Am in need of Headphones (Gaming)

Shengo

Hello, lads and ladies of this fine here forum.

I'm going to get right to the point and list my preferred requirements and concerns.

1. Dedicated Headphones (For gaming)

2. Under $300 (Australian currency), with possibly $400 maximum (note: I don't want to spend $300 for something that can be reliably found in a $150 headphone.)

3. I don't mind if it's USB, ?portable? or anything. Although I would prefer that you don't prioritise Portability over anything else, I'm lazy, and I don't use my headphones anywhere else other than my Desk.

4. if it comes with a mic I don't mind, I have a Rode NT-USB microphone so a Headset mic won't be used so a Mic isn't a priority.

- $300.

- Sound.

- Being Portable is not a priority.

- Comfortable.

- Mic not needed

- Reliable

Now something that should be said and should be kept in mind, I'm not knowledgeable about most things Audio, just talk to me like I'm new to the internet.

I know vaguely about Open-back headphones, 7.1 surround sound and some other things that anyone would know.

As I've said, I'm new to the Audio world, and I'm ignorant as hell to almost everything about it, I just wanted a good headset that I can use while playing Games, I spent half a day searching around google 'Best Gaming Headset', asked my friend about it and he told me that headphones are better for my circumstances and that I should search this forum, then when we both looked through and didn't understand a lot of it, he just said to make a forum post.

Otherwise, thank you for reading and if you suggest something, thank you very much for helping me.

Also if anything contradicts anything, please let me know and I'll attempt to rectify it.

I think HyperX Cloud II's are massively popular, and some of the best ones out there. Should be around $100 USD, IIRC. SO under $300 AUD for sure. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Since you're not looking for a Mic then just getting the best regular headphones you can is what most people will reccomend. My choice is Sennhesier. Look into their HD 599 (or 598 old model) for the top of your budget, and then downward it goes HD 579 and HD 569.

Edit: My vote for you goes to the HD 579's

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

Thank you 3 for helping.

After a couple of hours comparing reviews online and comparing the price values, I'll most likely end up going with the Audio Technica ATH-AD700x. It's perfect for me, so thank you for bringing it to my attention @Tacanacy.

Anyway, thank you again for the help.

hd650 are nice, but probably over you budget with aud prices

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."