online games that can be played with a low internet speed

d0pe_gam!ng

games that can be played with a slow internet (512-1mbps).

suggest some!

Its not really the internet speed that affects online gaming, but rather packet loss or ping. So long as that is low, games will be fine. 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

Minecraft

I suck a typing, preparw for typos.

Desktop

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x MOBO: MSI X570-A Pro RAM: 32 GB Corsair DDR4

GPUS: Gigabyte GTX 1660ti OC 6G  CASE: Corsair Carbide 100R STORAGE: Samsung Evo 960 500GB, Crucial P1 M.2 NVME 1TB   PSU: Corsair CX550M CPU COOLER: Corsair H100x

LAPTOP

Apple Macbook Pro 13 M1 Pro

4 minutes ago, d0pe_gam!ng said:

games that can be played with a slow internet (512-1mbps).

suggest some!

Any offline single player games

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Any offline single player games

this. If one multiplayer is to laggy because of shitty internet, other will be as well. 

Just now, PatrickK said:

this. If one multiplayer is to laggy because of shitty internet, other will be as well. 

I forgot to read the title, I should get another warning 

rip

6 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

I forgot to read the title, I should get another warning 

rip

Nah i actually agreed with you. I know the title says online, but if one multiplayer game is to laggy to play because of your internet, im 99% sure others will be to laggy as well. So either play Singleplayer or buy better internet. Maybe, just maybe co-op survival games might be better. Since lag doesn't matter as much as in shooters etc

Dark Age of Camelot, World of Warcraft, Everquest Series.

Ok you'll have a hell of a time getting the client finished downloading (4-20 gigs) but then all is well.

9 minutes ago, PatrickK said:

you won't believe it, but some time back, game developers optimized their web code and stuck with that.

Nowadays they usually go like "oh current hardware and specs can't run our game well. Don't worry, when we release the stuff the hardware will be on par.

Main System:

Anghammarad : Asrock Taichi x570, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @4900 MHz. 32 GB DDR4 3600, some NVME SSDs, Gainward Phoenix RTX 3070TI

System 2 "Igluna" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

System 3 "Inskah" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

On the Road: Acer Aspire 5 Model A515-51G-54FD, Intel Core i5 7200U, 8 GB DDR4 Ram, 120 GB SSD, 1 TB SSD, Intel CPU GFX and Nvidia MX 150, Full HD IPS display

Media System "Vio": Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5700X, 64 GB Ram DDR4 3200 Mushkin, 1 275 GB Crucial MX SSD, 1 tb Crucial MX500 SSD. IBM 5015 Megaraid, 4 Seagate Ironwolf 4TB HDD in raid 5, 4 WD RED 4 tb in another Raid 5, Gainward Phoenix GTX 1060

(Abit Fatal1ty FP9 IN SLI, C2Duo E8400, 6 GB Ram DDR2 800, far too less diskspace, Gainward Phantom 560 GTX broken need fixing)

Nostalgia: Amiga 1200, Tower Build, CPU/FPU/MMU 68EC020, 68030, 68882 @50 Mhz, 10 MByte ram (2 MB Chip, 8 MB Fast), Fast SCSI II, 2 CDRoms, 2 1 GB SCSI II IBM Harddrives, 512 MB Quantum Lightning HDD, self soldered Sync changer to attach VGA displays, WLAN

2 minutes ago, Anghammarad said:

you won't believe it, but some time back, game developers optimized their web code and stuck with that.

Nowadays they usually go like "oh current hardware and specs can't run our game well. Don't worry, when we release the stuff the hardware will be on par.

I understand, but what has this to do with internet lag? There's no way of reducing lagg for your multiplayer. There's certain techniques like CS:GO uses for example, which tries to balance out player positionings. Meaning that, when your behind a wall, and on the enemy's screen you're still in the open it tries to balance this out. Not sure how i could explain this more clear. But if players have bad internet, they're is not much to do on your part if your servers are stable

I know lag issues. But then that's not due to the bandwith but the routing from the provider. 

Pingplotter helps finding the culprits on the way from home to destination. If the provider is involved, open a trouble ticket that they get their s**t sorted out. 

Had to do that quite often with Telekom and O2. 

Main System:

Anghammarad : Asrock Taichi x570, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @4900 MHz. 32 GB DDR4 3600, some NVME SSDs, Gainward Phoenix RTX 3070TI

System 2 "Igluna" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

System 3 "Inskah" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

On the Road: Acer Aspire 5 Model A515-51G-54FD, Intel Core i5 7200U, 8 GB DDR4 Ram, 120 GB SSD, 1 TB SSD, Intel CPU GFX and Nvidia MX 150, Full HD IPS display

Media System "Vio": Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5700X, 64 GB Ram DDR4 3200 Mushkin, 1 275 GB Crucial MX SSD, 1 tb Crucial MX500 SSD. IBM 5015 Megaraid, 4 Seagate Ironwolf 4TB HDD in raid 5, 4 WD RED 4 tb in another Raid 5, Gainward Phoenix GTX 1060

(Abit Fatal1ty FP9 IN SLI, C2Duo E8400, 6 GB Ram DDR2 800, far too less diskspace, Gainward Phantom 560 GTX broken need fixing)

Nostalgia: Amiga 1200, Tower Build, CPU/FPU/MMU 68EC020, 68030, 68882 @50 Mhz, 10 MByte ram (2 MB Chip, 8 MB Fast), Fast SCSI II, 2 CDRoms, 2 1 GB SCSI II IBM Harddrives, 512 MB Quantum Lightning HDD, self soldered Sync changer to attach VGA displays, WLAN

csgo has good lag compensation, set your upload speed with 'rate <kbps>' - I suggest 64000 or 96000 from default 190000

idk

I've played WoW since the very beginning and at different times ive had to deal with terrible internet but for the most part it doesn't impact on gameplay, sure it sucks taking a day or two to download a patch but once its done as long as your latency is 300 or under its very playable.  As others have said, your ping/latency is whats important because game-play itself doesn't require a great deal of bandwidth. 

• 2 years later...
On 6/12/2017 at 3:57 AM, d0pe_gam!ng said:

games that can be played with a slow internet (512-1mbps). suggest some!

Practically any game that lets you play against bots. CSGO, LoL, Call of Duty, Monday Night Combat, etc, etc. I recommend these games because bots are just as fun as against real players provided you bump up their difficulty a little. I personally find that most Call of Duty bots are just as good, if not better than playing against real players. Call of Duty Ghosts and Call of Duty WWII in particular. You get to use all the guns, skins and attachments without having to unlock them as well.

*** Thread locked ***

Please don't revive dead topics. If you want to discuss about same subject, you can link to original thread in your new one.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv