Best budget case

dreamlight

Hey everyone, as the title says I'd like to know the best budget case, sff preferably

1 minute ago, dreamlight said:

Hey everyone, as the title says I'd like to know the best budget case, sff preferably

Define budget. $30? $60$? $100?

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

what mobo form factor?

4 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Define budget. $30? $60$? $100?

$50 or under

2 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

what mobo form factor?

Micro and mini

2 minutes ago, dreamlight said:

Micro and mini

For Micro, Cooler Master N200

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119274

For Mini, Fractal Design Define Nano

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811352061

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

It's UK amazon but this is cool

EDIT: Updated link

Current Build:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 // Mobo: Ryzen AM4 B350 GAMING PLUS ATX // RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MHz // GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX 580 Gaming 8GB // SSD: Kingston A400 120GB // HDD: 3 x WD Blue 1TB // PSUCorsair 650M // Case: Corsair 450D // Monitor: LG Ultrawide 29" IPS

Plex Server:

CPU: AMD FX 8350 Black Edition // Mobo: Gigabyte - GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 Micro ATX // RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz // GPU: GeForce GTX 670 // HDD: Seagate BarraCuda 2TB // PSU: Kolink Core Series 500W 80 Plus Certified // Case: AVP Viper Mini Tower

Other:

PS4 Pro // PS3 // Nintendo Switch (Pokemon edition) // Nintendo 3DS // Xbox 360 // iPhone 8 Plus // Macbook Retina 2013

4 minutes ago, Rhyss said:

It's UK amazon but this is cool

I'd suggest changing the link slightly, opening it gives me the 100r. He would probably need the 88r, but either case would also be a good option.

7 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

I'd suggest changing the link slightly, opening it gives me the 100r. He would probably need the 88r, but either case would also be a good option.

Ah god, cheers buddy! Updated :)

Current Build:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 // Mobo: Ryzen AM4 B350 GAMING PLUS ATX // RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MHz // GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX 580 Gaming 8GB // SSD: Kingston A400 120GB // HDD: 3 x WD Blue 1TB // PSUCorsair 650M // Case: Corsair 450D // Monitor: LG Ultrawide 29" IPS

Plex Server:

CPU: AMD FX 8350 Black Edition // Mobo: Gigabyte - GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 Micro ATX // RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz // GPU: GeForce GTX 670 // HDD: Seagate BarraCuda 2TB // PSU: Kolink Core Series 500W 80 Plus Certified // Case: AVP Viper Mini Tower

Other:

PS4 Pro // PS3 // Nintendo Switch (Pokemon edition) // Nintendo 3DS // Xbox 360 // iPhone 8 Plus // Macbook Retina 2013

Just now, dreamlight said:

I'm a big fan of the sleek look of the fractal design case , but does it have decent airflow?

Very decent. It comes with two fans, adding a third to the front will probably give you even better and optimal airflow. The entire sides of the front panel are ventilated about 3/4th of an inch. The downside is it is an mITX, so you'll be locked into that motherboard form factor but if'youre okay with that then this is a really good option. 

I do also want to mention this new cooler master case. It's VERY new, so there aernt many reviews yet, but so far the few reviews it has are good (might be too gamery for you)

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119324&cm_re=master_box_lite-_-11-119-324-_-Product

6 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Very decent. It comes with two fans, adding a third to the front will probably give you even better and optimal airflow. The entire sides of the front panel are ventilated about 3/4th of an inch. The downside is it is an mITX, so you'll be locked into that motherboard form factor but if'youre okay with that then this is a really good option. 

I do also want to mention this new cooler master case. It's VERY new, so there aernt many reviews yet, but so far the few reviews it has are good (might be too gamery for you)

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119324&cm_re=master_box_lite-_-11-119-324-_-Product

That would be the perfect case if it wasn't for the colored edges and led fans , although those I can replace

1 minute ago, dreamlight said:

That would be the perfect case if it wasn't for the colored edges and led fans , although those I can replace

Technically the only one available is the black one which has no colored edges (so no red or white). It still comes with white LED fans though... it Is mATX though so it provides more flexibility than the nano does.

9 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Technically the only one available is the black one which has no colored edges (so no red or white). It still comes with white LED fans though... it Is mATX though so it provides more flexibility than the nano does.

It's definitely something I'll keep in mind, thanks for your help

In my country you can get a decent case for about $30-40

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

21 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

This is incorrect.

It doesn't come with the LED fans, and it includes the red, white and black trim in the box.

2 minutes ago, Kommanche said:

This is incorrect.

It doesn't come with the LED fans, and it includes the red, white and black trim in the box.

Oh neat! I kinda like the modularity feature, and the fact they include all three in the box for anyone wanting one but not the other.

i recommend the sharkoon MA series. i bought two MA-A1000 and one MA-M1000 and can't say anything bad about them. (there is also a W1000 wich has a window in the side panel)

• good build quality for the price (around 35 bucks) - no sharp edges and does not feel like it's going to fall apart when you move it around 
  • decent cooling options (comes with a 140mm in the front and a 120mm in the back,  another 120 or 140mm can be added to the side panel, it also has a filtered inlet on the bottom)
  • lots of space for a mATX case - can either take a long graphics card or extra HDDs (you can remove a HDD mounting plate to make room for the graphics card)