DH-15 vs DH-14?

AuraDesru

I currently have a I7 4790K OCED to 4.4ghz on all cores at 1.202v

Sometimes it's reaching 80c on load but generally around 70-80c (Haven't seen it gone over 83C yet)

I was planning on switching to air cooling from my seidon 120v AIO.

I'm looking at the prices for the DH-15 and the DH-14 and its a 18 dollar difference.

Is it actually worth it to go with the DH-15 in comparison with the DH-14.

Would I be fine with a DH-14?

DH-15 is great, DH-14 isn't as there are many other coolers with similar or less price that looks less ugly

What's your budget?

2 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

DH-15 is great, DH-14 isn't as there are many other coolers with similar or less price that looks less ugly

What's your budget?

I'm willing to spend the money on the DH-15 but if I don't have to. I'd rather not have to spend the money...

I just want a noticeable improvement over my AIO currently. 

It's also getting real hot in oregon right now with temps going up to 90-100f.

I'm hoping switching to an air cooler will be helpful to lowering it down by 10-20c

4 minutes ago, AuraDesru said:

I'm willing to spend the money on the DH-15 but if I don't have to. I'd rather not have to spend the money...

I just want a noticeable improvement over my AIO currently. 

It's also getting real hot in oregon right now with temps going up to 90-100f.

I'm hoping switching to an air cooler will be helpful to lowering it down by 10-20c

I mean I know 120mm AIO's aren't great, and air cooler cans beat them, a 280mm AIO would be better along with a delid if temps are much of an issue, my i7 7700k on 5.2GHz on 1.44v rarely hits 78°C on the cores with a delid and a 240mm custom loop. 

Yours faithfully

Just now, Lord Nicoll said:

I mean I know 120mm AIO's aren't great, and air cooler cans beat them, a 280mm AIO would be better along with a delid if temps are much of an issue, my i7 7700k on 5.2GHz on 1.44v rarely hits 78°C on the cores with a delid and a 240mm custom loop. 

I'm not going to do watercooling just because I have the fear of leakage. Half of the reason why I'm buying a new cooler.

I have this paranoia that my computer is going to shit itself in college for some reason. So I bought a new PSU because of the fear of it blowing up or damaging my parts. I'm currently buying a new cooler because of the fear of leakage. I know its rare for this leakage incident to happen but I dont want to be the one that actually gets the leakage.

Just now, AuraDesru said:

I'm not going to do watercooling just because I have the fear of leakage. Half of the reason why I'm buying a new cooler.

I have this paranoia that my computer is going to shit itself in college for some reason. So I bought a new PSU because of the fear of it blowing up or damaging my parts. I'm currently buying a new cooler because of the fear of leakage. I know its rare for this leakage incident to happen but I dont want to be the one that actually gets the leakage.

Then why did you overclock if you have paranoia about it breaking haha. However in mission critical systems, it is better to air on the side of safety, the DH-15 is however a very good cooler. The chances of a good liquid loop leaking if you use high quality fittings is slim, but the sword of Damocles does always hang over your head

Yours faithfully

1 minute ago, Lord Nicoll said:

Then why did you overclock if you have paranoia about it breaking haha. However in mission critical systems, it is better to air on the side of safety, the DH-15 is however a very good cooler. The chances of a good liquid loop leaking if you use high quality fittings is slim, but the sword of Damocles does always hang over your head

My paranoia is unreasonable and really fucking stupid. I've had the seidon 120v for around 3 years and I've always had the pump and the radiator fan running max speed always because the fractal 1000 has trash airflow.

Knowing that the DH-15 is a good cooler. Is it really worth spending 18 more dollars to get the DH-15 over the DH-14?

My paranoia is unreasonable and really fucking stupid. I've had the seidon 120v for around 3 years and I've always had the pump and the radiator fan running max speed always because the fractal 1000 has trash airflow.

Knowing that the DH-15 is a good cooler. Is it really worth spending 18 more dollars to get the DH-15 over the DH-14?

Neither of those coolers will fit in the Core 1000 if my maths are right, you'll have to buy another AIO or find a new case for the cooler, as they're really large. I'll google it again and see, but I don't think it'll work with the side panel on. 

Yours faithfully

Just now, Lord Nicoll said:

Neither of those coolers will fit in the Core 1000 if my maths are right, you'll have to buy another AIO or find a new case for the cooler, as they're really large. I'll google it again and see, but I don't think it'll work with the side panel on. 

I'm getting a thermaltake v21 with the DH14 OR DH-15.

I'm getting a thermaltake v21 with the DH14 OR DH-15.

Perfect, there should be a little bit of room left over for it. The NH D-15 is about 5°C to 10°C cooler than the NH D-14, which is a big difference for noise and RPM balancing if you want to reduce them, but that depends on if you consider that worth $18, I don'r know what $18 is to you, I spent £45 on liquid metal TIM and didn't think anything of it, so I might not be the best person to consider value. 

Yours faithfully

3 minutes ago, Lord Nicoll said:

Perfect, there should be a little bit of room left over for it. The NH D-15 is about 5°C to 10°C cooler than the NH D-14, which is a big difference for noise and RPM balancing if you want to reduce them, but that depends on if you consider that worth $18, I don'r know what $18 is to you, I spent £45 on liquid metal TIM and didn't think anything of it, so I might not be the best person to consider value. 

You have stats on the difference between the Seidon 120v and the DH-14?

If you can't find a D15 or 14 in stock, take a look at the Cryorig R1 Ultimate

I own one personally, and it's kept my overclocked 5820k under 70 degrees while rendering in Premiere with minimal noise

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

Just now, shadowbyte said:

If you can't find a D15 or 14 in stock, take a look at the Cryorig R1 Ultimate

I own one personally, and it's kept my overclocked 5820k under 70 degrees while rendering in Premiere with minimal noise

R1 and the DH-15 are the same exact price on amazon lmao

1 minute ago, AuraDesru said:

You have stats on the difference between the Seidon 120v and the DH-14?

generally the NH D-14 would beat any other 120mm, so I'd expect the same, and the NH D-15 would beat it again. 

Yours faithfully

It's only 18 dollars. That's like a typical fast food trip for 2. 

Just now, Mooshi said:

It's only 18 dollars. That's like a typical fast food trip for 2. 

I could save up for escape from tarkov with 18 dollars too.

19 hours ago, Lord Nicoll said:

How how many PCs were you planning to build?

30 minutes ago, ravenshrike said:

How how many PCs were you planning to build?

Technically none, it's for delidding CPUs and overclocking.

Yours faithfully

5 minutes ago, Lord Nicoll said:

Technically none, it's for delidding CPUs and overclocking.

K, that makes a bit more sense.

45 minutes ago, ravenshrike said:

K, that makes a bit more sense.

yeah, plus the 5G conductanaut wasn't that much more than the 1G, shipping was an ass though. 

Yours faithfully