$40 Asus ROG 1080ti from Ebay!!! Please Read!!!

MTGKING

Since like 1am, there has been a ton of extremely cheap high end graphics cards put on ebay by several different sellers. At first I though it was a typo, then I found more. 

They are definitely scams but if you want to take your chances, you will be covered by the Ebay Buyer Protection Guarantee. 

[Links removed]

They're all scams.

Also, ebay links not allowed on the forum

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

Probs a scam, also you break forum rule and you most likely a bot anyways. Also they include stock photos which i never trust unless it retailer. 

"Returns:
Seller does not offer returns."

Magical Pineapples

Just now, MTGKING said:

I went ahead and bought a Asus ROG Strix 1080ti for $40. I know it's WAAAYYYYYY to good to be true, but I can always get my money back through EBay's buyer protection guarantee if I don't actually get it.

Why worth the hassle? They could technically send you a empty box. 

Magical Pineapples

Its a scam, The sellers buy a few things on eBay, create another account to buy there stuff and they get 100% feedback, have seen it all before. 

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

they are ALWAYS SCAMS, seriously we are getting threads like this DAILY, DON'T BE STUPID, if it's to good to be true (like 6% the normal price) it's a SCAM, really starting to wonder if you folks posting these threads are actually the scammers trying to get your links out there before this site shuts you down.

Buy one.

MAD-BOX Ryzen 1600X - ASRock X370 Killer SLI - Sapphire R9 Fury NITRO+  -Fried it... RIP

Xeon e5640 4.35ghz, CoolerMaster Seidon 240V, ASUS P6X58D-E, DDR3 8GB 1636mhz CL9, Sapphire Fury Nitro OC+, 2x Stone age storage @ 7200RPM, Crucial 960GB SSD, NZXT S340, Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution, Steelseries RIVAL, Mechanical Metal keyboard, Boogie Bug Aimb mouse pad.

I'm not one of the scammers, I was just wondering what's going on. And I didn't know you couldn't post ebay links. sorry about that

either all scams or those are mining cards which i wouldnt even try. They could be all dead

2 minutes ago, Sgt. ShadoWolf said:

either all scams or those are mining cards which i wouldnt even try. They could be all dead

Mining don't kill cards.

MAD-BOX Ryzen 1600X - ASRock X370 Killer SLI - Sapphire R9 Fury NITRO+  -Fried it... RIP

Xeon e5640 4.35ghz, CoolerMaster Seidon 240V, ASUS P6X58D-E, DDR3 8GB 1636mhz CL9, Sapphire Fury Nitro OC+, 2x Stone age storage @ 7200RPM, Crucial 960GB SSD, NZXT S340, Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution, Steelseries RIVAL, Mechanical Metal keyboard, Boogie Bug Aimb mouse pad.

9 minutes ago, fixitnow said:

Its a scam, The sellers buy a few things on eBay, create another account to buy there stuff and they get 100% feedback, have seen it all before. 

No, the accounts are just hacked accounts, they don't create new accounts. Notice how one of the 2 accounts was made in 2002, and the other was made in 2009, someone who is planning to scam people would not make an account over a decade before they get around to doing it.

Just now, Evolution90 said:

Mining don't kill cards.

Um... yeah it does.

it doesn't usually kill cards, but it wears them down, and sometimes it does kill them.

if you mine with only your card, the chances of it specifically dying are low.

if you mine with 10,000 cards, then you will have multiple dead cards every week. [citation needed, IDK how many actually die.]

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

Just now, Comic_Sans_MS said:

No, the accounts are just hacked accounts, they don't create new accounts. Notice how one of the 2 accounts was made in 2002, and the other was made in 2009, someone who is planning to scam people would make an account over a decade before they get around to doing it.

Oh yeah, oops

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

1 minute ago, RadiatingLight said:

Um... yeah it does.

it doesn't usually kill cards, but it wears them down, and sometimes it does kill them.

if you mine with only your card, the chances of it specifically dying are low.

if you mine with 10,000 cards, then you will have multiple dead cards every week. [citation needed, IDK how many actually die.]

Gaming does the same thing, so in that breath we can all say that using a GPU kills them.

Stupid.

1 minute ago, Sgt. ShadoWolf said:

miners wouldn't sell that cheap, they would LIE and say it wasn't mined with and try to get the full used value out of them, not sell them for pennies on the dollar, part of the miner profit comes from recouping as much of the card cost as possible at the end of mining, even if you mined with 1080ti's from the DAY they launched until now none of them would have paid out what they cost once offset for electrical costs, they would need to make HUNDREDS off the sale of 1080ti's just to turn a profit after 5 months of mining.

3 hours ago, Daniel644 said:

miners wouldn't sell that cheap, they would LIE and say it wasn't mined with and try to get the full used value out of them, not sell them for pennies on the dollar, part of the miner profit comes from recouping as much of the card cost as possible at the end of mining, even if you mined with 1080ti's from the DAY they launched until now none of them would have paid out what they cost once offset for electrical costs, they would need to make HUNDREDS off the sale of 1080ti's just to turn a profit after 5 months of mining.

well either way they are scams and who knows it could be some brain lacking individual who thinks he can sell dead cards. idk im just guessing since none of us has one of the suppossed cards in our hands

2 minutes ago, Evolution90 said:

Gaming does the same thing, so in that breath we can all say that using a GPU kills them.

Stupid.

Yes.

everything dies sometimes.

mining just puts it under stress for far longer.

imagine a GPU that is gamed on for 4 hours a day. maybe it will die in 10 years, either due to fan failiure, or simply just random dying.

mining, 24 hours a day, will make it die in a little over a year and a half. so it DOES significantly shorten the lifespan, simply because it's under load more.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

They are scams. They are all scams. This has come up repeatedly. They are ALL scams. 

Just now, Sgt. ShadoWolf said:

well either way they are scams and who knows it could be some brain lacking individual who thinks he can sell dead cards. idk im just guessing since none of us has one of the suppossed cards in our hands

Yeah, i'm almost tempted to actually try getting one just to see what I actually get. I mean if Ebay will refund me for getting a falsely advertised product, I have nothing to lose. Then again, is it worth the hassle?

5 minutes ago, Evolution90 said:

Stupid.

There's a difference between 100% load for a few hours a day (not all components, and not always mind you, there are load zones and menus and such) and 100% GPU usage on almost all components for 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

Just now, RadiatingLight said:

Yes.

everything dies sometimes.

mining just puts it under stress for far longer.

imagine a GPU that is gamed on for 4 hours a day. maybe it will die in 10 years, either due to fan failiure, or simply just random dying.

mining, 24 hours a day, will make it die in a little over a year and a half. so it DOES significantly shorten the lifespan, simply because it's under load more.

Yes, but what if you bought a gaming card from a fat slob who games 24/7, drinks MT dew all week long, masturbates instead of sleeping? they exist..

2 minutes ago, MTGKING said:

Yeah, i'm almost tempted to actually try getting one just to see what I actually get. I mean if Ebay will refund me for getting a falsely advertised product, I have nothing to lose. Then again, is it worth the hassle?

PLEASE DON'T, all that happens is Ebay or Paypal has to give you the money back because the scammer has already taken the money and run, the scammer gets the money and keeps running the scam under a new account, it's Ebay and Paypal that get screwed when you get refunded, not the scammer, he's long gone.

Just now, Evolution90 said:

Yes, but what if you bought a gaming card from a fat slob who games 24/7, drinks MT dew all week long, masturbates instead of sleeping? they exist..

It still wouldn't be under load all 24 of those hours though.

Just now, MTGKING said:

It still wouldn't be under load all 24 of those hours though.

Would have his load all over it though the dirty bastard..  tut tut :P