Best PCIe Wireless Network Card?

truezywoozy

Hello!  So I'd like to know what the best PCIe Wireless networking cards i could get.  I would go with Ethernet, but i cant run a 50' cable through a floor and ran across the ceiling of another.  And my internet provider apparently doesn't let you install a better router (from what I've read)  So i was just wonder what the best one would  

1 minute ago, truezywoozy said:

my internet provider apparently doesn't let you install a better router (from what I've read)

which internet provider? 

6 minutes ago, truezywoozy said:

Hello!  So I'd like to know what the best PCIe Wireless networking cards i could get.  I would go with Ethernet, but i cant run a 50' cable through a floor and ran across the ceiling of another.  And my internet provider apparently doesn't let you install a better router (from what I've read)  So i was just wonder what the best one would  

have you thought about a powerline adapter?

Main PC | AMD R7 3700X | Noctua D14 | MSI RTX 2080 Super XS OC | Corsair Vengence LPX 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | MSI B550A Pro | 1TB PNY XLR8 NVMe SSD | Kingston A400 960GB SSD | 2TB Western Digital Green HDD | Fractal Design Define R6TG |

Laptop (Asus TUF FX505DY) | AMD R5 3550H | RX560X | Crucial DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | Western Digital SN550 256GB SSD | PNY CS900 960GB SSD |

Phone | Samsung S10 Lite (128GB + 128GB SD card) |

Other Cool Stuff | Steam Link | Sontronics Podcast Pro | NZXT Hue+ | Corsair K70 MK 2 (MX Brown) | Logitech G402 | HiSense A7300 43 Inch 4K TV | Logitech C920 | Ender 3 Pro with Bulleye Fan duct and BLTouch |Sony PS4 | Nintendo Switch 

9 minutes ago, truezywoozy said:

You can set up a router in wireless AP mode these days. That's how I get around the crappy 802.11 b/g box AT&T provided.

As for best hardware... Anything made by Intel.

6 minutes ago, truezywoozy said:

i would recommend TP-Link (TL-WDN4800)  it has work great for me even when playing video games over WiFi. Everything works great i would recommended it 10/10 i barely experience any issues. https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Wireless-Express-Adapter-TL-WDN4800/dp/B007GMPZ0A/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1500486456&sr=1-1&keywords=tp%2Blink%2Bpci%2Bexpress%2Badapter&th=1

MSI Radeon R9 270X 

Carbide Series SPEC-02 

AMD Black Edition FX‑6300 3.5 GHz

970 MSI gaming motherboard.

Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 

HHD 1TB

Kingston HyperX FURY 8GB 1866MHz DDR3

12 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

which internet provider? 

Fios

7 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

You can set up a router in wireless AP mode these days. That's how I get around the crappy 802.11 b/g box AT&T provided.

As for best hardware... Anything made by Intel.

Like?

1) A crap router with a great wifi adaptor on the client is still a crap connection.  You may be wasting your money.

2) I'm PRETTY sure you can just throw that FIOS Router/Modem into Bridge mode and toss in any router you want after that.

3 minutes ago, truezywoozy said:

Like?

I don't have specific examples. If I'm going to find a wireless adapter card, I sort by Intel, then figure out what card meets my needs.

I may look at how recent it is (so I'm not buying an 802.11ac card from when the standard was still in the draft stages), but that's about it.

Verizon FIOS uses a Moca router of sorts. It has a Coax port on it, as its used to help with the TV service. Technically if your internet service was provisioned using the Ethernet port on the ONT, you could use any router you choose. 

To be clear, its not a Modem/router combo, Fiber Internet doesnt use a modem. The OP could see if Verizon could provision the Ethernet port on the ONT. OR could buy a new AP and use that for wireless. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.