Photoshop experts wanted: Beijing scrambles to protect officials from doctored-image scandals

snowComet

South China Morning Post reported, Universities in China have received fundings from government to come up ways to determine whether an image was being manipulated by photo-editing software, as more and more Chinese officials are being blackmailed for money with fake digital photos, which usually involves sex scandals.

Also, as more and more Chinese government officials used fake digital photos to prompt themselves, the government wanted these scientists to develop a technical solution, so that these fake digital photos could be sniffed out, and removed before they were discovered by shape-eyed internet users, become another public embarassment of the government.

http://www.scmp.com/news/china/article/1362686/photoshop-experts-wanted-beijing-scrambles-protect-officials-doctored

South China Morning Post: Nine worst doctored photos of Chinese officials

http://www.scmp.com/news/china-insider/article/1343568/slideshow-doctored-photos-chinese-officials

Maybe they should crack down on Photoshop pirating so everyone uses Adobe CC. Then they can just "ask" Adobe who's been doctoring with images.

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

Haha I want to know what kind of blackmailing is involved with the 4 guys and a miniature fellow.

Maybe the Chinese should get better at doctoring images before actually reporting on it as a problem... This is hilarious :P

Intel i7 3770k, Maximus V Formula, 32GB G.Skill 1600MHz RAM, ASUS DCUII GTX 670

Damn Chinese invented levitation!

Poorly cutout, too much eraser tool and no light/shadow work. They need experts for it?

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

Damn Chinese invented levitation!

Poorly cutout, too much eraser tool and no light/shadow work. They need experts for it?

"Experts" Why yes they certainly do!

"Experts" Why yes they certainly do!

If that Chinese definition of "expert" then most of us here are epic...

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

If that Chinese definition of "expert" then most of us here are epic...

I could do a better job than them using paint...

Umm all I have to say is they shouldnt be worried if they didnt do anything. Am I right?