1 hour ago, Arc_Jester said:

The recommended specs are insane.

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770 3.4 GHz or AMD Ryzen 7 1700 3.7 GHz

RAM: 16 GB System Memory

GPU RAM: 11GB Video Memory

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

HDD: 170GB Available hard drive space

DX: DirectX 11

Since by all accounts, the specs are the 'recommended' for 4K with HDR, they really aren't THAT insane.  It's also uprising since most game hardware reviews now focus on 4k instead of 1080p for their testing resolution target.

This all said, it also kinda opens up a new question: With games already being fairly scaleable, 'minimum' and 'recommended' specs can already be tricky enough to read for 'Okay, but what's basically good enough for a 'pretty okay experience'?  If we're jumping entire solutions then just 'minimum' and 'recommended' isn't granular enough at all.  At this point you almost need minimum and recommended specs for both 1080p and 4K at the least

1 hour ago, Arc_Jester said:

The recommended specs are insane.

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770 3.4 GHz or AMD Ryzen 7 1700 3.7 GHz

RAM: 16 GB System Memory

GPU RAM: 11GB Video Memory

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

HDD: 170GB Available hard drive space

DX: DirectX 11

You should really include everything that is with those specs. As the, not confirmed, specs also mention a 4K HDR monitor. The game is way too far out for official specs to have been issued so far. With all the fancy Nvidia tech in the game I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't launch until Volta was out, or after, so Nvidia could use the game as a showpiece and possibly include it as a bonus.

6 hours ago, Morgan MLGman said:

The problem is that this not only cripples AMD performance, but also on Nvidia's own GPUs, I don't really see the point of using GW if you need SLI Titan Xps to even get decent performance with minimal visual quality improvement :S

Huh i can use all gameworks features in arkham knight no problem with a1070 and get over 60fps hell i maxed the game out and still hit the max fps of 90. 

4 minutes ago, Demonking said:

Huh i can use all gameworks features in arkham knight no problem with a1070 and get over 60fps hell i maxed the game out and still hit the max fps of 90. 

Oh yeah? Sure, maybe today on a 1070. Now consider when Arkham Knight launched and that it didn't work as well on a GTX 970 (which was the same tier GPU back then).

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

2 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Oh yeah? Sure, maybe today on a 1070. Now consider when Arkham Knight launched and that it didn't work as well on a GTX 970 (which was the same tier GPU back then).

Arkham Knight didn't work well on anything when it launched.

This has been the recommended specs that has been circulating in the internet few hours after reveal. I'm not sure if it is legit, but if it is, this game is telling me that I should uninstall GTA V and some other games... jfc that 170gb hdd space.

Screenshot_20170822-072159.png

Edited by AmateurPCGuy
typos.

5 minutes ago, AmateurPCGuy said:

This has been the recommended specs that has been circulating in the internet few hours after reveal. I'm not sure if it is legit, but if it is, this game is telling me that I should uninstall GTA V and some other games... jfc that 170gb hdd space.

Screenshot_20170822-072159.png

They are not official. SE isn't giving out specs to anyone right now since the PC version is still early in development. What they are saying is that the game is running at 4K on a 6700 with a 1081ti at Gamescom.

From a PCGamer article on the port via SE's global brand manager: "We can say now that FF15 on PC supports native 4K and also up to 8K, as well as HDR 10. But we haven’t really revealed anything like minimum specs yet because we’re developing at such a high end which means we can’t really define it with current standards now. At some point we will publish the recommended and minimum specs, but we can’t say exactly what they are at the moment."

I don't really care about this, still waiting for the FFVII for the PC :)

CPU: Intel i7 3970X @ 4.7 GHz  (custom loop)   RAM: Kingston 1866 MHz 32GB DDR3   GPU(s): 2x Gigabyte R9 290OC (custom loop)   Motherboard: Asus P9X79   

Case: Fractal Design R3    Cooling loop:  360 mm + 480 mm + 1080 mm,  tripple 5D Vario pump   Storage: 500 GB + 240 GB + 120 GB SSD,  Seagate 4 TB HDD

PSU: Corsair AX860i   Display(s): Asus PB278Q,  Asus VE247H   Input: QPad 5K,  Logitech G710+    Sound: uDAC3 + Philips Fidelio x2

HWBot: http://hwbot.org/user/tame/

• 3 weeks later...

Looks awesome, the chances I'll be buying this one are quite high.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W