2 medium pc streaming or 1 strong pc streaming

deceneu1

hi can somebody give me an advice .

which one is the best choice ? buying a capture card and streaming from my actually 2 computers ? 

gaming pc : gtx 1060 + i7 4790k . 16 gb ram etc 

streaming pc : fx 6350 + r9 380x nitro 8 gb rami etc 

OR selling both of them and buying an i7 7700k + a gtx 1080 . 16 ram etc . 

whats the best thing to do ? i want to stream cs go . which of this 2 setups will be better? 

I would easily go with 1 strong PC. I would go with Ryzen however since they have more cores which would be beneficial for streaming/gaming at the same time.

• CPU = i7 5930k
  • Cooler = Corsair H100i
  • RAM = Dominator Platinum 32GB DDR4-2666
  • Storage = Samsung 850 Pro 1TB
  • GPU = EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW3
  • PSU = Corsair 750D
  • PSU = Corsair 1000W
  • Monitor = Asus PG278Q

2 minutes ago, deceneu1 said:

hi can somebody give me an advice .

which one is the best choice ? buying a capture card and streaming from my actually 2 computers ? 

gaming pc : gtx 1060 + i7 4790k . 16 gb ram etc 

streaming pc : fx 6350 + r9 380x nitro 8 gb rami etc 

OR selling both of them and buying an i7 7700k + a gtx 1080 . 16 ram etc . 

whats the best thing to do ? i want to stream cs go . which of this 2 setups will be better? 

Well your gaming pc is fine to stream as well but if u really wanted to get a new system I would go with ryzen instead especially if your going to be streaming you would get better performance for the price. 

Current Rig=  AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus Crosshair Hero VIII, EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ultra, 32gb Corsair Vengence Pro RGB 3000hz White, EVGA 750 P2 PSU, 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 500gb samsung 860 evo, 250GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 2TB seagate firecuda sshd,  LianLi PC 011 Dynamic XL ROG edition, Corsair h150i elite capelix

1, two is just a waste of money, especially when only 3 people watch your stream.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Get a r7 1700

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN RESPONDING

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

New TOS RUINED the meme that used to be below :( 

if you already have a second rig available, its a nice option, especially if your stream is of the sort where the cost of a capture card is an easy decision.

but as previously mentioned.. for small time streamers the extra cost, space requirement (remember, two towers, each with a display, keyboard, and mouse), and setup work isnt worth the potential increase in production quality.

Get a 1700, beats the 7700k to a pulp in streaming.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

the thing is i already have those 2 computers , i dont mind to have 2 comps 3 screens etc , my question is , should i buy a capture card and connect those 2 or should i sell both of them and make 1 strong ? which will perform better ?

i dont really want to make a new one cuz takes alot of time , i want an opinion , which is better a new strong pc or i can go with this 2 which i have and buy capture card to connect them . but if a new one is alot better i will go with a new one

Unless you have several thousand dollars to make both PCs very powerful, one will be better.

Are you making thousands of dollars a month from streaming? No? Then maybe stop wasting money...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

3 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Unless you have several thousand dollars to make both PCs very powerful, one will be better.

Are you making thousands of dollars a month from streaming? No? Then maybe stop wasting money...

well.. 4790k does the gaming stuff very well, the other rig is a bit of a relic tho.. wouldnt call awesomeness on its streaming performance. that said, all he'd need to do is buy a capture card and he'd be up and running now (he said cs:go, dont need more than a 1060 for cs:go).

the other option is flipping all he has now, and buying all new gear, which is a bit more involved.

that said.. cs:go... for fucks sake just use the 4790k & 1060.. it's plenty..

thx . and enderman you dont need to make thousands of pounds to make a computer , is just passions and its a hobby , and i,m not a famous streamer but i,m a good csgo player

23 minutes ago, deceneu1 said:

thx . and enderman you dont need to make thousands of pounds to make a computer , is just passions and its a hobby , and i,m not a famous streamer but i,m a good csgo player

Just FYI I didn't see what you said, please quote or tag.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

18 hours ago, manikyath said:

well.. 4790k does the gaming stuff very well, the other rig is a bit of a relic tho.. wouldnt call awesomeness on its streaming performance. that said, all he'd need to do is buy a capture card and he'd be up and running now (he said cs:go, dont need more than a 1060 for cs:go).

the other option is flipping all he has now, and buying all new gear, which is a bit more involved.

that said.. cs:go... for fucks sake just use the 4790k & 1060.. it's plenty..

18 hours ago, deceneu1 said:

Then you can literally just encode with NVENC or quicksync and get perfectly fine streaming quality.

I highly doubt that the three people that watch will be able to see a difference, especially since most people watch at lower quality due to slow internet.

The only reason to spend thousands of dollars on a streaming setup is if it is actually your job and you make lots of money from it.

Spoiler

5 hours ago, Enderman said:

The only reason to spend thousands of dollars on a streaming setup is if it is actually your job and you make lots of money from it.

if you need the edge in production quality to grow your channel as a buisiness, is probably the better way of putting things.

it's not because you get hella dough out that you need to put hella dough back in, its because when it becomes a buisiness, growth isnt only important, its essential.

39 minutes ago, manikyath said:

if you need the edge in production quality to grow your channel as a buisiness, is probably the better way of putting things.

I can tell you right now that having slightly better encoding quality will make ZERO difference in getting noticed streaming.

Spoiler

Just now, Enderman said:

I can tell you right now that having slightly better encoding quality will make ZERO difference in getting noticed streaming.

exactly why i said "as a buisiness".

a small stream isnt a buisiness ;)