24 pin to 14 pin adapter

Yehomilk

Hello :D

I'm looking for a power supply to power a gtx 1050 ti ftw, but can't find any 14 pin ones. Would an adapter be a reliable option?

what do you mean you can't find one , is it becuase they dont have them locally or they are beyond your price range or?

Because there are hundreds of compatible power supplies available to buy online.

4 minutes ago, WereCat said:

14-pin...what? What motherboard do you have?

probably one of those proprietary dell/lenovo/etc. motherboards, i rmb those having a 14-pin mobo connector.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

um 14pin? you sure its not a PCI 6 pin and a 8 pin? that would make more sense if its for a GPU.

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

no, i mean instead of having a 24 pin power cable, the motherboard has a 14 pin one. I couldn't find any 14 pin power supplies with pci-e connectors though

3 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

um 14pin? you sure its not a PCI 6 pin and a 8 pin? that would make more sense if its for a GPU.

Yes there are some weird HP motherboards that have 14pin connector instead of 24.

I have seen those in comapany that I work at.

I haven't seen any of those PSUs in store ... they are mostly sold only together with those PCs.

And probably under 350W since those are enterprice PCs without dedicated GPUs.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

11 minutes ago, Yehomilk said:

no, i mean instead of having a 24 pin power cable, the motherboard has a 14 pin one. I couldn't find any 14 pin power supplies with pci-e connectors though

5 minutes ago, Simon771 said:

Yes there are some weird HP motherboards that have 14pin connector instead of 24.

I have seen those in comapany that I work at.

I haven't seen any of those PSUs in store ... they are mostly sold only together with those PCs.

And probably under 350W since those are enterprice PCs without dedicated GPUs.

well then its an OEM thing and you either have to wire the PSU connection yourself or go with a diffrent motherboard

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

56 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

well then its an OEM thing and you either have to wire the PSU connection yourself or go with a diffrent motherboard

not really, looks like there's 14-pin adaptors for motherboards, so he can use a regular psu just fine.

https://www.amazon.com/Power-Supply-Adapter-Cable-Lenovo/dp/B00WE5KSFQ

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

1 hour ago, Yehomilk said:

ive been here before lol, you can make this work with a normal ATX PSU, just let the 24-pin overhang the 14-pin socket :) its kinda scary but does work, you may need to cannibalise the 24-pin a little bit to get it to sit in the 14-pin socket.

I hereby abstain from any and all responsibility regarding the information i have just provided :) (Don't burn your house down haha)

Home PC:

CPU: i7 4790s ~ Motherboard: Asus B85M-E ~ RAM: 32GB Ballistix Sport DDR3 1666 ~ GPU: Sapphire R9 390 Nitro ~ Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-03 ~ Storage: Kingston Predator 240GB   PCIE M.2 Boot, 2TB HDD, 3x 480GB SATA SSD's in RAID 0 ~ PSU:    Corsair CX600
Display(s): Asus PB287Q , Generic Samsung 1080p 22" ~ Cooling: Arctic T3 Air Cooler, All case fans replaced with Noctua NF-B9 Redux's ~ Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion ~ Mouse: Cheap Microsoft Wired (i like it) ~ Sound: Radial Pro USB DAC into 250w Powered Speakers ~ Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise x64

Work PC:

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1275 v3 ~ Motherboard: Asrock E3C226D2I ~ RAM: 16GB DDR3 ~ GPU: GTX 460 ~ Case: Silverstone SG05 ~ Storage: 512GB SATA SSD ~ Displays: 3x1080p 24" mix and matched Dell monitors plus a 10" 1080p lilliput monitor above ~ Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise x64