Cripo mining is killing the pc market for the most of us

OK. now not to rant . but I will

I have graciously saved what i can and. watched review after review. all the things that we all recommend we do before we purchase

I am have a really  issue with matching a monitor with graphic card

1070 $800 1080 $900. 144hz $800 1080p $500  all $AUD

Over kill on the gpu and under in the monitor. or over on the monitor and not enough on the gpu. 

And all I'm hearings the with mining cards are out of stock and the ones that are are way over priced 

This  currency is not going main stream anytime soon. And as we know and technology is only good for 7yr Max.

Until is can be regulated it is not going to be with more the what people invest and even then with ransom ware using it as a transaction method is not going to be a supportive argument   , and please remember people are still trying to regulate medicinal marijuana for the past 100 yrs. So why cripocurrency in 5yrs???. I'm at a loss why people keep trying. unless you can make money from the actual currency generated it will not go further than very expensive SLI setup and unfavourable transaction practices 

No bank is going to allow someone  to print money. the stock market requires tanagble transactions. and the price is based on the ability to "mine" that is clearly driven but the ability to source the equipment to do it. so in affect the success of mining will in fact become it's limitation . this may increase it value (supply and demand) but what can you use it for when it is unregulated???.

Either way the majority of us cannot evolve (upgrade) with limitations from unrelated markets. 

Hats of who maybe able to absorb the affects of  this current era.

And opened this is a bit of a "vent" 

And I'll guess we should just sit tight for a bit. .....

Guess what I want for Christmas :)

Seen a few of these vents alredy. 

Its just a thing you deal with, literally cant do anything about it.

Smoking weed at the red light like its legal

It will get better soon.

https://whattomine.com/

Check this link, how much profit does single GTX 1070 make now. It used to be 10$ per day, when everyone started buying GPUs of the market. Now it came down to around 1 or 1,5$ profit per day per GTX 1070 GPU.

And it keeps going down. 

Miners are going to sell those used GPUs very soon, and vendor will also have a lot of stock ready to sell. Some vendor bought a lot of those GPUs from manufactures due that insane sales on GPUs. But now no1 will be buying GPUs for mining anymore, and they are left with pretty big stocks. So they will have to lower the prices to get rid of those stocks.

And when miners will start selling those used GPUs ... some of them will be only couple month old, so still okay GPUs. Mining doesn't do a lot of harm in that kind of time span.

Anyway ... it will get a lot better in next 1-2 months. Just keep an eye on prices from vendors, and also check website where they sell used GPUs around your area. 

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

thankyou , 

I was thinking, the banking industry is a Trillion dollar intensity, and the gaming industry a billion dollar industry, yet cripo currency , is a million dollar industry  and concentrated on a small percentage of that, 

while Graphic card manufactures have different view on the sale of their current stock levels and sales with inventory projections base on assumption ans cash low projections, BUT  -  what about the gaming producers , non of the miners are buying games to play on their 15 - 30 GPU SLI setups,?? are they?? ( thats a hell of a frame rate?? :D)  

and , ( while opinionated and based on my own thoughts) are the rest of us  are left considering whether we should purchase a new game if our current computer cannot produce the games intended  experience ( or the one we what form the purchase)

Im not going to pay $100 pr a game that I cannot run properly)????

34 minutes ago, Simon771 said:

4 minutes ago, DiceAtlas said:

thankyou , 

I was thinking, the banking industry is a Trillion dollar intensity, and the gaming industry a billion dollar industry, yet cripo currency , is a million dollar industry  and concentrated on a small percentage of that, 

You didn't look at his link did you?

First of all everyone and their mom are starting a cryptocurrency at the moment but if you look at the data just eth has a market cap of 1 billion +. The amount of money going around in it is way bigger then you think. 

Crypto mining, bad for non-miner consumers, great for stores and manufacturers.

Still waiting for the price of the RX580 to drop down to near original pricing before the miners came around to finally buy a new system to replace my aging PC. Right now they are selling for nearly $100 above MSRP from legitimate stores while third party sellers are selling them at 2~3x the MSRP...

Probably won't happen any time soon though...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

3 minutes ago, NLD1st said:

First of all everyone and their mom are starting a cryptocurrency at the moment but if you look at the data just eth has a market cap of 1 billion +. The amount of money going around in it is way bigger then you think. 

my mistake - I did miss this, 

im just concerned that the "money" is fictitious and, for the most part unusable, but like I said, people are still trying to get medicinal marijuana in the main stream for the past 100 yrs. and the basic premise remains true, unless you can make money, production and product from cripto currency then it remains no more that a share price value.

- and we ALL know how the share market can work, 

no PE ratio,  and no tangible asset backing. at least real mines for gold have  based on assets and titles

look, not to get out of my knowledge zone, the issue I have is, Ive been saving, waiting, watching, review .. and now I can ...........I CANT....

that is disappointing 

10 minutes ago, DiceAtlas said:

my mistake - I did miss this, 

im just concerned that the "money" is fictitious and, for the most part unusable, but like I said, people are still trying to get medicinal marijuana in the main stream for the past 100 yrs. and the basic premise remains true, unless you can make money, production and product from cripto currency then it remains no more that a share price value.

- and we ALL know how the share market can work, 

no PE ratio,  and no tangible asset backing. at least real mines for gold have  based on assets and titles

look, not to get out of my knowledge zone, the issue I have is, Ive been saving, waiting, watching, review .. and now I can ...........I CANT....

that is disappointing 

The USD and almost all other major currencies are backed by faith and have value because someone says so. There are no physical assets tied to the dollar.

It sucks that people who want to get into gaming right now are stuck with either real low end 1050Ti cards or high end 1080 to 1080Ti cards but there isn't much that can be done right now. Just hold onto the money and wait a few months is the best advice that we can give right now.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

For one, crypto currencies are worth alot, and they do not require a 'middle man' for trust unlike traditional shitty currency like our aud. Furthermore, I can purchase anything I want with btc and with ethereum, i can withdraw it from a debit card, and it beats current inflation and interest earned from any other traditional means. 

cliffs: 

-Cryptocurrencies have been around for much longer than you think

-They are used more widely than you know

-They are worth alot more than you think

Have to agree here al least for btc. I can use it at a ton of food delivery places and online shops to buy things it is slowly being accepted as alternative currency in the Netherlands. Though as someone pointed out the other day the transaction speed is terrible slow and it can't keep the system going if everyone will start to use it. 

6 hours ago, HunterSkater429 said:

Seen a few of these vents alredy. 

Its just a thing you deal with, literally cant do anything about it.

Adults deal with things.

8 hours ago, NLD1st said:

There are 93,306,209 ETH in circulation ... so almost 17 billion just from ETH.

bitcoin have around 25 billion

So yeah it's a big industry, and I just named 2 of them. There are a lot more of others as well.

edit: https://coinmarketcap.com/

Check that link at the bottom of the page and you can see that there is for 74 billion dollars worth of crypto currency all around the world.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

I would like to apology for the vent. even through it surrounds a topic I may not full understand. it was nothing more than an opinion base on my current perspective . 

It just comes form planning and calculating what I can. then to realize I cannot get to that said level.

All about timing. the tied will swing it always does. and I guess I'm ready when it does.

If you mine   sorry of is seemed out of line and  if you don't mine. maybe we can set up a mining second hand site to give the miners a place to sell and for us to buy ( not just eBay) 

And I guess there rxVega some time......

I wouldn't worry for to much longer, Crypto Currency has been in a nose dive this past week and is down like 20-50% in value depending on the coin since last month when the crypto-mining craze reignited there is something changing with Bitcoin this next week and it could go either way, it could crash hugely (which would actually be a good time to buy some or it could rebound. people really just need to realize it's not worth buying cards to mine with anymore, you are better off just using that cash to buy currency when values drop then sell when they rise