Xbox one X

XiiXii808

Do you think it's worth buying an xbox one X if i have a gaming pc with a i7 6700 and an rx 480 g1 8gb gpu. I also plan on getting a ps4 pro for exclusives like ratchet and clank, uncharted, the last of us etc. But i thought about the xbox one X and was thinking it would be nice to have to play with friends that have an xbox but then again most games that come out for xbox are on pc anyway so i'm just no sure if it's worth buying. i think the ps4 pro and pc is a great balance for gaming but to me idk if i should get the xbox one x

not worth.

unless you really want to play the exclusives, which aren't very good right now, or really want to play with friends on Xbox, then don't.

if anything, get a used XBONE - much cheaper, and it will have the same games, just at lower resolution/FPS.

the xXbox1Xx is only worth it for you if you really want to play with friends, and will literally melt if you experience anything sub 1080p 60FPS

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

4 minutes ago, XiiXii808 said:

Do you think it's worth buying an xbox one X if i have a gaming pc with a i7 6700 and an rx 480 g1 8gb gpu. I also plan on getting a ps4 pro for exclusives like ratchet and clank, uncharted, the last of us etc. But i thought about the xbox one X and was thinking it would be nice to have to play with friends that have an xbox but then again most games that come out for xbox are on pc anyway so i'm just no sure if it's worth buying. i think the ps4 pro and pc is a great balance for gaming but to me idk if i should get the xbox one x

most if not all the exclusives are coming to the PC anyway, so its better to invest the money into a pc

Main PC | AMD R7 3700X | Noctua D14 | MSI RTX 2080 Super XS OC | Corsair Vengence LPX 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | MSI B550A Pro | 1TB PNY XLR8 NVMe SSD | Kingston A400 960GB SSD | 2TB Western Digital Green HDD | Fractal Design Define R6TG |

Laptop (Asus TUF FX505DY) | AMD R5 3550H | RX560X | Crucial DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | Western Digital SN550 256GB SSD | PNY CS900 960GB SSD |

Phone | Samsung S10 Lite (128GB + 128GB SD card) |

Other Cool Stuff | Steam Link | Sontronics Podcast Pro | NZXT Hue+ | Corsair K70 MK 2 (MX Brown) | Logitech G402 | HiSense A7300 43 Inch 4K TV | Logitech C920 | Ender 3 Pro with Bulleye Fan duct and BLTouch |Sony PS4 | Nintendo Switch 

3 minutes ago, XiiXii808 said:

I mean if you have the funds to get it go for it, I doubt it will be a bad console, I am very much thinking if a halo edition comes out I want it, but it very much look at me sort of thing :P

If you feel like shelling out more dough for 60fps and/or "true 4K" then go ahead. Personally I'd either grab an XBS or wait for the inevitable price drop.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

If you have a fair number of friends who play on it and don't use a PC, then yeah, go for it. That's why I have one (well, Xbox One S) and I'll likely upgrade to an Xbox One X when I pick up a 4k TV. If you don't have a 4k TV, I don't think I'd really bother. You're missing out on one of its nicest features.

PS4 does have nice exclusives, if you don't mind the controller.

You're gaming PC is more than adequate, so honestly I'd probably pick up a console if the above is true. You could upgrade, sure, but at least if you buy a console you can experience both sides. I think @RadiatingLight has the right idea with grabbing an older one, especially if you have a 1080p TV. If you get a 500GB model, make sure you budget enough money to have an external drive as well, space runs out awfully fast.

11 minutes ago, AdamBGames said:

most if not all the exclusives are coming to the PC anyway, so its better to invest the money into a pc

He already has a PC...

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

3 minutes ago, dizmo said:

If you have a fair number of friends who play on it and don't use a PC, then yeah, go for it. That's why I have one (well, Xbox One S) and I'll likely upgrade to an Xbox One X when I pick up a 4k TV. If you don't have a 4k TV, I don't think I'd really bother. You're missing out on one of its nicest features.

PS4 does have nice exclusives, if you don't mind the controller.

You're gaming PC is more than adequate, so honestly I'd probably pick up a console if the above is true. You could upgrade, sure, but at least if you buy a console you can experience both sides. I think @RadiatingLight has the right idea with grabbing an older one, especially if you have a 1080p TV. If you get a 500GB model, make sure you budget enough money to have an external drive as well, space runs out awfully fast.

He already has a PC...

ok, then its actually not worth getting at all as the "exclusives" are coming to the windows store anyway

Main PC | AMD R7 3700X | Noctua D14 | MSI RTX 2080 Super XS OC | Corsair Vengence LPX 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | MSI B550A Pro | 1TB PNY XLR8 NVMe SSD | Kingston A400 960GB SSD | 2TB Western Digital Green HDD | Fractal Design Define R6TG |

Laptop (Asus TUF FX505DY) | AMD R5 3550H | RX560X | Crucial DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | Western Digital SN550 256GB SSD | PNY CS900 960GB SSD |

Other Cool Stuff | Steam Link | Sontronics Podcast Pro | NZXT Hue+ | Corsair K70 MK 2 (MX Brown) | Logitech G402 | HiSense A7300 43 Inch 4K TV | Logitech C920 | Ender 3 Pro with Bulleye Fan duct and BLTouch |Sony PS4 | Nintendo Switch 

4 minutes ago, AdamBGames said:

ok, then its actually not worth getting at all as the "exclusives" are coming to the windows store anyway

Did you completely miss the part where he has friends that play on Xbox? 

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

8 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

If the 4K gaming stuff doesn't really matter, get an Xbox One S.

At the very least you also have a UHD Blu Ray player.

Agree, this was one of the big selling points for me to get it... You can get 4k movies without needing the UHD blu-ray player, but they are excellent to watch on a nice 4K screen, and that's even considering I was a dumbass and jumped to 4k too early before the HDR ones came out, so will probably update again in a few years I guess, lol.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

7 hours ago, RadiatingLight said:

"the xXbox1Xx ... will literally melt if you experience anything sub 1080p 60FPS"

Seems about right, considering the fact that its smaller then the xbone, and i can cook an egg on my xbone if i wanted to. Microsoft better of crammed some good airflow/cooling in that thing.

Oh? Well hello there! Notice me please!

Specs!

CPU: A AMD A10 APU

HDD: like, 1 terabyte

RAM: 2x4 gig sticks of kingston DDR3

GPU: heheh- the amd A10 APU with radeon graphics oh wow

PSU: What ever is inside this thing

MOBO: same thing as the psu

Hah. this is my laptop. spooked.

13 minutes ago, Brianyu said:

Seems about right, considering the fact that its smaller then the xbone, and i can cook an egg on my xbone if i wanted to. Microsoft better of crammed some good airflow/cooling in that thing.

just more efficient chips.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

Just now, RadiatingLight said:

just more efficient chips.

I mean, yea. true. if it doesnt run at like 90 degrees C then ill be happy with it

Oh? Well hello there! Notice me please!

Specs!

CPU: A AMD A10 APU

HDD: like, 1 terabyte

RAM: 2x4 gig sticks of kingston DDR3

GPU: heheh- the amd A10 APU with radeon graphics oh wow

PSU: What ever is inside this thing

MOBO: same thing as the psu

Hah. this is my laptop. spooked.

18 hours ago, dizmo said:

Did you completely miss the part where he has friends that play on Xbox? 

if thats the case, its better to get the original xbox, the amount you will pay for that console is not worth it

Its about preference. The Xbox ecosystem is a lot bigger than PC. By that I mean its more common to find people that play. Like you said, you want to play with friends. If you have the money to get it go for it. Despite xbox and PC releasing the same titles its not guaranteed they're cross compatible. The PS4 Pro is also good for its exclusives. Again if you want it and can afford it grab it. They're both capable and the PS4 has slightly more accessable VR too. 

Windows 10 has an integrated Xbox app that lets you talk with your friends through party chat, has achievements etc. It also allows for cross-platform gaming in some titles. You might want to consider that.

If they keep their promise and not have only Xbox one X exclusive games then it's not worth it. I'm probably going to buy an E-GPU for my laptop and use thunder port 3 (only lose 10% of the power) and turn my laptop into a mid settings average fps 4K rig. It's either that or spend £400 more for a gaming PC. 

I already have an Xbox One so for me it's not worth it till they come out with the xbox 2 or whatever it will be called.

If you can afford both consoles then you might as well buy a PC but if you only care about sofa gaming, playing Fifa and cracking a cold one with the boys face to face 'IN 4K' then go with the console.

Yours Sincerely,

The Rt Hon. Jimmy

I plan on trading up my XBOS for an XBOX, when the time comes. Not sure if I will try and sell it myself or just take the easy route and trade it in. Will see what the market is like and what they are offering for trade in value. 

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)