Good or just a false alarm?

https://www.worldcoinindex.com/coin/ethereum . The price of Ethereum is going down by alot compared to where it was months ago. Will it possibly jump back up? Will gamers and people who are putting their "Building a new rig" on hold get to see a ray of hope?

Even stock markets have cyclical fluctuations.  Cryptocurrency is much newer though, so who knows.  Always hedge your bets.  You may not make as much as you could but you also won't be out as much if things go bad.

1 minute ago, PineyCreek said:

Even stock markets have cyclical fluctuations.  Cryptocurrency is much newer though, so who knows.  Always hedge your bets.  You may not make as much as you could but you also won't be out as much if things go bad.

Well, since I don't mine and am currently waiting for the price of GPU to go down, I am hooping for some good news but not getting my hopes up though cause who knows what's gonna happen

Even if it does go down it'll take a while before it's reflected in GPU prices.

1 minute ago, Zed_ said:

Well, since I don't mine and am currently waiting for the price of GPU to go down, I am hooping for some good news but not getting my hopes up though cause who knows what's gonna happen

Ah...I see.  I got my 1080Ti FTW3 recently for a stupid high price by my estimation (close to $800 (USD)) then watched it shoot up another $100 the following month.

Just now, OriAr said:

Even if it does go down it'll take a while before it's reflected in GPU prices.

yea, I figured.

Just now, PineyCreek said:

Ah...I see.  I got my 1080Ti FTW3 recently for a stupid high price by my estimation (close to $800) then watched it shoot up another $100 the following month.

ooh, I am going for 1070 and thought of waiting so when the prices comes down I can fit another things, with the extra cash, on my build

If you can wait, wait.  If not, then TekSyndicate recently put out a video talking about how you could get a pre-built computer, resell the parts you don't want, and keep the ones you do.

29 minutes ago, PineyCreek said:

If you can wait, wait.  If not, then TekSyndicate recently put out a video talking about how you could get a pre-built computer, resell the parts you don't want, and keep the ones you do.

"TekSyndicate"

"Recently"

Choose one, or the other.

But that has been their and a lot of YouTuber's advice for building PC's on the cheap. Purchase a second gen i5 prebuilt HP/Dell and slap a 100-130 dollar videocard in there.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

7 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

It will die just like Bitcoin, with no chance of some other newer cryptocurrency taking its place in viability

Oh wait...

lol

Just now, Minibois said:

"TekSyndicate"

"Recently"

But that has been their and a lot of YouTuber's advice for building PC's on the cheap. Purchase a second gen i5 prebuilt HP/Dell and slap a 100-130 dollar videocard in there.

Geez.  Just trying to give the person some options.  If it's any consolation to you in particular the video I'm referring to made particular note of how the recommendation would rub people the wrong way.

You'll likely be waiting a while for the prices to go down unless there's a large panic or collapse in value.  Card makers don't want to oversupply where there's a sudden shift in the market and then their cards go super cheap.  You either compromise for a cheaper card or acquire it in a different manner like from a prebuilt system or secondhand seller, or you eat the cost.  It depends on how long you can wait.  I definitely ate the cost on my 1080Ti, fortunately before the costs got even higher.  The AMD's are seeing even more demand because they're better at hashing.

1 hour ago, huilun02 said:

It will die just like Bitcoin, with no chance of some other newer cryptocurrency taking its place in viability

Oh wait...

I didn't know being $2,500 means it's dead.

2 hours ago, Minibois said:

"TekSyndicate"

"Recently"

You know they changed their name back to TekSyndicate, right? So recently would be correct.

In fact the video in reference is from 3 days ago..

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

When dealing with Cryptocurrencies, only invest money that you're okay losing.

You cant predict what will happen. You might end-up lucky and be the next millionaire or you might end-up losing your investment.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X | MOBO: Gigabyte B550 Vision D | RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 32GB 3600MHz | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision D | PSU: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 750W

1 hour ago, Virus__ said:

You know they changed their name back to TekSyndicate, right? So recently would be correct.

In fact the video in reference is from 3 days ago..

3 hours ago, PineyCreek said:

Geez.  Just trying to give the person some options.  If it's any consolation to you in particular the video I'm referring to made particular note of how the recommendation would rub people the wrong way.

Well now i feel like an ass, sorry for being so snarky @PineyCreek

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, Minibois said:

Well now i feel like an ass, sorry for being so snarky @PineyCreek

No worries.  I go from zero to snark in 0.5 seconds on occasion too :P

5 hours ago, PineyCreek said:

You'll likely be waiting a while for the prices to go down unless there's a large panic or collapse in value.  Card makers don't want to oversupply where there's a sudden shift in the market and then their cards go super cheap.  You either compromise for a cheaper card or acquire it in a different manner like from a prebuilt system or secondhand seller, or you eat the cost.  It depends on how long you can wait.  I definitely ate the cost on my 1080Ti, fortunately before the costs got even higher.  The AMD's are seeing even more demand because they're better at hashing.

https://www.worldcoinindex.com/coin/ethereum it's falling like a truck. Still not getting my hopes up.