Many people think that their motherboards are dead. From my experience, only about  1/3 of the time people are right. The following time they try with another motherboard - they put a bit more umph into putting the ram on or remember to plug the CPU power in. This makes people think their past motherboard was dead.

So it could be the motherboard - but I'd really doubt it. Check out this. I think it'll help a lot. http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems

It was absolutely dead. I don't know if I still have the pictures but I took pictures with him of where everything that was plugged in. Then, the board got sent back, the new one came in and hooked everything up the same way. Obviously, there were no issues after getting a new board. Many people have had problems with their B350's from what I recollect, again, I might be wrong. Maybe I'm confused and a bunch of people haven't had problems, but when I was researching more troubleshooting tips about the board I found 3-4 people posting about the same problem. You may say it's not much but considering it's a new platform and there are a lot of Ryzen MOBO's, those numbers start to grow in importance.

Also, thanks for the tip there. I'll keep it in mind. Cheers

The Louvre

Lian-Li PC-O11 DW   |   ZOTAC RTX 2080   |   Core i5 9600k   |   SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 650W Platinum   |   MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon  |  2x16Gb TRIDENT Z ROYAL  |   2xSX8200 240Gb NVME SSD's  |   1x Seagate Firecuda 1TB   |   EVGA Closed Loop Cooler 280mm   |   1x MSI MPG27C Monitor

I noticed your ram is in slot number two becuase your cpu cooler is too big and turned the wrong way , turn it 90 degrees then put the ram in slot number 1

1 hour ago, emosun said:

I noticed your ram is in slot number two becuase your cpu cooler is too big and turned the wrong way , turn it 90 degrees then put the ram in slot number 1

The MoBo requires the ram to be in slots 2 and 4 also sorry one of the sticks of ram isnt in