Alternate Way of Bending Hardline Tubing

I recently purchased the Thermaltake Pacific RL240 D5 Hard Tube Water Cooling Kit, and am planning on bending the tube instead of having straight runs connected via 90 Degree fittings and so forth purely from a cost and point of failure standpoint, and I was wondering if there are alternate ways of bending tubing aside from a heat gun, as i dont have a heatgun and would avoid buying one if possible.for clarification the tubes in the kit are V-Tubler PETG Tube 16mm(5/8") OD and 12mm ID, and i have 2m of it.

Cheers!

23 minutes ago, iS0T0NiX said:

snip

You can test a hair dryer I guess but I think you will have to hold it very close to the source.

On an unrelated note, just thought to let you know that your radiator is aluminium in that kit so please keep an eye for signs of corrosion through mixed metals. Or consider swapping the radiator out for a more standard copper/brass radiator.

why not use soft tubing :P

HArdline tubing can bend if the cooling water reaches 50°C, which is not really hard ot achieve when you oc and run a 240 rad with low rpm fans

There are alternatives but you will see on you tube, you really want the way that is proven to give the best quality.

Bending pipes is a really old process that crosses several trades. I learnt to bend copper and plastic using a steel spring and a heat gun. Now days the steel spring has been replaced with silicon which is so much better because the spring leaves a spiral pattern. Old guys tell me in the past they filled pipes with sand before heating with a blow torch

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Just now, Tiwaz said:

why not use soft tubing :P

why not go with copper tubing and braze all the connections. no leaks. no shitty plastic bending. plus it looks cooler

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

13 minutes ago, Tiwaz said:

Glass transition of PETG is about 88 degrees so 50 would not cut it. My PETG is still rock solid at those temperatures.

53 minutes ago, iS0T0NiX said:

I remember another guy in the past dipped his PETG + silicon insert into boiling water bath and supposedly had good succes. never tried it myself tjoigh.

33 minutes ago, For Science! said:

Glass transition of PETG is about 88 degrees so 50 would not cut it. My PETG is still rock solid at those temperatures.

I remember another guy in the past dipped his PETG + silicon insert into boiling water bath and supposedly had good succes. never tried it myself tjoigh.

i have read i think on this forum where people at least claimed that curved bends can bend themselves once the liquid hits around 50°C

Buy the heat gun after you have all the parts and return it when you are done. That's what I plan to do.

13 hours ago, iS0T0NiX said:

I recently purchased the Thermaltake Pacific RL240 D5 Hard Tube Water Cooling Kit, and am planning on bending the tube instead of having straight runs connected via 90 Degree fittings and so forth purely from a cost and point of failure standpoint, and I was wondering if there are alternate ways of bending tubing aside from a heat gun, as i dont have a heatgun and would avoid buying one if possible.for clarification the tubes in the kit are V-Tubler PETG Tube 16mm(5/8") OD and 12mm ID, and i have 2m of it.

Cheers!

If you have a gas stove that would work too. It's how I did my bends. Just turn the flames low and keep the tube spinning above it around 20cm/8inches.

CPU: i7-12700KF Grill Plate Edition // MOBO: Asus Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 // RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 FE // PSU: Corsair RM750i // CASE: Thermaltake Core X71 // BOOT: Samsung Evo 960 500GB

STORAGE: WD PC SN530 512GB + Samsung Evo 860 500GB // COOLING: Full custom loop // DISPLAY: LG 34UC89G-B

With Kung Fu Chi power. or Telekinesis

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5saXZlc2NpZW5jZS5jb20vaW1h

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Theres a few heatguns to bend hardline tubes and honestly i would prefer spending the 15 bucks rather than break a few tubes which will cost the same

CPU: Intel Core i9-10900K  MOBO: ROG MAXIMUS XII FORMULA GPU: 2080ti Hall of Fame 10th anniversary limited edition  PSU: Asus ROG THOR 1200W  COOLER: Optimus foundation black acetal RADS: 3x EKWB CoolStream PE 360  LOOP: EKWB torque HDC fittings / EKWB ZMT 15,9/9,5mm / EKWB CryoFuel Clear MONITOR: Acer predator X34