How could I have missed this?

Game of PvM

So, I'm a young guy, only 16 just starting to get my feet wet in gaming. I played gamecube, playstation 1,2,3 but instead of picking up PS4 I decided I would use my PC for more then WoW and league, I would play the games I usually buy for console on it. So today I bought AC4 off steam and my god the graphics, the smoothness it's amazing! I'm 5 hours into it and sometimes find myself wondering if it's a cinematic or if it's gameplay. No more will I miss out on the best gaming experiences, no more will I settle for 720p, no more will I game on a console! 

So, I'm a young guy, only 16 just starting to get my feet wet in gaming. I played gamecube, playstation 1,2,3 but instead of picking up PS4 I decided I would use my PC for more then WoW and league, I would play the games I usually buy for console on it. So today I bought AC4 off steam and my god the graphics, the smoothness it's amazing! I'm 5 hours into it and sometimes find myself wondering if it's a cinematic or if it's gameplay. No more will I miss out on the best gaming experiences, no more will I settle for 720p, no more will I game on a console! 

Welcome to PC gaming, here we offer better performance and smoother gameplay without noobs. 

See I try telling my friend about it, but he's convinced it's not so good. He tells me he won't notice the difference. 

If I sat him down in front of my 2K monitor I'm sure he would want to switch. 

Welcome to PC gaming, here we offer better performance and smoother gameplay without noobs. 

Welcome to the family.

Thank you! Now I love the AC4 gameplay but I'm curious how are FPS games like COD and BF4 on PC, I keep hearing stuff about dedicated servers and aim bots, is it really that bad?

See I try telling my friend about it, but he's convinced it's not so good. He tells me he won't notice the difference. 

If I sat him down in front of my 2K monitor I'm sure he would want to switch. 

Oh man, he is missing out! I've never had such a great experience I usually play games to beat them and get through it. I'm at like 5 hours and only 6-7% done AC4 cause I wander around, grab collectibles and do side quests. The world looks so good I want to stay in it as long as possible!

Thank you! Now I love the AC4 gameplay but I'm curious how are FPS games like COD and BF4 on PC, I keep hearing stuff about dedicated servers and aim bots, is it really that bad?

They do exist, but they aren't too comon

I'm pretty sure you took the "no more" from the beautiful story about a man switching to PC from consoles..

No they aren't. There are tones of legit players who never use those. FPS games don't really have people raging after they are killed the community is also a lot better. Dedicated servers are from people who bought them to host a game, unlike on Consoles where the servers are already there.

I'm pretty sure you took the "no more" from the beautiful story about a man switching to PC from consoles..

What beautiful story? 

Your amazing story about going from console to PC.

I didn't think it was that beautiful, it just got me thinking how many other people are console players and are missing out on a great experience because of it. I'm sure plenty of people on the forum have much cooler stories about getting into PC gaming, I just thought I'd share mine :D

I didn't think it was that beautiful, it just got me thinking how many other people are console players and are missing out on a great experience because of it. I'm sure plenty of people on the forum have much cooler stories about getting into PC gaming, I just thought I'd share mine :D

It's quite beautiful. When console players move to something better you have become a real gamer.

It's quite beautiful. When console players move to something better you have become a real gamer.

Thank you friend! You can be sure Ill be getting my friends to make the switch, maybe even direct them to the LTT forum. Loving this community!

What do you have in your rig?

i5 3450

8gigs of ram

I made this at like 15, barely knowing anything about PCs.

But I got some cash saved up and black friday ill be picking up a 780, new mobo and a 4670k

i5 3450

8gigs of ram

I made this at like 15, barely knowing anything about PCs.

But I got some cash saved up and black friday ill be picking up a 780, new mobo and a 4670k

Nice!

I'm the Forum Owl

*Who*

This thread makes PC gaming seem like some kind of cult.

The PS4 still runs AC4 at 1080p 60fps, so you wouldn't really be settling for 720p.