HDD burned smell doest work at all 6Tb samsung seagate usb3 drive

i was watching a movie and it gave me an error message i looked to my pc and hdd was not available than it disconected i unplugged it and then realized it smell a little burned now it just doesnt wok at all!!

the box sait 3 year warranty but warranty paper says 2 and it is done only a month ago so did i lose all my data??

If there was actually some kind of burning in the HDD them it wouldn't be too surprising if your data was gone. But you could try data recovery services, there are some free ones. 

If you'd like to go the recovery route, you can try Seagate Recovery Services, there are also many 3rd party companies that do this, you'd just have to search around for recommendations on what other users have liked. 

If you'd like to find out if the drive is under warranty still, you can use our Warranty Validation tool. If you'd like to, you can get in touch directly with Seagate Customer Support here.

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming

Ok but i am in turkey and it is out of warranty even if it is not always used it just burned i mean it is the first time this happens to me

seagate recovery services is super expensine like extremely expensive for me

2 hours ago, Berk70 said:

seagate recovery services is super expensine like extremely expensive for me

Pretty much all data recovery services are expensive no matter where you live.  It's a specialized skillset and in demand.

This is why you need backups.

Update!

Luckily it was only the usb 3.0 card that burned and hdd works but corrupted i did a recovery and most my files are saved but the structure is gone still this wasnt a big loss for me i have recovered to my 4tb hdd and 2tb old hdd which i was trying to sell luckily i havent sold them in time :)