How Do I INCREASE TDP I THINK I BROKE MY GTX 1070

Jamil237237
Go to solution Solved by Jamil237237,

i swear this problems marked at answered for what the problem is, why are people still answering, my card at that time was fine, the tdp not maxing out was normal, it wa my uneducated brain that caused problems

if you wont take my word take this instead

also dude im not trying to be a dick, to be clear, i just like 

SPAMMING CAPPS ABFEFBSEDFNASE

Why tho.png

I7 6700 (no k)

gigabyte 7170 gaming k3

16 gb of ballistix sport or something

corsair vs series 550w psu

corsair spec-01 case

Gpu is a 1070 founders edition by zotac with a custom cooler. Arctic twin turbo two i think

Your card is running fine (this person has a GTX 1080)

Also the scores on the website are the top scores. Those are not the expected scores. Those people may have done things like overclocked the snot out of their video cards or added extra and the tables make it seem like they're running single cards.

You guis are probably right

But i still wanna know, why is wattage inconsistant with gpu load?

Thanks tho, future idiots should stumble here like me

Side note: got a new psu because of this ANND ended up breaking two motherboards. (FUCK ME)

thats why im so persistant, i aslo bent my cpu, luckily it still works XD.

Just now, Jamil237237 said:

You guis are probably right

But i still wanna know, why is wattage inconsistant with gpu load?

Thanks tho, future idiots should stumble here like me

Processor load of any kind literally means the processor is doing something other than idling.

Wattage is how much power it's consuming, which is mainly a function of clock frequency. If the video card ramped up, did something, and didn't ramp down for a few seconds, it can have a low usage but high power consumption.

1 minute ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Processor load of any kind literally means the processor is doing something other than idling.

Wattage is how much power it's consuming, which is mainly a function of clock frequency. If the video card ramped up, did something, and didn't ramp down for a few seconds, it can have a low usage but high power consumption.

Thats what puzzles me, lemme load a game up

Now my cards hit 130w xD it never did that in a benchmark, yes its in a game wqithout fps caps. Borderlands the pre sequel

whadafaq .jpg

2 minutes ago, rrubberr said:

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH YOUR CARD.

for you own sanity just leave ;-; sorry btw

welp ill be stuck on this forever, quick summary, Gpu full load 70 watts on benchmark

gpu full load on game 130W. y THo?

59 minutes ago, Jamil237237 said:

no its not overheating, and its not maxed out either, the gpu boosts performance automagically by using unsued recources including wattage/tdp. mine is barely being used in a benchmark. which supposed to max EVERYTHING out

TDP is not a resource, it's a measure of how much heat the card can throw out of the die in worst case conditions. You can try using MSI afterburner to increase the card's maximum power consumption, but if the gpu shows 100% load and maxed clock speed it should be performing at its best already.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

according to most people im cancer

according to zodiacs

im also cancer

for pure entertainment purposes i went and read the entire thread to see if Jamil is either just bad at giving explanation or just not quiet understanding what everyone else is saying. 

With all the evidence you provided Jamil, your card is functioning normally. You have normal power draw, normal clock speeds and normal thermals .

And to put a different  spin on it, you will always see varied power consumption/watt draw/usage under different load condition, gaming vs synthetic benchmarks. some benchmarks force high cpu usage and rely less on pure gpu horse power, so while the GPU might indicate 100% load, that load isn't so intense it needs all of it's available power.

Games however, like dirt as a prime example can push huge demand on a GPU even know your GPU can run the game at 250 FPS with ease. This means the GPU will just eat up as much of that power bracket available to it, within the limits nvidia has set.

I know your doing some kind of comparison between another card, thinking your performance is some how broken, but there is so many variables that can cause it, even down to simple driver revisions. 

And your not cancer, your simply frustrated with a situation some people needlessly just pour fuel on instead of actually helping you. 

At the end of the day, if you feel you have defective card, take it back to where you bought it, give the best explanation of whats happening you can, they can test the card and provide a sanity check for you if the cards is working normally or not.

Just now, rrubberr said:

It is much harder to help someone when the only problem is ignorance.

Ignorance is a matter of perspective in a conversation, especially when it comes to topical knowledge. That's why people can argue until they are black and blue in the face from the facts they have in front of them. Without fully understanding the information they are being provided in the correct context. Why some people never learn from simply reading information in a book, but as soon as they see it hands on in front of them, they can understand it with ease.

Maybe if he was more descriptive rather than spammy it might have helped... imo nothing wrong with his card idk what the fuss is about. Everything looks fine.

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K | Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H | Graphics Card: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 Ti OCEdition | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3000MHz |Storage: 1 x Samsung 830 EVO Series 250GB | 1 x Samsung 960 PRO Series 512GB | 1 x Western Digital Blue 1TB | 1 x Western Digital Blue 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM750x 750W 80+ Gold Power Supply | Case: Cooler Master MasterCase 5 Pro |

Cooling: Corsair H100i v2 // 4x Corsair ML140 RED Fans // 2x Corsair ML120 RED Fans 
---

Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 1440p 165Hz IPS G-Sync | Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Red LED, Cherry MX Brown Switches | Mouse: Corsair Glaive RGB | Speakers: Logitech Z623 THX Certified Speakers

• 4 weeks later...

you see the issue is, im a kid in a nutshell, i made my pc myself no biggie, if i break my pc myself oh boy. i just want to get what my parents payed for. also im paranoid about shit when i have some connection with it. "oh crud did i break it, shit fuck shit shit shit" i bent my freaking cpu for goodness sake because i was so scared of messing up i messed up, still works tho. I have a custom fan on my gpu i bolted on myself. i get nervous thinking i fucked it up, paranoid.

im incable of income so this is like a big deal to me. side note. i got another "problem" fps wont max out. i unlock the frame limit but yet it stays at a wierd fps limit. not my screens full refresh rate but lower, 135hz on a 144hz screen. again, i dont want to lose any of what i got. so far from my shit tests and basic research, its something that may have been implemented to decrease input lag or something. i just want my 144hz and unlocking the fps back. time to make another thread were everyone yells at me lol

GOOD NEWS, I ACTUALLY FUCKED MY CARD. hits vrel MUCH FASTER, BENCHES ONLY 130 FPS WHEN IN THE PAST IT DID 210 FPS  NO WONDER WHY MY GAMES WERE HARDER TO RUN! MY FUCKING 960 HAS MORE POWER. FUCK ME