$30 MOTHERBOARD?! – Can it game?

4 hours ago, vong said:

Couldn't stand more than 3mins of this video. Linus needs to stop trying to entertain and just do a review.

yea same here I have got turned away from Linus's videos and all of hs reviews because of this i think they should go back to how it was like they were in the rental house because that was the best and i guess you could say his prime time

48 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

can Linus impersonate an Italian Mobster? 

Have you seen his acting skillz?

Oh its bad!

46 minutes ago, alex_dose_stuff said:

yea same here I have got turned away from Linus's videos and all of hs reviews because of this i think they should go back to how it was like they were in the rental house because that was the best and i guess you could say his prime time

I agree with you 100%

Linus has more expensive bills to pay now.

imo this is one of linuses worst videos. i mean the ending was fine but the beginning was so boring and overdone. the writer of this should be ashamed 

13700k, 3070, 32GB@3200

6 hours ago, vong said:

Couldn't stand more than 3mins of this video. Linus needs to stop trying to entertain and just do a review.

If you aren't here for the entertainment you are watching the wrong channel. Plenty of boring non-entertaining review channels out there. This is pretty cringe and doesn't help my point. But LTT isn't just a tech review channel. 

Embarrassing way to pad it out to over 10 minutes

28 minutes ago, Nickathom said:

imo this is one of linuses worst videos. i mean the ending was fine but the beginning was so boring and overdone. the writer of this should be ashamed 

You get more Adsense money if you make the video longer. I believe 10 minutes is the magic cutoff. They probably did their testing and realized there was no other way to make this 10 minutes.

Interesting topic, but terrible video

I would however like a video on if the cheapest CURRENT generation motherboard really makes any difference.

As whenever you build a cheap system for a family member you always see those $50/60 ASROCK boards or something, but I always just spend $20-30 more as I feel I'm getting a bit better build quality and reliability.

58 minutes ago, suits said:

If you aren't here for the entertainment you are watching the wrong channel. Plenty of boring non-entertaining review channels out there. This is pretty cringe and doesn't help my point. But LTT isn't just a tech review channel. 

I watch it for the information so I don't want to see that dumb sh!t. This video was just cringe. Yeah plenty of non-entertaining review channels out that aren't desperate enough to make these kind of videos and thumbnails to lure people in.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

The cringe is so strong, I couldn't finish watching it. Linus, please dont turn the channel to this. 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

18 minutes ago, rn8686 said:

The cringe is so strong, I couldn't finish watching it. Linus, please dont turn the channel to this. 

Didn't they say that the thumbnails would be click bait but the videos would remain high quality?

This whole video was click bait

You are actually reviewing the CPU, not the motherboard.

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

15 hours ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

Now Nicky V has gone can LU become the new LMG comedy character?

You can never top the og Nicky V. 

12 hours ago, Murphistic said:

It's interesting to see your comment, I think this is the first time ever somebody had encountered an issue with the Model M keyboard.

really ? i can remember getting the angry beep a lot with this keyboard - maybe i was doing something wrong

it was my first computer. i bought it used and the guy at the computer store threw it in for free when i looked at the connector and was like "oh, i guess i need a keyboard for this computer since the keyboards we have at home have a different connector - what is the cheapest you have?" and he was like pulling this board out of some crate in the back office and gave it to me. 

a free model M ... can you imagine that? sadly, it is long gone

i also had a siemens nixdorf keyboard btw.

9 hours ago, vong said:

I watch it for the information so I don't want to see that dumb sh!t. This video was just cringe. Yeah plenty of non-entertaining review channels out that aren't desperate enough to make these kind of videos and thumbnails to lure people in.

Then watch the other ones, simple as that.

12 hours ago, Mandrewoid said:

FINALLY  a board that supports hard dick.

5/7

That feels like it's too coincidental to be a typo :)

I feel like it would've been better to get a cheap board for a certain CPU and then compare to a expensive board for the same CPU to illustrate the (lack of) performance difference, not go and benchmark it against some totally unrelated kaby lake thingamajig.

1 hour ago, suits said:

Then watch the other ones, simple as that.

That's a shitty response to criticism.

Main Gaming PC - i9 10850k @ 5GHz - EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti with Heatkiller 4 - Asrock Z490 Taichi - Corsair H115i - 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16 OC'd to 3733 - HX850i - Samsung NVME 256GB SSD - Samsung 3.2TB PCIe 8x Enterprise NVMe - Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM HD - Lian Li Air

Proxmox Server - i7 8700k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB EVGA 3000 CL15 OC'd to 3200 - Asus Strix Z370-E Gaming - Oracle F80 800GB Enterprise SSD, LSI SAS running 3 4TB and 2 6TB (Both Raid Z0), Samsung 840Pro 120GB - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Super Server - i9 7980Xe @ 4.5GHz - 64GB 3200MHz Cl16 - Asrock X299 Professional - Nvidia Telsa K20 -Sandisk 512GB Enterprise SATA SSD, 128GB Seagate SATA SSD, 1.5TB WD Green (Over 9 years of power on time) - Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2

Laptop - 2019 Macbook Pro 16" - i7 - 16GB - 512GB - 5500M 8GB - Thermal Pads and Graphite Tape modded

Smart Phones - iPhone X - 64GB, AT&T, iOS 13.3 iPhone 6 : 16gb, AT&T, iOS 12 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.

I feel like you could have easily gotten a better motherboard for your money. I recently put together a gaming PC for around £150 ($195 USD) and I probably get better performance than this APU. I got my motherboard for only £15 ($19.50 USD) secondhand on eBay and it's what LTT should have done really. It also came with a dual-core CPU, Stock cooler and 4GB of RAM. Sure it's only a LGA 775 board and only supports up to a Core2Quad but that's more than enough for me. I get 120FPS in CSGO 1080P, 150FPS in League of Legends, 60FPS on GTA V normal settings and 60 FPS on Skyrim.

So things with this video is the actual message is really good, but that the way it is delivered is rude and mocking for lot of people, I mean spinning mobo in hand this is really bad, (don't rost me people I am new here!) 

10 hours ago, KenjiUmino said:

really ? i can remember getting the angry beep a lot with this keyboard - maybe i was doing something wrong

I found a reddit post, where the OP mentions, that IBM Model Ms have 2 key rollover limitation. So, I would say it was nothing wrong with your keyboard. It's just the way it was designed.

After our conversation I really should get somewhere one of these keyboards. I usually type on notebook and after trying out some cheap membrane keyboards I always returned to the notebook ones. At least, I have a Lenovo one, maybe I can still taste some of that IBM blood :D

Should make a part 2 but with CPUs people will actually buy. So the cheapest RYZEN board an cheapest Kaby Lake board.   Then part 3 can be the cheapest RYZEN and Kaby Lake board with overclocking support and compare the overclocking potential with high end boards. 

That is a great way @Camoxide for Linus or as I like to call him L-man to make more money at his video flicks.