Final Fantasy XV confirmed for PC in early 2018

Bouzoo

I almost bought a PS4 just for this, I'm glad I didn't. My patience is finally going to pay off.

System specs:

GTX 1050

16GB DDR3

Samsung evo SSD

a few HDD's

6 minutes ago, Terryv said:

I almost bought a PS4 just for this, I'm glad I didn't. My patience is finally going to pay off.

I got a Slim on sale for about 250 bucks with Uncharted 4 bundled I still don't regret it.  PS4 does have some good exclusives and it is a great all around streaming device/blu ray player.

According to this tweet, the recommended specs are brutal and the download size is monumental:

This is just somebody saying this though, so take it with a grain of salt.

2 minutes ago, Pintend said:

According to this tweet, the recommended specs are brutal and the download size is monumental:

I wouldnt't be surprised. Game has a billion HQ animations with cutscenes from the movie, huge number of songs from movie, anime, other FF games and other games like Nier Automata, all DLC that is even to be released (like ep. Ignis), and all that in 4K textures. Still my connection will cry. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

2 hours ago, Princess Cadence said:

Finally! I have been waiting for it's announcement since the console release, now all I need is Rockstar to port RDR2 as well and the 2 only games I wanted on the PS4 will be on PC as well ^^

I'm basically going to buy a PS4 for Persona and Kingdom Hearts 3. =X

Just now, AshleyAshes said:

I'm basically going to buy a PS4 for Persona and Kingdom Hearts 3. =X

I bought a xbox 360 only to play The Legend of Spyro Dawn of the Dragon so I know the feeling xD

But nowadays I was not going to buy a PS4 solely for those 2 games, the confirmation that at least one of the two games is  coming to PC was a dream come true for my holidays ^^

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

2 hours ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Dear Nvidia, please stop using Gimpworks libraries and stop ruining games with them. Or open them to devs so they actually don't run like sh*t.

Sincerely, Gamers.

------

Another game with HairWorks, let's see whether it'll halve the performance again like in The Witcher 3...

Oh come on: If we had dirty, medieval monster hunters with fabulous hair when we in turn talk about hip, trendy Japanese hipsters: The game obviously we need a dedicated 1080ti just to render their fucking hair in all of it's madness and glory.

Picture for bonus lols:

Spoiler

Image result for seymour hair

-------

Current Rig

-------

9 minutes ago, Pintend said:

170GB is brutal geez...I don't even want to know what the recommended specs are.

Just now, Princess Cadence said:

I bought a xbox 360 only to play The Legend of Spyro Dawn of the Dragon so I know the feeling xD

But nowadays I was not going to buy a PS4 solely for those 2 games, the confirmation that at least one of the two games is  coming to PC was a dream come true for my holidays ^^

I'm sure that there will be some other odd-ball Japanese games that are PS4 exclusives that I'll also get on PS4, but fort he most part, yeah, I'd buy it for a few specific titles.  But it at least makes sense there than Xbox One.  Like, everything but Halo eventually comes to PC from Xbox.  But there's lots of PS4 exclusives, if they are up your alley, that you'll never see on PC.  Persona for example is a super safe bet, no Atlus game is likely to ever hit PC.

But you're right a lot MORE games come to PC and that's great.  Players can have options as to how they play their games and that can never be a bad thing.  I'm playing FFX right now, 16 years late, on PC.  ...Because FFX, in 4K, with surround sound, with a pink Xbox 360 controller, is surely how god intended that game to be played, right?

Just now, LordTaco42 said:

170GB is brutal geez...I don't even want to know what the recommended specs are.

The game can run on an Xbox One which is a glorified Radeon HD 7870 with an 8 core Bobcat CPU.  SURELY it'll scale pretty decently on a range of hardware

The game can run on an Xbox One which is a glorified Radeon HD 7870 with an 8 core Bobcat CPU.  SURELY it'll scale pretty decently on a range of hardware

The difference in detail and resolution however it's probably going to be like a normal person vision vs a normal person that just got thrown a bunch of dirt in their eyes.

-------

Current Rig

-------

4 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

The difference in detail and resolution however it's probably going to be like a normal person vision vs a normal person that just got thrown a bunch of dirt in their eyes.

I dunno.  I have to be totally honest, with GTA5 as an example, that is a game that you can crank to batshit crazy levels and need two 1080's in SLI to get decent 4K frame rates out, on the other hand I can use my R9 390X, run it at 1800p (scaling up to 4K), most settings just at 'normal' while maintaining 60fps and I still have a HUGELY visually gratifying experience on my TV.  Some PC games can scale remarkably well with a lot of the 'big GPU demands' really being a tremendous amount of ultra fine details that give diminishing returns as you enable them.

Really, so long as my highly subjective, mushy, monkey brain thinks 'Gosh this is pretty. ^_____^' isn't that all that matters?

3 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Hopefully its optimized well for PC then.  Surely 1080p and 1440p won't be a problem but 4K will certainly bring some GPUs to their knees.

1 minute ago, Misanthrope said:

Well if nothing else it'll be a hell of a benchmark test.

Just now, M.Yurizaki said:

So the funny thing about the whole whobadabloo about GameWorks is the PS4 version already uses it. Probably for some of the things that the trailer was advertising.

-snip-

But do you really expect anyone on this forum to look at that?

Seriously, my standards for this forum are insanely low.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

12 minutes ago, Pintend said:

Their recommended specs are for 4k at high settings.

1 minute ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

170GB? What the hell are they even doing with that kind of space?

Presumably? Native textures at 4k, 1440p, and 1080p. Fallout 4 with the hi res texture pack was 88 GB and that looks like crap compared to what FF puts out.

Just now, ravenshrike said:

Presumably? Native textures at 4k, 1440p, and 1080p. Fallout 4 with the hi res texture pack was 88 GB and that looks like crap compared to what FF puts out.

With that kind of space needed for textures they really should make the 4K textures optional.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

10 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

SNIP

Noodle hair strikes again!

To quote a description from TW3 mod that removes HairWorks from Geralt but leaves it on everything else:

No more additional FPS drop in cutscenes. No more noodles instead of hair. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

9 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

I dunno.  I have to be totally honest, with GTA5 as an example, that is a game that you can crank to batshit crazy levels and need two 1080's in SLI to get decent 4K frame rates out, on the other hand I can use my R9 390X, run it at 1800p (scaling up to 4K), most settings just at 'normal' while maintaining 60fps and I still have a HUGELY visually gratifying experience on my TV.  Some PC games can scale remarkably well with a lot of the 'big GPU demands' really being a tremendous amount of ultra fine details that give diminishing returns as you enable them.

Really, so long as my highly subjective, mushy, monkey brain thinks 'Gosh this is pretty. ^_____^' isn't that all that matters?

Yeah, about that:

Even vs the PS4 you can reaaaally see the lack of MSAA on it: GTA V is a game that gets really pixelated on anything below 2xMSAA

-------

Current Rig

-------

Never finished it on PS4 because the game got boring after the open world part ended. Guess I'll buy on PC n finish it

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

29 minutes ago, Pintend said:

giphy.gif

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

2 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Yeah, about that:

Even vs the PS4 you can reaaaally see the lack of MSAA AA on it: GTA V is a game that gets really pixelated on anything below 2xMSAA

I don't really see your point here.  Visually speaking, the game is enjoyable to look at even on 360 and PS3, with their critical issues being painful framerates that harm the player's interaction with the world.

Like, I won't dispute that the PC port is BETTER.  I can achieve results superior to the PS4 port with a Radeon HD 7950 (Particularly in achieving fps at 1080p while still having the graphics settings a bit higher than PS4)  But despite all that, the general consensus is that GTA5 is a visually attractive game.  It's a game that, with better hardware, can become more and more and more attractive.  The PC port scales remarkably well if you've ever tried it.  If you need slow motion, zoomed in, side by side comparison footage to decide if you 'like how something looks' I think that's the source of your problem.

3 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

Never finished it on PS4 because the game got boring after the open world part ended. Guess I'll buy on PC n finish it

I felt kinda the same luckily it moves pretty fast after the open world and you can go back to it after the end of the game though they never really explain how and its kinda obscure I had to look it up.

I don't really see your point here.  Visually speaking, the game is enjoyable to look at even on 360 and PS3, with their critical issues being painful framerates that harm the player's interaction with the world.

Like, I won't dispute that the PC port is BETTER.  I can achieve results superior to the PS4 port with a Radeon HD 7950 (Particularly in achieving fps at 1080p while still having the graphics settings a bit higher than PS4)  But despite all that, the general consensus is that GTA5 is a visually attractive game.  It's a game that, with better hardware, can become more and more and more attractive.  The PC port scales remarkably well if you've ever tried it.  If you need slow motion, zoomed in, side by side comparison footage to decide if you 'like how something looks' I think that's the source of your problem.

You mean the general consensus of the console players that were first mocking and then protesting the PC version of the game?

Yeah vox populi isn't a good argument when considering brainwashed console players: The game had demonstrable issues due to the lower performance on the consoles: remember that video of a guy crashing his plane on thin air only for the tree he crashed into to finally appear during the "wasted" sequence? I do. I don't really care how many millions of copies it sold it wasn't a good experience for consoles. In fact not even for PC users when it was released if you consider the average PC specs at that time.

-------

Current Rig

-------