Black & Red themed battlestation! Any feedback before I start ordering?

40 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

Go with the newer version of the Seagate HDD. The one with the green label.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/j28H99/seagate-barracuda-3tb-35-7200rpm-internal-hard-drive-st3000dm008

If you want a case that can take an optical drive then the Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass is a really nice case.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/2mQRsY/phanteks-enthoo-pro-m-tempered-glass-atx-mid-tower-case-ph-es515ptg_bk

The 1440p monitor is what I would go for as you should be able to max out any game with a 1080 ti and get over 60 fps. At 4K there are some games that will hit hard although I suppose you could drop the settings down a touch.

The Kitguru review below of the Gigabyte GTX 1080 ti Aorus Extreme shows various games at 1440p and 4K so you can decide.

https://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/ryan-martin/gigabyte-aorus-gtx-1080-ti-xtreme-edition-11gb-review/

If you do decide to go 4K then I would up the psu a bit to 750W/850W so that you have the option of SLI later on.

Awesome!

I changed the  Seagate HDD to the one with the green label.

Not having an optical drive is not a problem and I prefer the RGB lighting and front I/O on the Aerocool P7 C1 over the Phanteks. However, I just noticed i selected the wrong one in the PcPartPicker list but this is the exact one I will be ordering Aerocool P7-C1 (Tempered Glass Edition) Black and it has the same glass window as the Phanteks. 

Having read through the KitGuru link and watching some videos I think its best to go for the 2K gaming at 90+fps considering i'm already stretching my budget and it would go a bit overboard, for now. 

i'm simply amazed at how drastically my build has already changed for the better since I was almost going to order everything, really greatly appreciated!

Any final thoughts? 

Edited by HenkDeVries47

I made small adjustments to your build. instead of getting 3 individual hd120s i put in a 3 pack with controller (the hub is not included when you buy the fans seperately i think). The asus mobo syncs natively with the gskill trident rgb ram sticks. The case can be synced with aura as well, which makes controlling the leds more efficient instead of running a bunch of programs for that.  Since game development is time intensive and your pc will be running a lot of hours, I changed the psu to a more efficient one. I have the corsair psu myself and the thing is silent and does well. Other than that, I would go with @lee32uk recommendation regarding the graphisccard etc.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 1700 3.0GHz 8-Core Processor  ($294.49 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Asus - CROSSHAIR VI HERO ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($236.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($165.89 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Samsung - 960 PRO 512GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($292.00 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($83.44 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB AORUS Video Card  ($724.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Aerocool - P7-C1 Black ATX Mid Tower Case  ($100.35 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair - HX Platinum 750W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($129.99 @ Amazon)
Case Fan: Corsair - HD120 RGB 3-Pack w/Controller 54.4 CFM  120mm Fans  ($79.99 @ Amazon)
Monitor: Acer - XB271HU bmiprz 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor  ($699.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $2808.11
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-07-08 23:12 EDT-0400

@HenkDeVries47the case you chose looks pretty cool btw. :)

6 hours ago, lee32uk said:

It isn't end of life. Maybe he is getting it confused with something else.

This? Sounds EOL to me!

System Spec: H87 mobo from Zotac, I3 4130, 4GB ddr3 1600mhz Cas 11, WD green 2TB all in side of a Cooler Mater Elite 120

6 hours ago, Đỗ Đức Huy said:
This? Sounds EOL to me!

That is a stupid decision on their part then. I am going to assume that bios support will continue though even if they are no longer going to manufacture it. 

There is a discussion in the link below, and one of the mods (Wardog) has supposedly had confirmation that support will continue for some time. It doesn't give me much faith in ASRock though if they can pull a stunt like this.

http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=5331&PN=13&title=x370-gaming-k4-new-bios-with-agesa-1006-out

This EOL thing is something I wasn't aware of so thanks for pointing it out.

13 hours ago, lee32uk said:

It isn't end of life. Maybe he is getting it confused with something else.

It seems that this board is no longer being manufactured by ASRock. I wasn't aware of it myself but you can look at the link provided by the other Guy who's name I can't type on my keyboard B|

This doesn't mean support will end, but it doesn't give me much confidence in ASRock going forward.

http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=5331&PN=13&title=x370-gaming-k4-new-bios-with-agesa-1006-out

yỗ Đỗ Đức HuyĐức Huy

7 hours ago, honor said:

I made small adjustments to your build. instead of getting 3 individual hd120s i put in a 3 pack with controller (the hub is not included when you buy the fans seperately i think). The asus mobo syncs natively with the gskill trident rgb ram sticks. The case can be synced with aura as well, which makes controlling the leds more efficient instead of running a bunch of programs for that.  Since game development is time intensive and your pc will be running a lot of hours, I changed the psu to a more efficient one. I have the corsair psu myself and the thing is silent and does well. Other than that, I would go with @lee32uk recommendation regarding the graphisccard etc.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 1700 3.0GHz 8-Core Processor  ($294.49 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Asus - CROSSHAIR VI HERO ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($236.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($165.89 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Samsung - 960 PRO 512GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($292.00 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($83.44 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB AORUS Video Card  ($724.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Aerocool - P7-C1 Black ATX Mid Tower Case  ($100.35 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair - HX Platinum 750W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($129.99 @ Amazon)
Case Fan: Corsair - HD120 RGB 3-Pack w/Controller 54.4 CFM  120mm Fans  ($79.99 @ Amazon)
Monitor: Acer - XB271HU bmiprz 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor  ($699.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $2808.11
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-07-08 23:12 EDT-0400

Thanks!

Updated list: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/HenkDeVries909/saved/3nB3CJ

The reason I picked three separate Corsair - HD120 RGB ones is because the case already comes with one, as described here.

After watching some more videos I changed my MOBA to the Asus - CROSSHAIR VI HERO ATX AM4 Motherboard and GPU to the Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB AORUS Video Card and I am happy with this. 

The PSU is a bit more expensive but I like the less noise and better efficiency so I have included that as well. 

(Hopefully) some final questions:

This one explicitly states that I should get the Ryzen 1700x instead of the Ryzen 1700 when I go with this MOBA but other videos have mentioned that there is nearly no difference between the two when overclocking. Should I go for the Ryzen 1700x if the max overclocking speed difference is around  0.2GHz?

He also mentions immediately after that the G-Skill Trident might not reach its 3200Mhz potential due to compatibility issues and being reverted back to 2466Mhz, do you know if this is still an issue?

Awesome! :D 

Edited by HenkDeVries47

1 hour ago, HenkDeVries47 said:

Thanks!

Updated list: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/HenkDeVries909/saved/3nB3CJ

The reason I picked three separate Corsair - HD120 RGB ones is because the case already comes with one, as described here.

After watching some more videos I changed my MOBA to the Asus - CROSSHAIR VI HERO ATX AM4 Motherboard and GPU to the Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB AORUS Video Card and I am happy with this. 

The PSU is a bit more expensive but I like the less noise and better efficiency so I have included that as well. 

(Hopefully) some final questions:

This one explicitly states that I should get the Ryzen 1700x instead of the Ryzen 1700 when I go with this MOBA but other videos have mentioned that there is nearly no difference between the two when overclocking. Should I go for the Ryzen 1700x if the max overclocking speed difference is around  0.2GHz?

He also mentions immediately after that the G-Skill Trident might not reach its 3200Mhz potential due to compatibility issues and being reverted back to 2466Mhz, do you know if this is still an issue?

Awesome! :D 

As far as I know, since then it isn't a problem anymore. i have a 1700 on a x370 Asus Pro running 3200 mhz c16 g.skill trident z without any issues. They have hynix A dies but after the agesa 1006 bios they ran on 3200 by just selecting the xmp profile for it. They have been rolling out loads of updates since release and there are fewer and fewer issues. The 1700 is more than enough really. 0.2 GHz aren't reallly worth the extra n price. The 1700 is all around the better deal imho.

44 minutes ago, honor said:

As far as I know, since then it isn't a problem anymore. i have a 1z00 on a x370 Asus Pro running 3200 mhz c16 g.skill trident z without any issues. They have hynix A dies but after the agesa 1006 bios they ran on 3200 by just selecting the xmp profile for it. They have been rolling out loads of updates since release and there are fewer and fewer issues. The 1700 is more than enough really. 0.2 GHz aren't reallly worth the extra n price. The 1700 is all around the better deal imho.

Cool, that settles it for me then!

I'm happy with how the build has evolved to how it is now and I think I will start ordering tomorrow if all is good.

Thanks everyone for all the feedback, it is very much appreciated!