E3 - Everthing confirmed so far

Master Disaster

The announcement METROID PRIME 4 is very nice. One of my favorite IP's of all time. Not enough to buy a switch tho. 

Test ideas by experiment and observation; build on those ideas that pass the test, reject the ones that fail; follow the evidence wherever it leads and question everything.

6 hours ago, linkboy said:

That and (even though it won't be out for a while), Metroid Prime 4.

I've been wanting a new Metroid Prime game since 3 released back in 2007.

I never played the Metro Prime games but loved the 2D games on NES, SNES, and Game Boy. Some time I'm going to have to play the trilogy on Dolphin to see if I like them as much as I do the old school games. If you haven't played the originals, Metroid on NES and Super Metroid on SNES are top 10 games from the 2D era IMO.

1 hour ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

I never played the Metro Prime games but loved the 2D games on NES, SNES, and Game Boy. Some time I'm going to have to play the trilogy on Dolphin to see if I like them as much as I do the old school games. If you haven't played the originals, Metroid on NES and Super Metroid on SNES are top 10 games from the 2D era IMO.

Metroid Prime was fantastic.

Super Metroid is about as perfect of a 2D game as you can get and I hope it never gets remade. 

7 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

So Nintendo won then, I mean Kirby, Yoshi, Metroid for Switch & DS and Mario Odyssey too. They really nailed it.

A few things stood out though, there was very little third party support and they focused entirely on Switch with nothing for DS until after the presentation.

IMO Nintendo had to pull out some big guns this time, Switch owners are starting to get Wii U syndrome now and realising their $300 console is not much more than a Zelda player right now. Sure Arms is imminent but other than that and Zelda there's nothing really new and fresh on the system, most everything is a re release of an old game and even by December there will only be a handful of new games out for Switch. They had to tell players there is other stuff coming, let's just hope the first party stuff is enough because I don't see the third parties lining up to release anything outside of the usual or definitive editions of old games.

Its still I little early but I fear Switch is going down the same path as Wii U did.

I've already just accepted that Nintendo's third party is garbage. It has been since the GC days, and even then it wasn't great. Think about it, last time Nintendo had REAL actually strong third party support was the SNES! Maybe if the Switch continues to sell well it could maybe change this and attract the third parties. Maybe.

At least it has pretty damn good first party support though, even if it is mostly ports. On the Wii U, even the first party support was weak as shit, so at least the Switch has that going for it. Who knows, we'll just have to wait and see if the Switch follows the Wii U's fate. One thing's for sure though, Nintendo totally demolished Sony and M$ this e3. Hell, all they really needed to do to win was have Reggie walk out on the stage and be like "metroid prime 4 bitches", and they still would have won. I mean, come on, IT'S FUCKING METROID PRIME. NOTHING GONNA COMPETE WITH THAT! The rest is just the cherry on top.

Now, we got MP4 announced... So now all I need to die happy is the Resident Evil 2 remake to actually be a thing.

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

1 hour ago, linkboy said:

Metroid Prime was fantastic.

Super Metroid is about as perfect of a 2D game as you can get and I hope it never gets remade. 

Yeah 2D remakes are awful. I hated the Ducktales remake that ended up looking like a cheap flash game. I always hated the updated graphics you'd get on the XBox Live Arcade for 2D arcade classics like Shinobi and Double Dragon, but thankfully you could go back to original graphics.