Tired of this....

Arshdeep

I got some CM Sickle Flow (120mm) fans. They are poop.

The screws are self-threading (taping) which means hard labor is due to

screw them in (down't male jokes on sexual or my bad ability to screw in screws). 

They won't go in all the way and I gave tried several methods. This causes several vibration issues, the very thing the screws for designed to reduce.

Any tips? They have been no use at all so far.

Fans: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=35-103-091&Tpk=35-103-091

Case: HAF 912

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

you should thread the fans before you install it in the case. get some rubber washers or something in between the case and the fan if you can.

you should thread the fans before you install it in the case. get some rubber washers or something in between the case and the fan if you can.

I tried it with a drill. Had to request more screws for CM because the screw heads chipped off and I couldn't hey any grip (with screw driver). 

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

I tried it with a drill. Had to request more screws for CM because the screw heads chipped off and I couldn't hey any grip (with screw driver). 

...you're doing something wrong 

and I don't think I've seen a fan yet that came pre-threaded. 

but seriously, work on that screwing. 

Error: 410

you should work out 

If your screwdriver is spinning on the screw head, you need a different screw driver. One that properly fits will have no trouble. Try threading an aluminum housed fan, now that's a bitch.

Spoiler

Gaming PC

• SSUPD Meshlicious White Full Mesh
  • Corsair SF650 Platinum
  • ASrock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax (Won a giveaway from OptimumTech)
  • Ryzen 5 5600X w/ Scythe Big Shuriken 3
  • 2x8gb G.Skill Flare X @3200 CL14
  • PowerColor Gigabyte RX 6750 XT
  • Storage:
    • Samsung 970 Evo NVME
    • Samsung 860 Evo 2.5"
    • MyDigitalSSD BP4 250gb (mSATA inside 2.5" enclosure)
  • W11Pro
  • AOC C24G1 + Dell S2415H
  • Cheap CyerPower keyboard (Wooting 60HE coming later this year)
  • Glorious Model O Matte White
  • LTT Northern Lights DeskPad 1000mm x 500mm
  • FX Audio Dac-X6 + Monoprice Modern Retro + Fifine Studio Condenser Mic

Media Server

• Rosewill RSV-L4412U 12-bay hotswap
  • Unraid 6.9.2
  • Asrock B450 Steel Legend
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • 2x8gb DDR4
  • LSI 9207-8I
  • 9x 2tb IronWolf • 2x 2tb WD Red • 1x 14tb WD Shucked White Label
  • MSI GTX 1050 Ti

Never good with screwing screws. Either way, many said the screws/fans weren't the best out there.

you should work out 

I do. But screws have the better of me. Kidding, they just suck ^^.

If your screwdriver is spinning on the screw head, you need a different screw driver. One that properly fits will have no trouble. Try threading an aluminum housed fan, now that's a bitch.

Yeah that is. Anyway, it does spin. Even if I get a grip. Sometimes the head just chips off and I can't grip it one bit more. 

Never good with screwing screws. Either way, many said the screws/fans weren't the best out there.

I do. But screws have the better of me. Kidding, they just suck ^^.

Yeah that is. Anyway, it does spin. Even if I get a grip. Sometimes the head just chips off and I can't grip it one bit more. 

ya some people just don't have the right feel for metal, or maybe you do have really shitty screws, I know threading fans are a pain in the ass because the screws do strip kinda easily but I manage.

Well sometimes the screws gets a bit misaligned/crooked and jammed/stuck mid way. Very hard to hold to hold it in place.

ya some people just don't have the right feel for metal, or maybe you do have really shitty screws, I know threading fans are a pain in the ass because the screws do strip kinda easily but I manage.

Screw driver can chew through your hands no matter how strong you are. *whining: I am still strong!

Got it fixed. So long it took for me to figure it out. And you said needed to work out. Me? hahaa them fans.

Get a proper fitting screw driver. Problem solved

Alternately get rubber mounts like the ones that come with Fractal and Noctua fans

SF120's from corsair! awesome ones. Should waited for them to come out.  :angry:  Why did I rush my build. 

SF120's from corsair! awesome ones. Should waited for them to come out.  :angry:  Why did I rush my build. 

I can't believe not a single person made a sex joke. That is an impressive feet on the internet sir.

I'm glad you got it fixed, and after everyones build there's always something newer or better they could've gotten instead if they waited.

That's just how it works, be happy you've got your beautiful new build. & Plus the fans are 25$ a pack.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't believe not a single person made a sex joke. That is an impressive feet on the internet sir.

I'm glad you got it fixed, and after everyones build there's always something newer or better they could've gotten instead if they waited.

That's just how it works, be happy you've got your beautiful new build. & Plus the fans are 25$ a pack.

Thanks man. I choose Ivy a week after lunch of haswell. I could use the rather better audio. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow! clam down. I myself was just talking about the integrated, haha, you seem to be going over the roof. Anyway, my cousin is getting into professorial music productions, with sound devices such as mixers and what not. Hopefull he can find some success. Currently just trying to start off. I don;t mean to brag, he is employed so...

Wow! clam down. I myself was just talking about the integrated, haha, you seem to be going over the roof. Anyway, my cousin is getting into professorial music productions, with sound devices such as mixers and what not. Hopefull he can find some success. Currently just trying to start off. I don;t mean to brag, he is employed so...

Ah I'm just venturing into the dimension of audiophiles as well. It's a little bit much, I think that that'll be all I need. I'm not super nerding out over it. I just lack the interest in it. & Yeah my dad pays for my shit, so the more overboard I go, then cut back, the more he thinks he saves. Manipulation at its finest boys.

Ah I'm just venturing into the dimension of audiophiles as well. It's a little bit much, I think that that'll be all I need. I'm not super nerding out over it. I just lack the interest in it. & Yeah my dad pays for my shit, so the more overboard I go, then cut back, the more he thinks he saves. Manipulation at its finest boys.

like going for a 4960X and going down to a 3570K/8350/4770K ^.^ I see man. He's dad pays for it and he has more bills to pay sense he is just moved.

like going for a 4960X and going down to a 3570K/8350/4770K ^.^ I see man. He's dad pays for it and he has more bills to pay sense he is just moved.

Exactly what i'm doing for my 4770k. & Yeah i just moved too, but its pretty cheap compared to regular university prices.

The jet flow fans come pre threaded

FX 6300 @ 4.2 Gigahurtz 1.325V ,  ASRock 970 Extreme 4 mobo  ,  Kingston Hyperx Blu 2X4GB @1600Mhz  , Asus GTX 960 DCU ii Black OC  , Hyper 212 Evo , Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB , WD 1 TB caviar Green , Xonar DG sound card , Seasonic M12ii Evo 620W PSU , Corsair 200R case ,4 random case fans.

Exactly what i'm doing for my 4770k. & Yeah i just moved too, but its pretty cheap compared to regular university prices.

Well he lives in Fremont and well the house prices are pretty high. however that is not the problem. His sis's husband came to live with them and he spends too much on repairs (regular furniture) and groceries, etc. I still feel as if I am bragging to you. sorry if it seems so.

Well he lives in Fremont and well the house prices are pretty high. however that is not the problem. His sis's husband came to live with them and he spends too much on repairs (regular furniture) and groceries, etc. I still feel as if I am bragging to you. sorry if it seems so.

I know that feel, NYC is expensive, but the income is higher cause of it.. So it balances out. Kind of funny tbh. & Nah doesn't feel like it to me. Bragging is more like.. "He's rich and gets nice stuff and u don't haha."