Nearly perfect video games

17 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

I'm curious what flaws you noticed in Uncharted 4 and The Last of Us?

Saw a dude "playing" Uncharted 4 at a house. You sit there for 20mins watching a cut scene and then have a 5min break to actually play the game.

9 hours ago, Droidbot said:

Simpsons Hit And Run

OOOH THE MEMORIES. It was like a kids version of GTA 5. Without the killing. :P 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

23 minutes ago, dexT said:

Saw a dude "playing" Uncharted 4 at a house. You sit there for 20mins watching a cut scene and then have a 5min break to actually play the game.

I don't think the cutscenes were that long.  I agree that some games (possibly this) have overly long cutscenes that break up gameplay too much.  

I like the Uncharted games.  They're fun and the scenery is great. 

8 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

I don't think the cutscenes were that long.  I agree that some games (possibly this) have overly long cutscenes that break up gameplay too much.  

I like the Uncharted games.  They're fun and the scenery is great. 

I think I'm too old lol, ruined by the fast pace and difficulty of 8 and 16bit games. These movie games are boring and take too long to complete for the amount of gameplay you get.

Just my opinion and I'm sure it's great if someone is into that.

32 minutes ago, dexT said:

I think I'm too old lol, ruined by the fast pace and difficulty of 8 and 16bit games. These movie games are boring and take too long to complete for the amount of gameplay you get.

Do you mind if I ask your age?

Just now, Bleedingyamato said:

Do you mind if I ask your age?

Just now, dexT said:

I'm 29 almost 30.  I think I was born a few years too late to have a NES OR SNES or PS1.  

Though I didn't get a GameBoy color until I was in 5th grade and my first home console (PS2 original version) until my sophomore year of high school (2003 I think?) so I kind of missed out on 8 and 16 bit games.  

Though I have a few NES and SNES games on my Wii.  Like the Mega Man games and Mario.

You want hard?  Those any Mega Man game is moderately tricky.    Especially X8.  I couldn't get anywhere in that because it was too hard for me..  ? 

8 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

I'm 29 almost 30.  I think I was born a few years too late to have a NES OR SNES or PS1.  

Though I didn't get a GameBoy color until I was in 5th grade and my first home console (PS2 original version) until my sophomore year of high school (2003 I think?) so I kind of missed out on 8 and 16 bit games.  

Though I have a few NES and SNES games on my Wii.  Like the Mega Man games and Mario.

You want hard?  Those any Mega Man game is moderately tricky.    Especially X8.  I couldn't get anywhere in that because it was too hard for me..  ? 

My friends and family gamed since I can remember so I got to start on C64 and NES.

I play original Game Boy a lot, more than PC probably right now. Check out Gargoyle's Quest.. it's an RPG basically but instead of random turnbased battles it's random platforming levels. You're Firebrand from Ghosts and Goblins. Oh, and NES Ghosts and Goblins if you want try something stupid hard.

25 minutes ago, dexT said:

My friends and family gamed since I can remember so I got to start on C64 and NES.

I play original Game Boy a lot, more than PC probably right now. Check out Gargoyle's Quest.. it's an RPG basically but instead of random turnbased battles it's random platforming levels. You're Firebrand from Ghosts and Goblins. Oh, and NES Ghosts and Goblins if you want try something stupid hard.

If that's using emulators idk about those sorry.  

13 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

If that's using emulators idk about those sorry.  

No these 

20170722_120520.jpg

1 hour ago, dexT said:

I find myself very happy enjoying pretty much any kind of games. I always try to recognize the strong points of whatever I'm playing, but I try to keep it modern, I don't believe that movies/games/music were better before, I strongly believe pretty much everything is better now, the difference is that we have a lot more to choose. So I'm able to enjoy like a kid RIVE and Uncharted 4.

P.D. I'd fucking love if Two Tribes is able to launch RIVE in physical edition for Switch. Hell, I'm surprised they're still alive. I know digital is better in almost every way, I'm not one of those guys, I recognize having physical editions today is pretty much for your ego... I'm fine with that! Yes, I want physical editions so I can fill my house of little objects that remind me all the time how good of a time I had with every game!

24 minutes ago, Tiz said:

I find myself very happy enjoying pretty much any kind of games. I always try to recognize the strong points of whatever I'm playing, but I try to keep it modern, I don't believe that movies/games/music were better before, I strongly believe pretty much everything is better now, the difference is that we have a lot more to choose. So I'm able to enjoy like a kid RIVE and Uncharted 4.

P.D. I'd fucking love if Two Tribes is able to launch RIVE in physical edition for Switch. Hell, I'm surprised they're still alive. I know digital is better in almost every way, I'm not one of those guys, I recognize having physical editions today is pretty much for your ego... I'm fine with that! Yes, I want physical editions so I can fill my house of little objects that remind me all the time how good of a time I had with every game!

I'm not saying old games are better but the 2D games sure are better than newer 2D stuff. Legit AAA titles.

1 minute ago, dexT said:

I'm not saying old games are better but the 2D games sure better than newer 2D stuff. Legit AAA titles.

I guess we find ourselves in a matter of opinion.

Games like Rayman Origins, Rayman Legends, Ori and the Blind Forest, Super Meat Boy, RIVE, Shovel Knight, Braid, Limbo, Inside, Not a Hero, Penarium are just a few of hundreds with incredible quality IMO...

Among those few I mentioned you already have legendary art, soundtracks, gameplay and even stories which I find missing in older games.

No one is going to know this one... Vindictus is perfect in terms of combat, and skill levels... Except when it lags. 

pokemon heartgold/soulsilver, cuz its got the most to do in a pokemon game ive seen and it had amazing graphics

also super smash bros melee, the perfect fighting game. sure theres things like wobbling but its absolutly amazing

yeahyuz

Star Trek Online. I know it has several faults as an MMORPG and whatnot, but it's still giving me the best Star Trek experience (Bridge Crew is fun but lacks content).

STO lets me:

- Fly some of the most awesome ships scifi has ever given us.

- Ram a smaller ship with a bigger one, allowing me to survive while they are wrecked.

- Use as over complicated and inefficient tactics as I want (in PvE). STO has a lot of options even if just a handful of them make up the most efficient build.

- Fight ground missions managing and supporting my away team.

- Punch an annoying Ferengi.

- Hang around in various bars, gambling and chatting with some great people.

1 hour ago, dexT said:

No these 

20170722_120520.jpg

Unfortunately I don't have a GameBoy color anymore.  I'd sold it to help pay for a GameBoy Advance when that was released.  Then I'd sold that to get a GBA SP and that to get a DS.  

I see Pokemon Yellow and Zelda!

1 hour ago, Tiz said:

I guess we find ourselves in a matter of opinion.

Games like Rayman Origins, Rayman Legends, Ori and the Blind Forest, Super Meat Boy, RIVE, Shovel Knight, Braid, Limbo, Inside, Not a Hero, Penarium are just a few of hundreds with incredible quality IMO...

Among those few I mentioned you already have legendary art, soundtracks, gameplay and even stories which I find missing in older games.

Limbo is very good.  I wish there'd be sequels.  

9 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Unfortunately I don't have a GameBoy color anymore.  I'd sold it to help pay for a GameBoy Advance when that was released.  Then I'd sold that to get a GBA SP and that to get a DS.  

I see Pokemon Yellow and Zelda!

Limbo is very good.  I wish there'd be sequels.  

Sequels? No man! That's what makes Playdead (studio from Limbo and Inside) so good! They went with a new IP! Come on people, I think we have more than enough sequels in the industry, please, encourage new IPs with your money, remember that the sequels you love were new IPs too!

3 minutes ago, Tiz said:

Sequels? No man! That's what makes Playdead (studio from Limbo and Inside) so good! They went with a new IP! Come on people, I think we have more than enough sequels in the industry, please, encourage new IPs with your money, remember that the sequels you love were new IPs too!

Sequels aren't bad when they're done right.  That being said new IPs are nice.  

1 hour ago, tatte said:

Star Trek Online. I know it has several faults as an MMORPG and whatnot, but it's still giving me the best Star Trek experience (Bridge Crew is fun but lacks content).

STO lets me:

- Fly some of the most awesome ships scifi has ever given us.

- Ram a smaller ship with a bigger one, allowing me to survive while they are wrecked.

- Use as over complicated and inefficient tactics as I want (in PvE). STO has a lot of options even if just a handful of them make up the most efficient build.

- Fight ground missions managing and supporting my away team.

- Punch an annoying Ferengi.

- Hang around in various bars, gambling and chatting with some great people.

I liked STO for a little while but I pretty much gave up on it because I sucked at it.

I never could figure out how to get the best gear and so both my ships and my character were super weak even though I was max level.  

2 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Sequels aren't bad when they're done right.  That being said new IPs are nice.  

I don't know man... I still value more a bad new idea rather than a good old one.

And I'm pretty sure that if everyone did the same we would live in a better world.

11 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

I liked STO for a little while but I pretty much gave up on it because I sucked at it.

I never could figure out how to get the best gear and so both my ships and my character were super weak even though I was max level.  

Are we talking about PvE or PvP? Because I wouldn't even touch PvP, people spend way too much time and there's always someone better.

You'd probably want fleet gear, easy enough (grinding, lot's of it) to obtain and very decent. One damage type, cannons+turrets or plain beams (no mixing) and boff skills to support that. Only among type specific tactical consoles and there you have it, the very basics of a build that does adequately in PvE. I'd also go with either Fed or KDF, since Romulans are still basically just a half of a faction.

Full power to weapons!

(I'm a filthy casual and getting drunk tonight, so maybe I shouldn't say anything at all. Just trying to be friendly and helpful. ._. Besides, you always need Klingons to bail you out of trouble, that's the way of the Star Trek! Qapla'!)

Just now, tatte said:

Are we talking about PvE or PvP? Because I wouldn't even touch PvP, people spend way too much time and there's always someone better.

You'd probably want fleet gear, easy enough (grinding, lot's of it) to obtain and very decent. One damage type, cannons+turrets or plain beams (no mixing) and boff skills to support that. Only among type specific tactical consoles and there you have it, the very basics of a build that does adequately in PvE. I'd also go with either Fed or KDF, since Romulans are still basically just a half of a faction.

Full power to weapons!

(I'm a filthy casual and getting drunk tonight, so maybe I shouldn't say anything at all. Just trying to be friendly and helpful. ._. Besides, you always need Klingons to bail you out of trouble, that's the way of the Star Trek! Qapla'!)

My main character/ships were Fed.  PvE I guess?  That's just normal game right?

I never joined a fleet or figured out crafting so I was kind of screwed.  lol

14 hours ago, NewTechNicks said:

This is way to wide of a question. Kingdom hearts is the first game that comes to my head because of the story, creativity, and immersive-ness. when it comes to fluid controls I have yet to find a game that can compete with Black Ops 3 with it's 3D like playstyle (running on walls, double jumping, accurate gun mechanics, etc...

You must be joking. Please tell me you are joking.

2 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

My main character/ships were Fed.  PvE I guess?  That's just normal game right?

I never joined a fleet or figured out crafting so I was kind of screwed.  lol

Oh yeah, there's your problem then. (Crafting is pretty nuts nowadays, joining a fleet would be the best bet for decent gear.) Fleets are a lot of fun too!