evga GTX 970 ssc acx 2.0 cooling

so i have a evga gtx 970 ssc acx 2.0 will a Arctic Cooling Accelero Twin Turbo III fit on it?

4 minutes ago, arnearne12345 said:

so i have a evga gtx 970 ssc acx 2.0 will a Arctic Cooling Accelero Twin Turbo III fit on it?

yes but why do you need to replace it? Cant you just reapply thermal paste first and see if temps are better

sadly i have tried that twice and the temps are only part of the problem the big problem are the fans as they scream like crazy due to damaged bearings spinning them by hand results in crunching sounds

8 minutes ago, Tiwaz said:

yes but why do you need to replace it? Cant you just reapply thermal paste first and see if temps are better

sadly i have tried that twice and the temps are only part of the problem the big problem are the fans as they scream like crazy due to damaged bearings spinning them by hand results in crunching sounds

3 minutes ago, arnearne12345 said:

how old is it? pretty sure you could get warranty on that

edit: 100% sure since you can get 5 year warranty if you register it at evga's site after the purchase,even if not the warranty is 3 years so you might still be protected by that

i7 4790K | 4.5ghz @1.19v / 1080 ti strix oc  / Asus Z97 Pro Gamer  / 970 Evo 500GB | 850 Evo 500GB / Corsair 780t white|window  

PG279Q | VG248QE/ Corsair ax860i   /   Corsair H110i GTX   /  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 2400mhz /

5 minutes ago, McHox said:

how old is it? pretty sure you could get warranty on that

i brought it in for replacement before the warranty expired because it sounded like a vacuum cleaner they just said "it works and sounds just fine" i bought it October 2015

come to think of it should i just strap three 80 mm fans on there?

39 minutes ago, arnearne12345 said:

i brought it in for replacement before the warranty expired because it sounded like a vacuum cleaner they just said "it works and sounds just fine" i bought it October 2015

then you had the same problem as i had with the EVGA gtx 970 SC that i had till one week ago. There is a faulty cooler design where they basically took the gtx 770 cooler and used it again with a different fan shroud on some of the new cards where the heatpipes are a bit off so only 2 of the 3 heatpipes touch the gpu die

44 minutes ago, arnearne12345 said:

dont you still have warranty on that even if you rma'd it before? should have a year of warranty left

i7 4790K | 4.5ghz @1.19v / 1080 ti strix oc  / Asus Z97 Pro Gamer  / 970 Evo 500GB | 850 Evo 500GB / Corsair 780t white|window  

PG279Q | VG248QE/ Corsair ax860i   /   Corsair H110i GTX   /  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 2400mhz /

nvm i'm just gonna strap 2 80 mm fans to the heatsink and wire them up to the connector