Best Fittings and PETG Tubing

I need help finding the best ID 3/8 OD 1/2 PETG Tubing and fittings to go with it. I am pretty aware that it's better to get same company tubing and fittings so I will try to do that, also completley ignore price for performance unless you have a good suggestion for a good price friendly combo of tubing and fittings. And as a side note incase any of you know, a few people have been mentioing that the EK Cryo-Fuel either does cause problems with PETG and some people are saying it doesn't, I really don't know but if any of you know by heart whether or not I should be worried or not that would be greatly appreciated (Link to the Cyro-Fuel: https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-cryofuel-blood-red-concentrate-100-ml)

Retrowave

Air cooled version of my first PC.

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K

Cooler: Corsair H150i PRO

Thermal Compound: Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Thermal Paste

Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS X HERO (WI-FI AC)

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3600 Memory

SSD: Samsung 960 Pro 512Gb M.2-2280 Solid State Drive

SSD 2: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive

HDD: WD Black 6TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

HDD 2: Seagate Barracuda PRO 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3

Case: LIAN LI O11 Dynamic XL

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 1000W 80+ Platinum Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

Case Fans: Corsair LL120

Fan Controller: Corsair Commander Pro

Set Up

• Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite
  • Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow X Chroma
  • Mousepad: Steelseries QcK Gaming Mousepad
  • Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278QR
  • Audio
    • AMP: Sennheiser GSX1000
    • Headphones: Sennheiser 58X
    • Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III
  • Oculus Rift + Touch 3 Sensor Roomscale Setup

I really want to get the "EK-HD PETG Tube 10/12mm" but I don't what company fittings or what fittings I have to get to make a loop. I am going to have to two loops (one cpu and two-way sli gpu). Here are produ ts: Two EK-XTOP Revo D5 PWM - Plexi (incl. sleeved pump) for each loop | Two EK-RES X3 250 for each loop | Two EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Strix - Nickel with EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Strix Backplate - Black backplate for each graphics card (Two-way SLI) | One EK-Supremacy EVO RED Edition for the CPU | I know this is a lot of stuff but I would really appreciate ANY help. Thanks :)

Retrowave

Air cooled version of my first PC.

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K

Cooler: Corsair H150i PRO

Thermal Compound: Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Thermal Paste

Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS X HERO (WI-FI AC)

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3600 Memory

SSD: Samsung 960 Pro 512Gb M.2-2280 Solid State Drive

SSD 2: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive

HDD: WD Black 6TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

HDD 2: Seagate Barracuda PRO 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3

Case: LIAN LI O11 Dynamic XL

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 1000W 80+ Platinum Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

Case Fans: Corsair LL120

Fan Controller: Corsair Commander Pro

Set Up

• Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite
  • Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow X Chroma
  • Mousepad: Steelseries QcK Gaming Mousepad
  • Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278QR
  • Audio
    • AMP: Sennheiser GSX1000
    • Headphones: Sennheiser 58X
    • Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III
  • Oculus Rift + Touch 3 Sensor Roomscale Setup

It doesnt matter for the fittings it depends on what colour you wanting to have your loop

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

1 hour ago, G3ORG3Douj88 said:

I really want to get the "EK-HD PETG Tube 10/12mm" but I don't what company fittings or what fittings I have to get to make a loop. I am going to have to two loops (one cpu and two-way sli gpu). Here are produ ts: Two EK-XTOP Revo D5 PWM - Plexi (incl. sleeved pump) for each loop | Two EK-RES X3 250 for each loop | Two EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Strix - Nickel with EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Strix Backplate - Black backplate for each graphics card (Two-way SLI) | One EK-Supremacy EVO RED Edition for the CPU | I know this is a lot of stuff but I would really appreciate ANY help. Thanks :)

Cryofuel is alright to use with PETG as it's not ethylene glycol based, as for fittings and tubing as long as they are the same exact size they will work. Bitspower is considered to be some of the best out there but pricey. Also other than aesthetics why do two loops you don't gain performance this way but lose out the total collective cooling potential from isolating the rads from each section. 

-Topics Merged- 

My advice would be to get fittings from the same supplier as the fittings to minimize potential incompatibilities. Compression fittings are better than push-in fittings so to keep it simple, anything out of here would be good - https://www.ekwb.com/shop/fittings/compression-hdc/for-12mm-7-16-od-tubing. If you get Bitspower fittings I would recommend getting CrystalLink tubing.

I will also say that dual-loops are probably worse than having 1 loop in terms of performance so its probably better to have 1 loop. Look at my buildlog in my signature (Version water!) for an example of a 2-way SLI + CPU loop in a compact case.

On 7/21/2017 at 10:08 PM, G3ORG3Douj88 said:

I need help finding the best ID 3/8 OD 1/2 PETG Tubing and fittings to go with it. I am pretty aware that it's better to get same company tubing and fittings so I will try to do that, also completley ignore price for performance unless you have a good suggestion for a good price friendly combo of tubing and fittings. And as a side note incase any of you know, a few people have been mentioing that the EK Cryo-Fuel either does cause problems with PETG and some people are saying it doesn't, I really don't know but if any of you know by heart whether or not I should be worried or not that would be greatly appreciated (Link to the Cyro-Fuel: https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-cryofuel-blood-red-concentrate-100-ml)

BitsPower is the best. If you want something a little bit cheaper Barrow is second best. similar design but same type of quality.

Just make sure you go with same system. Do not mix Imperial tubing & metric fittings, They will not work together.

EK coolant will work with PETG. The Coolant is still pretty new to the market, So there not really a track record for the coolant yet.

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon

5 hours ago, Revan654 said:

The Coolant is still pretty new to the market, So there not really a track record for the coolant yet.

Yes, but it is at least well documented. With new products coming to the market (and becoming popular) like the fluid gaming series, the only way to keep check of compatibility is with good documentation. Other companies are failing to keep up, and as a result there issues with certain coolants despite them being marketed as "compatible". This is why I recommend EK-CryoFuel, because It is essentially distilled water + additives that I understand chemically and justifies the marketed claims.

8 hours ago, For Science! said:

Yes, but it is at least well documented. With new products coming to the market (and becoming popular) like the fluid gaming series, the only way to keep check of compatibility is with good documentation. Other companies are failing to keep up, and as a result there issues with certain coolants despite them being marketed as "compatible". This is why I recommend EK-CryoFuel, because It is essentially distilled water + additives that I understand chemically and justifies the marketed claims.

It has some but not fully document & testing data like Mayhem has. Mayhem actually test most of the tubing on the market & releases an updated chart every few weeks with new results.

Don't even get me started with there gaming series.

Just now, Revan654 said:

It has some but not fully document & testing data like Mayhem has. Mayhem actually test most of the tubing on the market & releases an updated chart every few weeks with new results.

Don't even get me started with there gaming series.

Can you link me to the documentation? All I can find (or have found, anyway) are MSDS sheets on their website saying "10% glycerol" or "99.8 % Ethylene Glycol". I would love to know what biocide, and corrosion inhibitors they are using.

Mick didn't seem to point me to any more accurate documents, so I would love to see the ones you have seen.

Just now, For Science! said:

Can you link me to the documentation? All I can find (or have found, anyway) are MSDS sheets on their website saying "10% glycerol" or "99.8 % Ethylene Glycol". I would love to know what biocide, and corrosion inhibitors they are using.

Mick didn't seem to point me to any more accurate documents, so I would love to see the ones you have seen.

Allot of it was from talking to mayhem & some from forum post from Mayhem. I can post data chart of what tubing work & doesn't work with there tubing if you want.

Just now, Revan654 said:

Allot of it was from talking to mayhem & some from forum post from Mayhem.

I know of this chart, but it is not what I'm after. With knowledge of the chemical constituents and the corresponding documentation, you can derive these without too much hassle. EK-CryoFuel is distilled water + additives that have maximum chemical compatibility. If you rely on testing, to a degree you will be one step behind all the time; I will wait how long until Mayhems releases a statement about the Fluid Gaming series.

If you know anything about the constituents, please write them down and I will follow up with Mayhems personally, since so far they seem to be quite adamant to keep it closed.

On the otherhand, CryoFuel has 2 corrosion inhibitors and a biocide .

2-ethylhexanoic acid - Corrosion inhibitor

5-methyl benzotriazole - Corrosion inhibitor

methylisothiazolinone - Biocide

And from this I can say these things: There is no glycol or glycerol in EK-CryoFuel and is therefore compatible with PETG as well as Acrylic (and other metallic tubes). The biocide is not copper sulphate, and so can be used in systems that have for example, aluminium in it, and the ethylhexanoic acid will act as a pH regulator as well an anti-corrosive. Even if the tubing had crazy amounts of plasticizer (Which ethylhexanoic acid has a problem with), 5-methyl benzotriazole will still remain active and so should cover most grounds.

This is the level of documentation I expect as a minimum to be able to recommend a coolant/

Mayhems XT1 is Ethylene Glycol (or maybe propylene glycol, but neither Mick or Mayhems seem to be on top of this). Mayhems X1 is glycerol, and so is the pastels. The only problem is that the pastel component of the pastel is completely undocumented and so who knows how well it works with things. Clearly they had issues with Thermaltake radiators, but they still maintain on their website that it is ok with aluminium; but now it is likely to be having issues with the Fluid Gaming series too.

Just so that I dont come off with the wrong tone, this isn't an issue unique to Mayhems. Primochill is completely documented (not even glycerol vs ethylene glycol), Thermaltake also doesn't disclose what's in the C1000 series. EKWB is the only company that has the documentation that at least points towards the chemicals that conduct the marketed function.

I'm sure Mayhems and other undocumented coolants behave okay for the vast majority, but in the absence of documentation we can only rely on testimonials. As an example, we do not know if the biocides in the Mayhems products are based off Mayhems Extreme Biocide (Copper sulphate) or some other undocumented substance. If it is copper sulphate, there are implications for compatibility - probably (hopefully) they use something else, but we do not know. So this is why I hesitate to recommend coolants that I do not know what their formulations are.