E3 - Everthing confirmed so far

Master Disaster
2 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Gotta say, so far Ubisoft is winning E3. They showed the most games, most actual gameplay, the least cringy YouTubers, least dubstep and some new IPs too. Oh and no cringe moments at all.

Good Job Ubisoft.

I'm giving them credit for their Just Dance 2018 not being a horrible cringefest like it can descend into. (Some years worse than others.)

Skull & Bones looks interesting, but, well, the problem with Pirate content is that the actual game play requires a lot of time jumps. Pre-Steam Engine combat would be really, really slow.

I'm a bit confused by BG&E2.  Is its beta thing about designing places for the game, testing them out?

Did at least look like they managed to get more than 5 people working on it though ;)

2 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

Gotta say, so far Ubisoft is winning E3. They showed the most games, most actual gameplay, the least cringy YouTubers, least dubstep and some new IPs too. Oh and no cringe moments at all.

Good Job Ubisoft.

I think Bethesda had the best moment of E3 (Wolfenstein II reveal) and the worst (look we're adding microtransactions to Fallout and Skyrim!). Plus I can't forgive Ubisoft for Mario Rabbits.

10 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

COD WWII looks surprisingly awesome. It's confirmed for PC too, right?

Yes, it is. Preorders have been available since spring '17.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

On 2017-06-12 at 1:16 AM, Majestic said:

$499 for a console that has nothing going for it, except an uptick in resolution.

What an absolute joke.

Why? Buying an Xbox One X would be like buying a new graphics card. 

Just watched Sony, it was meh.

The Android game looked decent and Spider Man looked good but outside of those 2 nothing else stood out plus there was no Gran Turismo, no Last Of Us 2 and no 'mystery announcement'.

IMO Ubisoft are still winning, let's see what Nintendo can do today.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

14 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

Good Job Ubisoft.

I was sad that Splinter Cell didn't make a appearance ;-;

The only games a was excited to to hear something about was Forza and Splinter Cell.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

10 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Oh man, a DLC that looks like it's in Yellowstone for Horizon Zero Dawn.

Urghhh yes!
Aloy's expression when she says she's there for answers... So damn good.

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

4 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

Just watched Sony, it was meh.

The Android game looked decent and Spider Man looked good but outside of those 2 nothing else stood out plus there was no Gran Turismo, no Last Of Us 2 and no 'mystery announcement'.

IMO Ubisoft are still winning, let's see what Nintendo can do today.

God of War looked incredible. In the Ubisoft show the only thing that looked that interesting to me was Assassins Creed Origins, and even then the presentation for it was way better at the XBox One X unveiling. I'm cautiously optimistic on Origins though based on how good the AC games were last generation. I don't think anyone should have expected much from The Last of Us Part II. That game is so far out the best case would have probably been another short cutscene trailer. I'd put the Days Gone gameplay as maybe the third or fourth most interesting thing I have seen at E3 so far, with God of War #1, Wolfenstein II #2 and then a toss up between Days Gone and Metro Exodus from the XBox show for #3. I hope Nintendo knocks it out of the park today though and gives some good reasons to get a Switch (and god no more Mario Rabbits please, that looks horrific).

EDIT: Wait, I forgot COD WWII. That looked amazing yesterday and I'd put that at #3 on my list, and move Days Gone vs Metro Exodus to tied for #4.

Nintendo will definitely being showing Mario Odyssey off, and that game looked great from the brief trailer shown. Splatoon 2 and Arms (I played the test fire demo that they recently had up and it was a blast) will be shown as well.

I'm really hoping we find out what Retro Studios (Metroid, please be Metroid) is up to. They haven't released anything since Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze on the Wii U.

I really, really hope Metro Exodus lives up to its potential. I thought I detected elements of The Witcher3 in the set design. And does Artyom (sp?) actually play a role in this game?

Spoiler

How the hell did he survive the fucking massive explosion within D6!? Yeah, yeah, I know. If I played a stellar good-karma campaign, the little alien dude stays Artyom's hand on the demolition switch. That karma mechanic was a bitch to figure out.... good? Bad? A bit of both? I really hope they improved that element in the game.

I know. The trailer shown was a spiffy, enhanced version. My 1080p, XB1 console won't look that good. Still... still...

2 hours ago, Serin said:

Urghhh yes!
Aloy's expression when she says she's there for answers... So damn good.

That's indeed a mighty fine looking game. As an XBox1 user, I'm envious of your console exclusive. Nice.

Crap, I just read the Nintendo show is only going to be 30 minutes long. I was hoping for a flood of great game announcements but it's hard to imagine that in only half an hour.

2 hours ago, PrometheanCat2 said:

That's indeed a mighty fine looking game. As an XBox1 user, I'm envious of your console exclusive. Nice.

Mate, I was an xbox lifer... Halo... but I got a ps4 for H:ZD, played it, fell in love, then upgraded to a pro just for the dlc and a replay.
Kinda changed my life. Can't recommend highly enough.

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

1 minute ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

OK, Nintendo wins E3 just for that Super Mario Odyssey trailer.

That and (even though it won't be out for a while), Metroid Prime 4.

I've been wanting a new Metroid Prime game since 3 released back in 2007.

METROID PRIME 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'VE BEEN WAITING 10 FUCKING YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

So Nintendo won then, I mean Kirby, Yoshi, Metroid for Switch & DS and Mario Odyssey too. They really nailed it.

A few things stood out though, there was very little third party support and they focused entirely on Switch with nothing for DS until after the presentation.

IMO Nintendo had to pull out some big guns this time, Switch owners are starting to get Wii U syndrome now and realising their $300 console is not much more than a Zelda player right now. Sure Arms is imminent but other than that and Zelda there's nothing really new and fresh on the system, most everything is a re release of an old game and even by December there will only be a handful of new games out for Switch. They had to tell players there is other stuff coming, let's just hope the first party stuff is enough because I don't see the third parties lining up to release anything outside of the usual or definitive editions of old games.

Its still I little early but I fear Switch is going down the same path as Wii U did.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

3 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Crap, I just read the Nintendo show is only going to be 30 minutes long. I was hoping for a flood of great game announcements but it's hard to imagine that in only half an hour.

Well..... METROID PRIME 4!!!!!!! Because of that announcement alone Nintendo won e3 to me.

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

Nintendo officially won, let's hope more things are coming to the switch, the biggest problem switch has is not having enough supply. 

3 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

So Nintendo won then, I mean Kirby, Yoshi, Metroid for Switch & DS and Mario Odyssey too. They really nailed it.

A few things stood out though, there was very little third party support and they focused entirely on Switch with nothing for DS until after the presentation.

IMO Nintendo had to pull out some big guns this time, Switch owners are starting to get Wii U syndrome now and realising their $300 console is not much more than a Zelda player right now. Sure Arms is imminent but other than that and Zelda there's nothing really new and fresh on the system, most everything is a re release of an old game and even by December there will only be a handful of new games out for Switch. They had to tell players there is other stuff coming, let's just hope the first party stuff is enough because I don't see the third parties lining up to release anything outside of the usual or definitive editions of old games.

Its still I little early but I fear Switch is going down the same path as Wii U did.

The Switch is selling so well I can't see it ending up like the Wii U. I can understand devs being scared initially, but now they're going to have to support this console. Because with this lineup they just showed off today the Switch is going to keep selling like crazy. It looks like Nintendo hit it out of the park with the Switch.