Girlfriends

chimmychunger

that's sad :(

Why is it sad?

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @ 4.2 GHz; GPU: Asus STRIX & Gigabyte g1 GTX 1070 SLI; RAM: 16 GB Corsair vengeance 3200 MHz ; Mobo: Asrock Taichi x470; SSD: 512 gb Samsung 950 Pro Storage: 5x Seagate 2TB drives; 1x 2TB WD PurplePSU: 700 Watt Huntkey; Peripherals: Acer S277HK 4K Monitor; Logitech G502 gaming mouse; Corsair K95 Mechanical keyboard; 5.1 Logitech x530 sound system

01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01100100 01101111 01100101 01110011 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01101101 01100001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01101111 00101110

I had a crush on a girl at my old work place. we were friends as one would be.

I really like her a lot but i just didnt know what to do, or what to say.

Eventually I asked her, out but she said she was busy with something, so i thought ok.

Later on, she started going out with a guy who worked at the same place, it seemed like everyone else knew about it in some way except me, and that hit me hard.

It felt like defeat for some reason, like i missed an opportunity

And its knocked my confidence somewhat

So.....

Looking for a job

Do you even girlfriend?

On a serious note, currently single. I have a tight group of female friends, but am too lazy to actually be bothered with a relationship.

Did have a GF for like one a half months last year though.

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

Why is it sad?

because everyone deserves someone.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Have any of you had any serious girlfriends (or boyfriends for the couple of girls here) and what age were you when you got them

Im currantly 15 have never had a non serious gilfriend or a serious girlfriend. But i have tried to get one,

You make it sound like you have to catch them.

When you stop trying they will start but girls are a lot of money and time enjoy being single while you can

Girlfriends are expensive. I tend to stick with the fwb situation... Only see them when you wanna fuck, or when they wanna fuck... Win win

CPU: Intel i7-3770k at 4.8Ghz  CPU Cooling: 320mm UT60  Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD55  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB 2133Mhz (2x8GB)  SSD: Intel 330 Series 120GB  HDD: WD 1TB Caviar Green  GPU: EVGA GTX 780 x2  Sound Card: Creative Recon3D  PSU: Raidmax RX-1000AE 1000W  Case: Arc Midi R2  Monitor: Benq XL2420T at 129Hz  OS: W8 64Bit  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate  Mouse: Logitech MX518  Mousepad: Steelseries QCK+  Headset: Turtlebeach X12 (Temp.)

I feel like that's a reference to extras, but I don't really remember.

Your name is Art Vandelay and that's a name used loads on Seinfeld, as is Bobby Saccamano.

Ryzen 5 1500x, Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4, GA-AB350N, 16GB 1600Mhz, EVGA GTX 970, 250GB Samsung 960 Evo, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB WD Green & 2TB Seagate Barracuda. 650w OCZ ZX & Cooler Master Elite 130. Acer CB241HQK 4K, LG IPS234V-PN 1080p, Ducky Zero Shine All Blue/Anne Pro Brown/SteelSeries Apex Pro & Razer Naga 2014

God, will men ever understand women...?I don't think I will anytime soon.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

im currently 20 and i have been dating her for 2 years now

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

I'm kind of puzzled by all the men saying girlfriends are expensive and that they should only focus on spending their money on their PC. I don't see why a girlfriend should be an investment, a mortgage you pay off. My girlfriend and me have been together for 5 years and we're both in engineering. She makes more than me and I'm fine with that. With our combined assets, we've been able to buy a place of our own. 

If you find a woman that constantly needs you to buy her stuff (except gifts, that should come naturally), you found the wrong woman. Also, if you spend all your money on your PC, you don't have enough hobbies.

/2 cents

Spoiler

Just a thought, but a tech forum might not be the best place to discuss "serious relationships"... maybe facebook.

I disagree. There's an off topic section for a reason.

I personally don't enjoy 9-string guitars, but that doesn't change the fact that they look awesome as hell!

i had one for a while but yeah :L

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

Your name is Art Vandelay and that's a name used loads on Seinfeld, as is Bobby Saccamano.

Man, I haven't watched that show in forever. 

Sometimes i feel that i dont care that i dont have a girlfriend, and then sometimes i do care

I'm exactly the same, my idea is that i would like to have one so i can share in the good times that matter...but be able to retain some kind of independance so she will respect my individuality as much as i support hers.

I'm exactly the same, my idea is that i would like to have one so i can share in the good times that matter...but be able to retain some kind of independance so she will respect my individuality as much as i support hers.

I agree with you wholeheartedly.

Now that I've been out of uni 6 months, I dont see many opportunities to look for someone, but some would say thats the wrong way to look at this type of thing.

But then since building my first PC, that has had my focus for the last two months.

Side note: where abouts in NZ are you?

Looking for a job

I agree with you wholeheartedly.

Now that I've been out of uni 6 months, I dont see many opportunities to look for someone, but some would say thats the wrong way to look at this type of thing.

But then since building my first PC, that has had my focus for the last two months.

Side note: where abouts in NZ are you?

Auckland Based. Used to be Wellington based last year.

Born in Palmy Nth. :D

I love how you said that as if it was the same as buying a graphics card.

ill change it i may be gatting one on wednesday  ;)

I am 32 and have had a handful of girlfriends and married twice...currently married. I have slept with tons and tons of females yet only dated a handful. Word of advice to the youngsters....use rubbers, I have had a few std's and looking back at it I am lucky I didnt get anything serious. be a slut like me or be a faithful man but always use a rubber! 

I am 32 and have had a handful of girlfriends and married twice...currently married. I have slept with tons and tons of females yet only dated a handful. Word of advice to the youngsters....use rubbers, I have had a few std's and looking back at it I am lucky I didnt get anything serious. be a slut like me or be a faithful man but always use a rubber! 

were they serious ones?

Started dating a girl at 13, was with her for over 5 years, she fucked one of my mates, that ended. Started dating another girl later on, was with her for 2 years, then she just dumped me because I always just do what she wants and never really suggest things I want to do. Cause apparently that's a legit reason.

Long story short, I'm now playing root and boot, it's a pretty good game to play

EDIT- Might as well add, just don't trust women, it's all just a mind game to them and it's better you start playing the game before they get a chance to fuck with you

WE got high experience levels over here  :D

I love how you said that as if it was the same as buying a graphics card.

Lool... He just "bought" one that why :F