Girlfriends

chimmychunger

long distance relationship?

at my age it would never work

at my age it would never work

well you could just keep in touch with each other, if she likes you enough and the two of you are patient enough due to the distance who knows someday you guys might be able to meet again

but like i said, it really needs patience, else it won't work

• 3 weeks later...

so im going on a ski trip in an hour and there will be 2 girls there that i kinda like so ill be living with them for a week so maybe i can get a gf

thread still going strong!!

It gets dug up by the OP every week or two. Doesn't quite count as "thread necroing" (digging up a month old thread by the OP itself), but goes close, just not quite there.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Have any of you had any serious girlfriends (or boyfriends for the couple of girls here) and what age were you when you got them

snep

try harder

OP:yes, it kinda sucked, being single is way more awesome :D

This guy is right! ^^

enjoy the peace and play 24/7, like i do                  

*cries*

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Most of my relationships have been long lasting and intense, then they'll eventually end for a good reason.

I had a 5 year relationship with someone, when I was a young child (so a platonic, innocent, kid relationship), then I ended it, because we were moving on from school and would barely see each other. A few years later, I ended up dating her sister, when I was 18, which lasted 2 & a half years, that was my first "adult" relationship, but I ended it because she was a compulsive liar, things just weren't working.

I'm currently in a relationship with someone I met in my department, at work. We've known each other for a year, became best friends & have been in a romantic relationship since the 1st of February, 2015. It's been said that friends don't often make good partners, unless there's a subsequent physical attraction. Sometimes you can be like best friends on top of both being deeply in love, this is how long-term relationships & permanent marriages end up; they get along forever because they are best friends as well as being in love with each other, it's a nice thing to have at the same time.

Conclusion: Let love come to you naturally, don't go looking in a thirsty way. Don't feel like you have a hole in your heart that needs to be filled, think of it like a place you can live with, but leave it there for love, when it comes along.

Most of my relationships have been long lasting and intense, then they'll eventually end for a good reason.

I had a 5 year relationship with someone, when I was a young child (so a platonic, innocent, kid relationship), then I ended it, because we were moving on from school and would barely see each other. A few years later, I ended up dating her sister, when I was 18, which lasted 2 & a half years, that was my first "adult" relationship, but I ended it because she was a compulsive liar, things just weren't working.

I'm currently in a relationship with someone I met in my department, at work. We've known each other for a year, became best friends & have been in a romantic relationship since the 1st of February, 2015. It's been said that friends don't often make good partners, unless there's a subsequent physical attraction. Sometimes you can be like best friends on top of both being deeply in love, this is how long-term relationships & permanent marriages end up; they get along forever because they are best friends as well as being in love with each other, it's a nice thing to have at the same time.

Conclusion: Let love come to you naturally, don't go looking in a thirsty way. Don't feel like you have a hole in your heart that needs to be filled, think of it like a place you can live with, but leave it there for love, when it comes along.

just as they say,

your wife is your best friend

• 2 weeks later...

It gets dug up by the OP every week or two. Doesn't quite count as "thread necroing" (digging up a month old thread by the OP itself), but goes close, just not quite there.

id rather dig up this thread than start a new one to discuss my girl troubles

speeking of girl troubles there is this girl i like, she is single but she is very (Very) close to one of her guy friends,

but we have a lot in common, we like the same bands etc

im probably gonna ask her out at the end of the school year so if she says no i wont see her for 10 weeks

speeking of girl troubles there is this girl i like, she is single but she is very (Very) close to one of her guy friends,

im probably gonna ask her out at the end of the school year so if she says no i wont see her for 10 weeks

Don't do it at the end, that's just wrong. Best to suffer through a few weeks of awkwardness of a posible "No" than do that

Buuut, what do I know? I'm just an Intel cpu and Amd gpu fanboy  :P

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

To be honest with you I find it a bit stragge that you're asking about practically every girl you like. You sound really desperate.

I'm probably quite a promiscuous individual myself. My methods used to revolve around texting girls every now and then to get to know them better then get them interested. However as an adult that's not acceptable so Wetherspoons, random bars and of course night clubs is now a massive part of my life.

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest with you I find it a bit stragge that you're asking about practically every girl you like. You sound really desperate.

I'm probably quite a promiscuous individual myself. My methods used to revolve around texting girls every now and then to get to know them better then get them interested. However as an adult that's not acceptable so Wetherspoons, random bars and of course night clubs is now a massive part of my life.

trust me im not, like my friends say pretty much anything with boobs that talks to me ill like in some way

Damn this is like the saddest thread on LTT. I'll let you guys look at my gf so you can be happy that a fellow geek has struck gold and not everybody is forever alone.

22RBJSo.jpg

Corsair 600T | Intel Core i7-4770K @ 4.5GHz | Samsung SSD Evo 970 1TB | MS Windows 10 | Samsung CF791 34" | 16GB 1600 MHz Kingston DDR3 HyperX | ASUS Formula VI | Corsair H110  Corsair AX1200i | ASUS Strix Vega 56 8GB Internet http://beta.speedtest.net/result/4365368180

Have any of you had any serious girlfriends (or boyfriends for the couple of girls here) and what age were you when you got them

Im currantly 17 have never had a non serious gilfriend or a serious girlfriend. But i have tried to get one,

ur not the only one

Damn this is like the saddest thread on LTT. I'll let you guys look at my gf so you can be happy that a fellow geek has struck gold and not everybody is forever alone.

congrats dude :D

I had my first boyfriend when I was 17. The relationship lasted a little over a year, and I am so damn happy it ended. I was obsessively in love and it really fucked up how I acted. I was stupid and abusive and the relationship was really unhealthy for both of us and I regret so much. It really put me off love and gave me even more commitment issues than I already had. He broke it off as I was still obsessively in love and I spent a year or something getting over it. I still remember how colorless the world looked for a while. But when I got out of the fog of obsessive infatuation I got more and more horrified at how I had been acting and feeling, and more and more relieved at it being over and getting over the emotions of it as well.

We don't really keep in contact but I've seen him occasionally and it's still really uncomfortable, but there are no hard feelings at least.

My second relationship was a very casual one, from my side at least, with a guy who was 23 when I was 19. It lasted some months, I don't remember exactly, and ended because he moved away to go to University. I was trying my best to keep him at a distance and the whole relationship mostly revolved around sex. I visited 2-3 times a week and we did little else. I was very comfortable with keeping it casual and I still consider it a very happy and successful relationship for me except for not being too clear on boundaries and not very well able to enforce them. I'm bad at saying no. I prefered staying only a few hours, but he seemed to want more out of it and I eventually gave in and started staying the night. I regret that we didn't ever sit down to talk about anything. I was real bad at communication.

I'm now in a very happy realationship of over a year. It's sortof long distance. He spends most of the year away at Uni. I liked him for a looooong time before we got together. About a year of serious crushing and even longer of being interrested/hot for him. Even after two relationships and pretty diverse experiences in my opinion, I still felt like a little virgin girl again. I planned all sorts of elaborate ways to get him alone somehwere so I could seduce him, but never managed to go through with it I was so nervous. Finally I pretty much just cracked and threw myself at him and we have been together since.

I've really worked hard at communicating this time because I wanted this one to really last, and fortunately he feels the same. It's actually kind of easy when you find someone you fit with, and we are really alike, both in our interests and what we want.

I feel like I am the most mature I have ever been in this relationship. It feels safe and like it is making me better.

Damn that turned into a really sappy sort of rant.

Anyways, I feel like I have learned a TON from relationships. Mainly not to let my heart run away with me and keep my brain at hand, to be firm with my boundaries and think about things and talk about things before you jump into it, and to communicate all the way and be honest about all the things.

Wow yeah, reading some of this after it's really sappy. I feel really uncomfortable now. I'm sortof not that into sharing emotions and not used to being open about my girly side at all. Also it's like 3.30 at night.

I live to read.

I had my first boyfriend when I was 17. The relationship lasted a little over a year, and I am so damn happy it ended. I was obsessively in love and it really fucked up how I acted. I was stupid and abusive and the relationship was really unhealthy for both of us and I regret so much. It really put me off love and gave me even more commitment issues than I already had. He broke it off as I was still obsessively in love and I spent a year or something getting over it. I still remember how colorless the world looked for a while. But when I got out of the fog of obsessive infatuation I got more and more horrified at how I had been acting and feeling, and more and more relieved at it being over and getting over the emotions of it as well.

We don't really keep in contact but I've seen him occasionally and it's still really uncomfortable, but there are no hard feelings at least.

My second relationship was a very casual one, from my side at least, with a guy who was 23 when I was 19. It lasted some months, I don't remember exactly, and ended because he moved away to go to University. I was trying my best to keep him at a distance and the whole relationship mostly revolved around sex. I visited 2-3 times a week and we did little else. I was very comfortable with keeping it casual and I still consider it a very happy and successful relationship for me except for not being too clear on boundaries and not very well able to enforce them. I'm bad at saying no. I prefered staying only a few hours, but he seemed to want more out of it and I eventually gave in and started staying the night. I regret that we didn't ever sit down to talk about anything. I was real bad at communication.

I'm now in a very happy realationship of over a year. It's sortof long distance. He spends most of the year away at Uni. I liked him for a looooong time before we got together. About a year of serious crushing and even longer of being interrested/hot for him. Even after two relationships and pretty diverse experiences in my opinion, I still felt like a little virgin girl again. I planned all sorts of elaborate ways to get him alone somehwere so I could seduce him, but never managed to go through with it I was so nervous. Finally I pretty much just cracked and threw myself at him and we have been together since.

I've really worked hard at communicating this time because I wanted this one to really last, and fortunately he feels the same. It's actually kind of easy when you find someone you fit with, and we are really alike, both in our interests and what we want.

I feel like I am the most mature I have ever been in this relationship. It feels safe and like it is making me better.

Damn that turned into a really sappy sort of rant.

Anyways, I feel like I have learned a TON from relationships. Mainly not to let my heart run away with me and keep my brain at hand, to be firm with my boundaries and think about things and talk about things before you jump into it, and to communicate all the way and be honest about all the things.

Wow yeah, reading some of this after it's really sappy. I feel really uncomfortable now. I'm sortof not that into sharing emotions and not used to being open about my girly side at all. Also it's like 3.30 at night.

Humans learn most effectively from their own mistakes. This applies to relationships as well. It can hurt, but the concept of learning through trial-and-error remains the same. This is also one reason why it's common for many peoples' first relationships to not last longer than a year or two at most, but exceptions aren't uncommon either.

These are just my observations though. I don't have any real experience.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

This is sad to read but the good news is you are still young. I found the best way to get a girlfriend is to not try just be yourself and life has its ways. I have had two serious relationships in my life 1st I was 16 and it lasted 3 years and second I was 19 and it lasted 4 years hopefully third time is the charm. I would say to you don't worry about it having a gf isn't everything and it sometimes can be a bad thing especially in my case as it meant I had to pass on seeing certain other people that's not to say I didn't find time to squeeze a couple other people in to the non relationship mix but it certainly makes it difficult.

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

I'm married on my 3rd year, so you can say I have a serious girfriend.

You make it sound like it's a limited time ordeal "on my 3rd year" sounds like a countdown [emoji1]

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

You make it sound like it's a limited time ordeal "on my 3rd year" sounds like a countdown [emoji1]

In the grand scheme of everything, I guess it is limited thing. At some point, one of us will die or we will get divorced.

As my wife usually says: "We are either getting divorced, or we will die trying".

But hopefully, we will be able to replicate my parents, who have been together for almost 35 years.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

In the grand scheme of everything, I guess it is limited thing. At some point, one of us will die or we will get divorced.

As my wife usually says: "We are either getting divorced, or we will die trying".

But hopefully, we will be able to replicate my parents, who have been together for almost 35 years.

well best of luck not getting divorced

• 2 weeks later...

so i wanted to wait a while before posting this just to see were it goes

i go to school with this girl, we talk at school a fair bit and from what i can tell we enjoy each others company, we used to work together so we know each other decently well. i have just recently started talking to her on facebook, general i start the conversation but we do joke around quiet a bit. Im planning to ask her out in a few weeks. I just want some advice on what to say between now and then, she also likes meme's if that helps

thx :P

Im currantly 17 have never had a non serious gilfriend or a serious girlfriend. But i have tried to get one,

You're 17, just have fun with your youth lol, I was busy buying and crashing motorcycles at that age, I did have gf's and back then but now I'm 10yrs older and wiser, my current gf and I are renting a flat and such things so....

image.png

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd