Best CPU for Esport Titles

Hi.I will build a computer for myself in a week or two with the purpose of playing games such LoL and Overwatch that don't require much horsepower at 1080p 144fps,since I will be getting a Asus VG248QE.I think that a gtx 1060 will be able to get me that and 8gb of ram is more than enough,but I don't know if I should get a I5-7600k on a z270 motherboard or a Ryzen 5 1600 on a b350 motherboard.I'm thinking that the games that I will be playing don't need more than two cores and then the ipc and core clock come into play more than extra cores.I also don't know if I should get a gtx 1060 3gb or 6gb,since Overwatch uses 2gb of vram on ultra(don t quote me on that) and I don't mind turning down the settings if I hit a Vram limitation in other games.So leave down bellow your opinion about what cpu I should buy,if the 1060 6gb is worth 80€ more than the 3gb version for my needs or even give me a completely seperate list of a gaming pc(budget is 1300€ with monitor included).Thanks for reading!

Ryzen seems to struggle in Dota 2 a lot for some reason but in other e-sports games, I have seen it perform well enough.

Yes, the i5 will give you more FPS but Ryzen still should get you to hit that 144FPS in these titles. Depends on what you want to do. If you also want to record or stream using x264 then Ryzen will be definitely a better choice. Otherwise, just for gaming, the i5 will be a bit better.

I would get the R5 1600 just because you get more for your money and it's more future proof, if you can say so :D

R5 1600 is a better pick, maybe less avg FPS than an unlocked OC'd i5 but cheaper, more futureproof and more powerful. Easily enough for 144hz, I built a PC with R5 1600 & 144Hz monitor recently for my friend who plays CS:GO competitively, it's easily enough for hitting 144FPS and stutters less than an i5 :)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

5 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

R5 1600 is a better pick, maybe less avg FPS than an unlocked OC'd i5 but cheaper, more futureproof and more powerful. Easily enough for 144hz, I built a PC with R5 1600 & 144Hz monitor recently for my friend who plays CS:GO competitively, it's easily enough for hitting 144FPS and stutters less than an i5 :)

What grapgics card does your friend have?

Just now, InsanityWolf said:

What grapgics card does your friend have?

I chose an MSI GTX 1060 6GB Gaming X, that's due to RX 580s still being overpriced as hell here :)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

Just so you know, the GTX 1060 6GB isn't just a 1060 3GB with 3GB extra VRAM.

The gpu itself of the 1060 3GB is cut down compared to the 1060 6GB, (1280 vs 1152 CUDA cores).

I would get a 1060 6GB or RX 570-580, with the AMD cards the GPU itself is the same so the 4GB performs exactly the game as the 8GB model if you clock them the same.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

I say both the i5 and 1600 will give you 144fps, but the 1600 will be better in everything other than gaming because it has more cores and threads.

i5 though my performance is very good.

MAD-BOX Ryzen 1600X - ASRock X370 Killer SLI - Sapphire R9 Fury NITRO+  -Fried it... RIP

Xeon e5640 4.35ghz, CoolerMaster Seidon 240V, ASUS P6X58D-E, DDR3 8GB 1636mhz CL9, Sapphire Fury Nitro OC+, 2x Stone age storage @ 7200RPM, Crucial 960GB SSD, NZXT S340, Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution, Steelseries RIVAL, Mechanical Metal keyboard, Boogie Bug Aimb mouse pad.

i5 for max performance, only get Ryzen if you want to stream.

please get 16gb of ram and the extra VRAM for the GPU, you'll be glad.

Trust me, it'll save you more money when you actually realize you shoulda just spent the extra couple dollars to get better performance instead of getting a new card.

3 hours ago, DannyRyu said:

please get 16gb of ram and the extra VRAM for the GPU, you'll be glad.

Trust me, it'll save you more money when you actually realize you shoulda just spent the extra couple dollars to get better performance instead of getting a new card.

I'd have go get a 75hz monitor or no ssd for that.

32 minutes ago, InsanityWolf said:

I'd have go get a 75hz monitor or no ssd for that.

75hz?

either way I have an SSD and a 144hz monitor, want to know something?

honestly didn't make a difference, the SSD has amazing boot times and CS:GO matches I'm almost always the first one in.

But other than that it really is just overrated

1 hour ago, DannyRyu said:

75hz?

either way I have an SSD and a 144hz monitor, want to know something?

honestly didn't make a difference, the SSD has amazing boot times and CS:GO matches I'm almost always the first one in.

But other than that it really is just overrated

Ok then I guess I'll skip the ssd for now and get 144hz monitor and 16gb of ram and a gtx1060 6gb.If I were to get a 75hz monitor I would just get a pentium and a rx 560

Ok guys I found the answer,thanks to everyone that participated in this