Can a Fan destroy a Radiator

Just wanted to ask if a platic fan can destroy a radiator when it grinds very soft against a raidator, because on my h110i i have a very high piched but realy quiet grinding sound when i hold my ear against the radiator. Also i can only hear it when the fans are on a realy low rpm, when they are on a high rpm this sound isn´t there. Could it be that the sound comes from the Fans? 

7 minutes ago, Flauschi said:

Just wanted to ask if a platic fan can destroy a radiator when it grinds very soft against a raidator, because on my h110i i have a very high piched but realy quiet grinding sound when i hold my ear against the radiator. Also i can only hear it when the fans are on a realy low rpm, when they are on a high rpm this sound isn´t there. Could it be that the sound comes from the Fans? 

Sound is most likely coming from the fans

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Just now, MrJarhead said:

you sure its not coming from the pump?

no its coming form the radiator/fan

You mean the fan is grinding against the radiator?

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

Probably yes

1 minute ago, Jamiec1130 said:

You mean the fan is grinding against the radiator?

13 minutes ago, Flauschi said:

I doubt the fan is touching the radiator. It sounds like you have Corsair's patented noisy-fan-motor-technologyTM. I have never seen any company sell fans as obnoxiously noisy as corsair.

What fans are you using?

If it is the fans grinding against the radiator it's probably time to get new fans, it'd mean the fan isn't sitting flush with the housing for whatever reason. the blades shouldn't be able to go past the housing.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

1 minute ago, RKRiley said:

What fans are you using?

If it is the fans grinding against the radiator it's probably time to get new fans, it'd mean the fan isn't sitting flush with the housing for whatever reason. the blades shouldn't be able to go past the housing.

I am using the fans that came in the box with the h110i. And they already got stuck on time (but that was my fault because i tried to stop them with my finge and yes that was absolutly stupid) 

10 hours ago, Flauschi said:

If its under warranty RMA it but other wise go buy some washers.

A fan could damage a radiator if it grinds against it or the blades smash into it but it's probably not grinding and it's just your fan making the noise 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016